Shooting on VA Tech campus

Status
Not open for further replies.
most logical explanation = trying to determine if the bomb threats had anything to do with today, and if they did, why.

It doesn't sound like this guy was some nutso running around like an idiot with guns. This was a well planned out attack. So no, applying logic to his actions isn't really that big a stretch. Applying logic for his reasoning is another story.

Probably testing the response system.

i dont think this was a nutso thing. I think he planned this out. I mean look at the way he went about it.

there are 2 shot, then a couple hours later, probably about as long as it would take a guy that JUST popped 2 people to make his way across a large campus, while staying hid, the other killings start.

that sounds to me like a diversion. pop those first 2 real quick (at an early time when probably there arent AS many out, then go over to a more busy section when its a little later and more people are up and about. He wanted to do damage and went about it pretty well.

juggs it was supposedly a more or less 10-15 minute walk. What do you think he was fucking mission impossible-ing it across campus ducking behind bushes and trees and rolling behind walls to avoid being seen?

more than likely...he wouldn't have had to do anything different. Just walk across the drill field like any other student and go to class. No one would think anything about it.

juggs it was supposedly a more or less 10-15 minute walk. What do you think he was fucking mission impossible-ing it across campus ducking behind bushes and trees and rolling behind walls to avoid being seen?
spopup.va.tech.campus.3-2.gif

that looks a little longer than 15 mins. And do you think a guy that just popped 2 people on a large campus is just going to stroll across the quad afterwards? Half the campus just got woke up by those shots.

actually it took him 2 hours because he decided to dig his way there

edit: the article where you probably got that picture from says that another student in the same dorm didn't hear the shots. I mean, they're gunshots, not fucking napalm. Yeah, i think a gunman who shot the only two people who knew who he was in a dorm room could get out of the building and walk across a campus normally minutes after the shooting. It's a hell of a lot smarter than sneaking around armed trying to avoid being seen.

oh yea...just so you guys know. The cell phone video is shot from mcbride and its not aimed at "Norris"...its aimed at Holden Hall. As you can see on the map juggs posted they are connected but the shooting was taking place on the complete opposite end.

It probably took him 2 hours because he's half of the campus saw him do it, the place is now crawling with cops, and he is walking around with 2 pistols in his pocket

spopup.va.tech.campus.3-2.gif

that looks a little longer than 15 mins. And do you think a guy that just popped 2 people on a large campus is just going to stroll across the quad afterwards? Half the campus just got woke up by those shots.

Looks like 15 mins if he's walking slowly. I'm sure that's exactly what he did. He just strolled across the field and blended in with every body else.

It probably took him 2 hours because he's half of the campus saw him do it, the place is now crawling with cops, and he is walking around with 2 pistols in his pocket

I know that you've made it readily apparent on over 2 dozen occasions now that you've never set foot on a college campus, but seriously what the fuck do you think a college campus looks like?

It's like you think a college is foucault's prison actualized

The first shooting happened at 7:15 AM.

The second shooting happened at 9:15 AM.

Link made this thread at 10:23 AM at which point it was a "shooting incident", referring to the first shooting.

Why did it take so long to get this information out?

no way thats 15 minutes. think of the scale here. The first building houses almost 900 people, look at the size of the building. He might run that in 15 minutes, bike it in 15 minutes, but i doubt you could walk that in 15, especially considering thats about wakeup time

no way thats 15 minutes. think of the scale here. The first building houses almost 900 people, look at the size of the building. He might run that in 15 minutes, bike it in 15 minutes, but i doubt you could walk that in 15, especially considering thats about wakeup time
:lol: There isn't even a scale on the map and you're making random assumptions.

That doesn't look like a long walk.

I know that you've made it readily apparent on over 2 dozen occasions now that you've never set foot on a college campus, but seriously what the fuck do you think a college campus looks like?

It's like you think a college is foucault's prison actualized

Its bigger than your community college ted.

I mean look at USF...thats damn near its own zip code....you're not walking from one end of usf to the other in 15 minutes

its not like two pistols + many mags could easily fit in a backpack

i imagine it was real tough to go through all the college campus police checkpoints with such hardware

juggs i go to school at tech. I lived in the curved dorm right next to AJ. Its completely possible to get from AJ to Norris in 10 minutes walking briskly. 15 minutes walking average.

edit: I made it from Cochrane (the curved buidling) to Shultz (not even shown on the map because its so far away--up and to the right from where the map ends) in less than 10 minutes when i was late for work--and i didn't run or anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back