My Friend died yesterday from alcohol poisening

Bosh Orator, I'm sorry for the lost of your friend. I'm also sorry you have to read some of these posts.
For those of you who don't seem to have any compassion, you have no way to know how this one person would react to death. people act in different ways in different situations and your first thought is that this person is lying. Think about it before you post!

orbital123 said:
I never said it was the cause, im not a doctor, I was partially wrong so sue me. Liver damage does occur from alcohol though and can kill you.

didnt mean to sound bitchy its coo....
:)

orbital123 said:
Ya actually I am. Get it out of your system is the best thing you can do. If you throw it up, then it is that much less alcohol to kill you. Why do you think they pump your stomach when you ingest to much of a harmful substance?

I'll keep that in mind. I thought that the stomach acids in my throat and mouth would be worse for me... but it sounds like I should start ralfing more..

[SHiN]AkumA said:
I was sick with a really bad cold on friday, and I still felt pretty shitty on saturday, but there were hella parties going on (prom) and I didnt want to stay home. I was on all these antibiotics, so I didnt feel too bad. So I went to like 3-4 parties last night, drank about a case give or take... anywho, I woke up early this morning and I had the WORST fucking headache in the world. I ate like 3 advils and tried to go back to bed... but the headache lasted like 5 hours. Even now if I talk to loud or cough it still hurts... I dont even remember what my point to this was. :3eyes:

vgz

alcohol pharmacokinetically interacts with several (actually most o them probly) antibiotics. it isnt so much a dangerous interaction, but it can interfere with the antibiotic's ability to kill the infection. its an enzyme inducer in the liver. the liver metabolizes most antibiotics to a pretty major extent, and etOH can induce the liver to chew up the antibiotics to the degree that they cant maintain the MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration) in your bloodstream to really help your body fight the infection.

Then again, is it really even possible to get "alcohol poisoning" from beer? I dont drink hard stuff too often.... but I do drink a LOT of beer very often. Usually about a case a night... only on the weekends during school, but when summer comes, it turns into an everyday for a month type of thing. Its impossible to take a day off when there are so many tight parties...

[SHiN]AkumA said:
I'll keep that in mind. I thought that the stomach acids in my throat and mouth would be worse for me... but it sounds like I should start ralfing more..

Nolt: np man

AkumA, that is a bit extreme don't you think? I was refering to cases where there was an extreme amount of alcohol ingested by a person. you don't just make yourself puke everytime you drink.

nolt said:
alcohol pharmacokinetically interacts with several (actually most o them probly) antibiotics. it isnt so much a dangerous interaction, but it can interfere with the antibiotic's ability to kill the infection. its an enzyme inducer in the liver. the liver metabolizes most antibiotics to a pretty major extent, and etOH can induce the liver to chew up the antibiotics to the degree that they cant maintain the MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration) in your bloodstream to really help your body fight the infection.

That may be true... but I only woke up with a headache. My cold is completely gone, and I just got it on friday. My friends and I always say "drink your cold away.." usually followed by "pussy" or something else witty like that..

orbital123 said:
Nolt: np man

AkumA, that is a bit extreme don't you think? I was refering to cases where there was an extreme amount of alcohol ingested by a person. you don't just make yourself puke everytime you drink.

Everytime I drink tho... I dont stop until I either:
1. Run out of beer (then I get angry)
2. Fall asleep/pass out
3. completely black out

So when would be the appropriate time to make my self hurl?
Probably when I feel like I am gonna hurl right? The only problem with that is I never feel like im gonna hurl. My body and beer are symbiotic as a motherfucker.

nolt said:
then you probly didnt need the antibiotics in the first place. the common cold is a virus. :)

Tell that to my doctor... and my dad, he paid for those expensive ass pills.
Are you sure about that?

"CRC you have to realize that a majority of people saying this crap are 14 or 11 year old little shits, with no morals due to bad parenting. If they are older than that, then they are seriously messed up in the head and need to find some empathy in their lives. "

Ah yes, the bad parenting leads to rude people idea. Maybe so, but i feel my parenting was better than bosh orators.

"it just soo happend that my really good friend was dared a contest to see if he could drink a certain amount , and well he took the dare like an idiot... and started at it.. I lost count how many he drank but drank alot"

I may not have enough morals to be polite and sympathetic, however i have enough morals to tell my friends enough is enough, i have enough morals not to let my friends take supid dares and to make them stop drinking before something like that happens. I should be sorry for this fuck, he didnt just watch his friend die, he practically let his friend die. All he had to do was step in and punch the kid and take him home, apparently he was having to much fun watching the kid drink himself to death. Id rather have a rude kid watching my back then some fuck like him. If your gonna prosecute the kids for peer pressure you might as well throw that fuck in with them, he didnt exactly help out in anyway. I may be rude and uncaring but my friends are alive and i intend to keep it that way. Friends dont LET friends drink and die.

Guymelef said:
"CRC you have to realize that a majority of people saying this crap are 14 or 11 year old little shits, with no morals due to bad parenting. If they are older than that, then they are seriously messed up in the head and need to find some empathy in their lives. "

Ah yes, the bad parenting leads to rude people idea. Maybe so, but i feel my parenting was better than bosh orators.

"it just soo happend that my really good friend was dared a contest to see if he could drink a certain amount , and well he took the dare like an idiot... and started at it.. I lost count how many he drank but drank alot"

I may not have enough morals to be polite and sympathetic, however i have enough morals to tell my friends enough is enough, i have enough morals not to let my friends take supid dares and to make them stop drinking before something like that happens. I should be sorry for this fuck, he didnt just watch his friend die, he practically let his friend die. All he had to do was step in and punch the kid and take him home, apparently he was having to much fun watching the kid drink himself to death. Id rather have a rude kid watching my back then some fuck like him. If your gonna prosecute the kids for peer pressure you might as well throw that fuck in with them, he didnt exactly help out in anyway. I may be rude and uncaring but my friends are alive and i intend to keep it that way. Friends dont LET friends drink and die.

I bet you were popular as fuck in HS.

[SHiN]AkumA said:
Everytime I drink tho... I dont stop until I either:
1. Run out of beer (then I get angry)
2. Fall asleep/pass out
3. completely black out

So when would be the appropriate time to make my self hurl?
Probably when I feel like I am gonna hurl right? The only problem with that is I never feel like im gonna hurl. My body and beer are symbiotic as a motherfucker.

Maybe you need to change the way you live your life, partying like that is not a good thing, you seem to be exactly like the guy who died, I would stop drinking so much that you pass out, or someday you might not wake up.

lol there is no telling man. alot of MDs will go ahead a write a script for people because patients tend to get upset that the MD "didnt do anything" even if they arent sure about the cause of the infection.

if he did a culture and sensitivity and all that shit then id assume he found something worth treating.

dont get me wrong im not saying alcohol stops antibiotics dead in their tracks, it just kinda makes it harder on them to do their job.

the bottom line is that your body is the one eradicating ther infection, the antibiotic just helps turn the tide.

noones calling you a liar im just letting you know for furture reference.... ill shut up now who got me started anyways? =D

orbital123 said:
Maybe you need to change the way you live your life, partying like that is not a good thing, you seem to be exactly like the guy who died, I would stop drinking so much that you pass out, or someday you might not wake up.

I totally understand what youre saying, and I can even see it, but the only thing that keeps my doing this is that there are ALOT of other people like me, or worse and they can live. I am having alot of fun, and I wont be able to do this forever. brightest flame burns quickest i guess?

nolt said:
lol there is no telling man. alot of MDs will go ahead a write a script for people because patients tend to get upset that the MD "didnt do anything" even if they arent sure about the cause of the infection.

if he did a culture and sensitivity and all that shit then id assume he found something worth treating.

dont get me wrong im not saying alcohol stops antibiotics dead in their tracks, it just kinda makes it harder on them to do their job.

the bottom line is that your body is the one eradicating ther infection, the antibiotic just helps turn the tide.

noones calling you a liar im just letting you know for furture reference.... ill shut up now who got me started anyways? =D

I actually didnt even go to the doctor. I had classes on friday, and my dad phone the doctor my symptoms and then picked up the medicine on his lunch break.

While I have my friendly TW doctors online (and before I go to bed)....
Any of you guys know what this is? I coughed up something today... normally I just hock up phlegm all the time (I smoke) But today when it got in my mouth there were a whole bunch of semi-solid chunks and it like filled half my mouth. I spit into a towel, and there were pieces of red/pinkish stuff in it. It wasnt blood because they were actual pieces. Is that like part of my lungs or something??
And before anyone says it, I am already quitting smoking next week when I graduate college....

thnx. :smoker:

Back