Scripts for Tribes 1.40

What are you trying to do, my friend? Tell me exactly what you want, and maybe I'll take some time to help you. It depends on my feelings at the exact moment I read your response though, so good luck!

i want to make it work with 1.40 :lol: As far as I can see, the scripting is the same between this one and the one inside 1.40's modules.... So, i dont understand why it wont exactly load or something. If you try to replace this one with the one 1.40 has, you wont be able to chat -.- probably is some line or something that is fucking up the stuff. idk.

You need to remove the oddball characters:

Code:
addPlayTeamChat("6Sigh", "[color=red]«[/color]sigh[color=red]»[/color]", dsgst5);

addPlayChat("vCome Get Some", "Mi l[color=red]á[/color]piz es un enchilada grande y grasiento.", taunt4);

Code:
// Flag Drop Sounds

$Flag::DropSound[enemyflag]		="shieldhit";
$Flag::DropSound[friendlyflag]		="mine_act";

function Flag::DropSounds( %team, %cl ) {
	return ( %team == Client::GetTeam( getManagerId() ) ) ? ( localSound( $Flag::DropSound[friendlyflag] ) ) : ( localSound( $Flag::DropSound[enemyflag] ) );
}

Event::Attach(eventFlagDrop, Flag::DropSounds);

Last edited:
Code:
// Flag Drop Sounds

return ( %team == Client::GetTeam( getManagerId() ) ) ? ( localSound( $Flag::DropSound[friendlyflag] ) ) : ( localSound( $Flag::DropSound[enemyflag] ) );
}

beautiful

For those wondering, only OGG sounds will work. Any of your old WAVs will need to be converted. Place custom ones in your Tribes\base or Tribes\base\voices folders. Or use current sounds from Tribes like Lemon did above (pulled from Tribes\base\sound.zip).

Edit: Yep, easy convert. For those wanting to simply get KillSound instead of the KillPop in 1.4 just comment out the remoteBP lines ( // in front of the line) and put in: localSound(mysoundname);

Again, the file must be OGG. WAV will not work. Here was the first program I found to convert my files quickly. http://www.litexmedia.com/wma_workshop/

Last edited:
NoFix, please make a patcherGui type for 1.4 :cool:

And also, if possible, the forcing of GUI elements to top/below like I had messaged you about. :cool:

One more :cool: to make this post cool.

The script for front/back hud placement is working. I need to debug it a bit before I post it though.

As far as PatcherGUI goes, I'm not even sure what that is. The green-line bracket removal is simple, but I'd need to 1. release a runtime patch, or 2. release a patcher. I can't re-release the executable for obvious reasons. I dunno, maybe someoen else will release something.

Yeah, it was Evita's patcher for just removing green brackets from HUDs.

He also had an offset in there to making the chatHUD transparent. You can do the trans chat in Tribes without that hack, but it would only work if your chatHUD is 3 lines big (and your voice menu would be invisible). Which is very limiting of course. (command screen chat)

You can just do an exe patcher like he did. That way you don't infringe on anything. :cool:

can we please not abuse the ternary operator? ok, i lied, i don't really care, but that is not beautiful.

first time I've ever used it anywhere
it's new to me ;)

winamp with ogg vorbis plugin will convert

I removed green lines on chathud in play.gui.cs

makes it sticky though

edit:

current look

attachment.php

Last edited:
Did you really just attach a 4.5 MB ss? It really is 1999 again! :p

Yeah. If we can get the green brackets patched out of HUDs + transchat that would be ultimate. Then you can do it all. Provided we also get that top/bottom ordering of HUDs script from NoFix as well.

Code:
// Flag Drop Sounds

}

if I wanted to replace the sounds with custom, non-tribes sounds (the ones from t2 specifically) is that possible? where would i put the sound files?

Did you really just attach a 4.5 MB ss? It really is 1999 again! :p

Yeah. If we can get the green brackets patched out of HUDs + transchat that would be ultimate. Then you can do it all. Provided we also get that top/bottom ordering of HUDs script from NoFix as well.

fine I fixed it ;)

if I wanted to replace the sounds with custom, non-tribes sounds (the ones from t2 specifically) is that possible? where would i put the sound files?

convert them to ogg
put them in voices folder in base
change drop sound variables to your names or change your names to the ones in code

For those wondering, only OGG sounds will work. Any of your old WAVs will need to be converted. Place custom ones in your Tribes\base or Tribes\base\voices folders. Or use current sounds from Tribes like Lemon did above (pulled from Tribes\base\sound.zip).

Back