[Rogue] Poisons

Going from no poisons to the level 60 poisons, how much should I see my DPS jump?

Quite a huge jump.

If you go strictly by numbers, in a raid setting, my wound does 400 dmg per hit non-crit, 800-900 per crit.

The chance to apply it is 50%.

On average, it is probably close to 300 dps (pessi could probably calculate it better). And you still haven't started calculating your DP offhand poison.

The wound dps is based on your attack power so it will vary as well. During raids, I sport a shitty 2900 attack power, which pessi probably has like double of. :p

I'm not certain on the application now if there's a PPM rate attached to it either.

I used to calculate the weapon speed and shit into it. Now I just read EJ or AIM pessi.

Last edited:
Well, took the time out to actually calculate it based on 100 hits (with no misses) and my own attack power with no haste, and I'm looking at 101.54 DPS on Wound so I was way off on my initial guess. I'm too lazy to do DP and to calculate miss % into it along with haste stuff like SnD and BF. :p

Though since SnD is always up, calculating that into it wouldn't be that hard. Fuck it, I'll just keep asking pessi.

im sorry but instead of buying poisons for your MH you should be buying some friends and getting an Enh shammy for WF

:heart:

Feannag on the other hand thinks it's rocket science and cannot understand EJ.

Never said that, I just said it seemed silly and ironic a game professed to be so easy to play anyone could seems to require reading spreadsheets and plug numbers into applications when it comes to end-game.

Fean you don't need to min/max to that degree to be successful, some people just take the whole MMO thing to the state of perfection, treating their characters as fine automobiles and their dps reports as their 1/4 mile times.

Adren is just telling you to learn how to race, not become a champ.

Fean you don't need to min/max to that degree to be successful, some people just take the whole MMO thing to the state of perfection, treating their characters as fine automobiles and their dps reports as their 1/4 mile times.

Adren is just telling you to learn how to race, not become a champ.

Google shit all the time, and whatever doesn't come up on EJ forums (which only seems to contain 100+ page threads and no obvious sign the intial threads are edited) are usually as complex as that. I found maybe one site out of the whole messs dealing with Ret paladins alone that was more bare-bones, easy to read, and didn't require any of the over-technical shit. But my initial nonsense with that is specific to Stk and a couple of other in-game complications. Which is really a moot point now since LK is just around the corner and gear will be upgrading via quest/dungeon drops.

Ret paly is easy, go here http://cromfel.battlefield.fi/index.php click on the forums and start reading. I never found EJ to be that great, most of their discussions suck, best thing you get off there is the spread sheets. If you check the site often I am sure it is more useful, I have found it is better to find sites dedicated to your class and spec so you don't get stuff like on the official forums where every douche bag that raids in 25 mans thinks they can comment on every class/spec in the game, even when they have only leveled that class to 30.

Edit: changed the link in my first line to the ret paly site I used, this was the one I had posted. http://www.retpaladin.com/ before.

Last edited:
Well, took the time out to actually calculate it based on 100 hits (with no misses) and my own attack power with no haste, and I'm looking at 101.54 DPS on Wound so I was way off on my initial guess. I'm too lazy to do DP and to calculate miss % into it along with haste stuff like SnD and BF. :p

Though since SnD is always up, calculating that into it wouldn't be that hard. Fuck it, I'll just keep asking pessi.

Awesome. Thanks! What DPS should I be shooting for as a Rogue pre-70 and pre-Kara?

Pretty low. With the current build, I was doing 1500 dps in S2 gear, whereas T6 rogues are pulling 2500+ most fights, and T6 SWP rogues pulling near 3200 pessi?

So with the bump, you should be close to around 1000 dps with some pvp pieces, which is considerably higher than pre-3.02.

Also, kara is doable as long as you have a heroic/T4 tank. Everyone else can be in greens and blues, so you can pretty much treat it as a heroic instance now.

Pre-70 your dps doesn't matter. Really just worry about leveling.

It highly depends on the weapon you're using, which gets changed quite often, and your spec (muti/combat).

Pretty low. With the current build, I was doing 1500 dps in S2 gear, whereas T6 rogues are pulling 2500+ most fights, and T6 SWP rogues pulling near 3200 pessi?
3200 is pretty baseline for Sunwell gear. I've seen 4k with glaives as combat, and someone broke 4700 with glaives as Sub., heh.

As for what DPS OP should be doing, it doesn't matter. Expansion comes out Wednesday night. =p

So with the bump, you should be close to around 1000 dps with some pvp pieces, which is considerably higher than pre-3.02.

Also, kara is doable as long as you have a heroic/T4 tank. Everyone else can be in greens and blues, so you can pretty much treat it as a heroic instance now.

Pre-70 your dps doesn't matter. Really just worry about leveling.

It highly depends on the weapon you're using, which gets changed quite often, and your spec (muti/combat).

1500 dicks per second is pretty good.

Back