Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an angry angry man.

Also the "don't give them any money they will listen to that more than the people in their actual beta program" is a stupid argument perpetuated by morons.

PS> They will listen to neither of us.

You're an angry angry man.

Also the "don't give them any money they will listen to that more than the people in their actual beta program" is a stupid argument perpetuated by morons.

It's interesting you still have this view after the alpha forum leak.... (which btw: wtf? why in gods name would permissions be set so loosely. letting all of your pay beta people see the alpha forums is just... yeah)

Remember project rise?
Videos & Audio - Rise Mod for Crysis - Mod DB

Even that alpha footage displayed a closer emulation of jump skiing than what I am seeing in TA. Is there something about the unreal engine that makes it difficult to emulate smooth jump and bounce when you ski? its odd how the TA skiing looks so much like the skiing in TV. You wonder if that's simply an unreal engine thing. Why would Hi-rez even remove jump in the first place?

im not sure which is right but i know this

if we all say the same thing about the game for months and focus on a few main things then we have the best chance of being listened to

if that happens (if!) and the entire community is ignored for a few months then its fuking lynching time and i will be banned from the interweb

It's interesting you still have this view after the alpha forum leak.... (which btw: wtf? why in gods name would permissions be set so loosely. letting all of your pay beta people see the alpha forums is just... yeah)

I completely agree with your NDA thread on the HIrez forums btw.
Anyone that doesn't think "preordering" means "buying" beta is dumb.

I'm still hoping that while I pay $30 to play for a few months before release that my impressions along with others will help shape the game.

If not,then it will still cost me less than T:V did to play for around 4 months.

So, allow me to attempt to piece together your 'logic'

exhibit a:
many alpha posts in this thread show a complete disregard for player feedback.

given that, you propose that

giving them $30 to play in their beta sooner will

Make them more likely to to listen to you ... because you paid them $30 to play?

So again, a complete disregard for feedback from testers they selected to give them feedback but your $30 dollars is going to make them listen to you?

Is that about right?

So lets go over this again, cause I'm a little slow.

Not giving a company money for a product and voicing your reasons why is not better than giving a company money for a product (that they are willing to give away for free) and then criticizing it?

interesting. i see you point.

moron.

if we all say the same thing about the game for months and focus on a few main things then we have the best chance of being listened to

if that happens (if!) and the entire community is ignored for a few months then its fuking lynching time and i will be banned from the interweb

How is this not what happened with the Alpha testers?

Rebel's being a dick about it, as per usual, but I tend to agree.

After reading those Alpha forums I have no idea why you would think they'd listen to you.

Like I said earlier, had I been privy to a fraction of those forums I wouldn't have pre-ordered. It makes me ill to think that I gave them a fucking cent.

its a decent point

but...how big was the alpha compared to beta?

its easier to ignore a smaller number...im not for a second saying they will listen but thats the logic of joining the beta. if there are thousands of people in beta vs hundreds in alpha any business SHOULD take the beta more seriously

again im not saying they will

Welcome young one to the curse of anticipating a great Tribes successor. A lot of us have been down this road two times already. Many of us were much younger with the first and we still love this game into adulthood. The producers never listen and make amends years later after the fact. I'm just amazed its being done all over again. This great franchise is just cursed.

So while I was playing this all I kept thinking was lets make a new tribes game and cut the jet pack power to 50%. Fucking awesome idea.

its a decent point

its easier to ignore a smaller number...im not for a second saying they will listen but thats the logic of joining the beta. if there are thousands of people in beta vs hundreds in alpha any business SHOULD take the beta more seriously

This is the opposite logic of most tests though. In most games, alpha feedback is among the most prized and acted on feedback. Because that's the phase where you get a small sized group of testers who can have a very good give and take with the developers and help fine tune stuff. Sort of like an extension of an in-house QA staff.

Blizzard for example, always valued its F&F alpha feedback very highly. Plus alpha is also the stage where design should be much more malleable compared to beta. If you have to make serious design changes in beta, you're pretty much fucked.

Just speaking on a general level in terms of alpha vs beta feedback/design changes....

its a decent point

thousands x $30 = they're not terribly concerned because they're making money.

you remove that thousands x $30 and you may wake them up from whatever drug induced fugue state they're in where logic and reason are foreign concepts.

dont fucking reward them for raping the tribes name.

We need a re-release of t1 and and t2 with better models and textures. Not a new release.

1.4 was like a re release of t1 (go with it), and now its the t1 staple.

They have listened to feedback, just not ALL of the feedback on the concerns we have.

There are still some main points I would like corrected, those points align with the general consensus of TW.

If they do not fix those things, and they are so game breaking(after I actually play the game) come March 2012 I will not touch the game again.

Until then I will pay $30 to play early, to voice my opinions on everything I can, to have fun playing a type of FPS that I have loved for 10+ years, to MA a few noobs, to Melee down some BF players, to join an empty server and ski around for 10 minutes just enoying the graphics.

In the mean time, you can go fuck yourself.

How is this not what happened with the Alpha testers?

It is exactly what happened with the alpha. They had dozens of posts where everyone in the thread agreed, and then they just completely ignored it and did the opposite.

We all said base turrets were stupid and not fun to play with/against, so they went and buffed them. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back