This forum is fucked

there was a tw community movement awhile ago to disable blocking here so rayn could get some extra $$s to help with costs

but yeah i was wondering what's up with these amazon ads the last couple days

yeh i ditched that movement the minute i couldn't use and of shit on the top because the ads were blocking them.

And you know what, I'm going to address this stupid thermostat issue once and for all, because you're all fucking morons.

Taken directly from the Stant website, one of the biggest thermostat makers in the world.

Pay attention to the highlighted parts, dumbfucks.

People Smarter Than You said:
>>> ABC's of THERMOSTATS

The thermostat has two important jobs:

>> Accelerate engine warm-up: By blocking the circulation of coolant between the engine and radiator until the engine has reached its predetermined temperature

>>Regulate the engine's operating temperature: By opening and closing in response to specific changes in coolant temperature to keep the engine's temperature within the desired operating range

HOW A THERMOSTAT WORKS

>> When the engine is cold, the thermostats is normally closed; restricting flow to the radiator allowing the engine to “warm up”

>> As the engine warms, the increase in heat causes the wax to melt and expand, pushing against a piston inside a rubber boot

>> This forces the piston outward, opening the thermostat so coolant can start to circulate between the engine and radiator

>> As heat increases, the thermostat continues to open until engine cooling requirements are satisfied

>> If the temperature of the circulating coolant begins to drop, the wax element contracts; allowing spring tension to close the thermostat, which decreases coolant flow through the radiator

End of story.

Invar was stupid.

And still is.

And so are you.

Thermostats don't open and close all the time, they find a happy place between open and closed that cools the engine effectively for the heat it's producing. They are rather slow to react. Some cars use a solenoid operated heater control that's pulse width modulated (look it up) to feed the heater core but thermostats are strictly mechanical/ wax creatures. A pulse width modulated stepper motor would work for a thermostat, but really over complicated and unnecessary.

They don't open and close all the time, and I never said they did.

What I said is that they DON'T just open once and remain open from that point onward. They can (and do) cycle.

The ambient temperature, the starting/stopping of the vehicle, the size of the radiator, the constant speed of the vehicle, and even the ratio of coolant-to-water can cause it to cycle throughout its use.

I would drop kick your ass into orbit right after I falcon punch your spleen into hamburger

unknown.png

i changed the value to 145px and it looks fine.

What I said is that they DON'T just open once and remain open from that point onward. They can (and do) cycle.

The ambient temperature, the starting/stopping of the vehicle, the size of the radiator, the constant speed of the vehicle, and even the ratio of coolant-to-water can cause it to cycle throughout its use.

you said that they open and close thousands of times a day and you've been ridiculed for it for the past 10 years

You’re bad at explaining things

Back