can we get a retouching thread in hear?

You're a liar and I can prove it.

Photoshop 2.0 was released in June 1991.

Your profile says you were born in 1982.

So unless you were a graphic designer at the age of 9, you're full of shit.

Did you mean CS2? That's cute, I've been using photoshop since PS6.
I actually first started learning photoshop on version 4 at the age of 13 or 14 (can't exactly remember). Then I got a job doing digital retouching and restoration for a professional photographer at the age of 16. Initially all he had was Photoshop 2 and it only displayed in black and white. Obviously that makes retouching damn difficult so it wasn't long before he got Photoshop 4. The only versions of Photoshop that I haven't used are 1 and 3 (although I have the floppies to install Photoshop 1).

I've been using Photoshop daily for almost 15 years now. When I started using Photoshop you only had 1 undo. Multiple undos didn't come around until Photoshop 5 and it was an absolute god send.

The reason people get annoyed with you is because you start threads like this to brag about your latest achievement (which is usually underwhelming at best) and talk shit to people that have equal or more experience than you do.

Rather than fighting with everyone about how good you think your shit is, why not listen to their criticisms and try to improve your ability?

Last edited:
The reason people get annoyed with you is because you start threads like this to brag about your latest achievement (which is usually underwhelming at best) and talk shit to people that have equal or more experience than you do.

Rather than fighting with everyone about how good you think your shit is, why not listen to their criticisms and try to improve your ability?

I started the exact same thread on 4chan. 4chan!

I saw 100+ versions of the photo I posted from all skill levels and everyone learned something including me.

TW has gone down the shitter since CRC's ayb thread. If CRC posted that now that flash movie would be 3 seconds long.

Since you're bragging about your experience - and not posting your portfolio - why should I listen to you? I don't give a fuck about your resume, show me what you can do. You hypocritical fuck.

This is my attempt at fixing her.
131cc672.jpg

Yours..whatever you did (I didn't read) made her shirt lose detail and blurred the feathery part on her shoulder. So I would go back and maybe select everything except her shirt so that doesn't happen?

Last edited:
This is my attempt at fixing her.

Yours..whatever you did (I didn't read) made her shirt lose detail and blurred the feathery part on her shoulder. So I could go back and maybe select everything except her shirt so that doesn't happen?

Finally someone does something constructive instead of just being spiteful.

Yours..whatever you did (I didn't read) made her shirt lose detail and blurred the feathery part on her shoulder.

I burned her shirt a little to increase contrast, but there should be no detail loss. (its' kind of like doing a simple localized levels, nothing more.) Is your monitor calibrated? It's really easy to lose that shadow detail on bad monitors.

BTW mal, few critiques of my own. You missed the stray hairs, there's some glare on her forehead and nose, and your color/skintone is off quite a bit (yellow.)

A lot of that could be fixed by just having your monitor corrected.

Last edited:
my biggest issue with triple's is he made her way too pale, even to the point her lips are barely distinguishable from her skin

bring back the saturation

Tribalwar has definitely gone down the shitter.
This is why I don't give a shit about this community, I flame and troll everyone.

Well fuck, Malibru just totally kicked triples ass, and now triple is crying and wondering if Malibru calibrated his monitor?

If I was paying a portrait photographer for these shots, I would happily hand over my money to Malibru, but I would tell triple to get fucked and tell the BBB that he scammed me (false advertising, he isn't a professional and his crap shots are proof).

Since you're bragging about your experience - and not posting your portfolio - why should I listen to you? I don't give a fuck about your resume, show me what you can do. You hypocritical fuck.
Well for starters, I don't do retouching professionally anymore. It was pretty simple and straightforward work with no room for creativity so I moved on. First to graphic design, then to web design.

I have no interest in posting my portfolio on Tribalwar or proving anything to you.

This is Tribalwar after all. You could sculpt Michelangelo's David and still get ripped on.

Edit: and Mali just won the thread. A+ retouching job.

I started the exact same thread on 4chan. 4chan!

I saw 100+ versions of the photo I posted from all skill levels and everyone learned something including me.

TW has gone down the shitter since CRC's ayb thread. If CRC posted that now that flash movie would be 3 seconds long.

Stay on 4chan, then. I don't get why you post here after "leaving" multiple times and getting flamed constantly...
I personally think what you did is good enough to pass (depending on the situation), but you arguing about it over and over is just... Stay on 4chan.

Mal you also left the spot in the crease of her nose which is sorta yukky.

To those saying he kicked Triples ass, it all depends on your percieved use of the photo. If it was for a home portrait then mals is more realistic and would probably win more acceptance, however there is no way a shot like that would be in any magazine. Maybe as a before shot for cosmetics.

Last edited:
Back