[LOTS of Pictures] My five week backpacking trip through Europe - LONG! by CxD - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [LOTS of Pictures] My five week backpacking trip through Europe - LONG!
Page 4 of 8
euph
VeteranXX
Old
61 - 07-31-2006, 15:13
I cannot explain how much I would love to do that. I've got way too many responsibilities here in the states keeping me from up and leaving for a few months, if I could I would.

I did something very similar in South East Asia about 10 yrs ago, spend 3 months there, hit 7 or 8 countries, smoked lots of hash and tripped out on allot of fun times. God I love to travel.

Sponsored Links
spamtheman
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 07-31-2006, 15:18
How much did you spend total?

Pavi
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
63 - 07-31-2006, 15:24
If you were in Greece you should've jumped over to Israel (2 hr flight). Sure you can die, but Tel Aviv has an awesome nightlife. On top of that you can see all the touristy **** like Jerusalem and tell everyone you now love Jesus because you met the people who killed him.

tim
VeteranX
Old
64 - 07-31-2006, 15:41
Thread delivers

Everything looks great.

CxD
VeteranXX
Old
65 - 07-31-2006, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamtheman
How much did you spend total?
$4,400 each total

Included
  • Eurail
  • 35 nights in hostels
  • 20-25 nights of drinking
  • 35 days worth of food
  • Round trip plane tickets (Richmond to Zurich)
  • Two, one way tickets each
  • Museum money, etc
  • Souvenirs, some drugs

Federere
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 07-31-2006, 15:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptavv
Those shots are awesome. Last time I was in Kitz was for the Hahnenkamm, it was awesome.

I miss the Austrian Alps
argg it was kickass. Wish I could've gone to Innsbruck though . ****ing too much snow on the routes so we couldn't get there.

tribalwararrarar

ptavv
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 07-31-2006, 15:58
I'm pretty sure I post this in every thread, and no one listens, but Interrail passes are far far better than Eurail passes. You just have to find a travel agency willing to overlook the whole, "European resident for >= 6 months" stipulation (which is not hard at all).

www.interrailnet.com

Hansel
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 07-31-2006, 16:15
I just visited Barcelona few months back, there is so much to see, and it really is the best city in Europe. Im also lucky because my aunt and two cousins live there, so I was able to live at their place close to the center, and they were great guides too.

The whole city went ape**** when FC Barcelona won the Champions League.

Great pics.

Edit: Damn you, I need to go back there like now, so long student loan.

Last edited by Hansel; 07-31-2006 at 16:27..
m00g00
VeteranX
Old
69 - 07-31-2006, 16:15
good thread. nice trip.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
70 - 07-31-2006, 16:17
Good pics, looked like a great trip.

Wufei
VeteranXX
Old
71 - 07-31-2006, 16:23
god damn that is so sweet.

i wanna go see gaudi's work

Razer
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
72 - 07-31-2006, 16:33
The thought crossed my mind to make a thread like this with my Euro trip pics, but I didn't think anyone would be interested. Guess I was mistaken.

Ares
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 07-31-2006, 16:41
Cool pics, I just remembered I didn't post my pics from Rome this summer

o well

Dai Shinzo
VeteranXV
Old
74 - 07-31-2006, 17:07
Looks like you had a good time =]

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 07-31-2006, 17:17
Nice pictures buddy. Overall, how much did the trip cost you?

Nevermind, I see that you answered that already.

Last edited by Archimedes; 07-31-2006 at 17:21..
Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
76 - 07-31-2006, 17:43
****ing awesome CxD. First thing I thought when I read the thread title was "this ****er better have gone to Barcelona"... good thing you did :]

I agree, it's the best city in the world. Many of my friends who have been there think the same.

Looks like an amazing trip, well done man.

Monkey_b
VeteranX
Old
77 - 07-31-2006, 17:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansel
The whole city went ape**** when FC Barcelona won the Champions League.
You were there when Bar***231;a won the champions league? You lucky SOB!!#!@ I was at a mother****ing gay ass restaurant in Pasadena, CA, and me and my friend were the only ones celebrating. I so wanted to be there.

I used to live a couple blocks from the Camp Nou, god I wish I still lived there. Soon I will go back, forever.

reZolut
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 07-31-2006, 17:47
wow the pictures from italy sure bring me back. how much on average did a night ina hostel cost you? and did you already have your return flight booked or did you just decide to get it when you started getting low on cash or how did that work?

i am seriouslly thinking of taking a student loan next summer and doing this - and this thread has just made me want it more.

what did you do with your bags durring the day? left them at the hostel or carried them around? what size pack did you take? have any pictures of it? if you were to make one major suggestion to someone who wants to do the same thing...what would it be?

link_
Old
79 - 07-31-2006, 17:51
I may try to spend a semester abroad in Switzerland. Tech owns a small castle or something there.

Either way, I plan on going to Europe next summer.

CxD
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 07-31-2006, 18:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by reZolut
wow the pictures from italy sure bring me back. how much on average did a night ina hostel cost you? and did you already have your return flight booked or did you just decide to get it when you started getting low on cash or how did that work?
Hostels during high season ranged from 18 - 25 euro a night. 25 is on the really high end for hostels. We stayed in a range of different sized rooms, ranging from 4 beds up to 22 . We stayed at mostly 'famous' and 'well known' hostels in the backpacking world so we overpaid but the environment, safety, cleanliness of them paid off. We booked our return flights in advance because my brother had a job commitment and it was just cheaper to commit.

Quote:
what did you do with your bags during the day? left them at the hostel or carried them around? what size pack did you take? have any pictures of it? if you were to make one major suggestion to someone who wants to do the same thing...what would it be?
I had a pack that had a detachable day pack. I took that with me that had like my guide book, some water, first aid, etc. I left my passport credit cards either in the reception safe or in the room. Almost 75% of the hostels had safes or lockers built into the rooms so we'd usually leave them in there. You HAVE to guard your passport, credit card, money, ID with your life. Always have it locked in a safe or with reception. I heard to many stories about embassies and passports. The only real crime in European tourist cities is pickpocketing so we never brought out a lot of money and never even brought our passports or credit cards

The pack I traveled with was a Eagle Creek Transcontinental Journey. Its a BIG bag, too big for me. It was 5200 cu. in (85 liters). I'm an extremely light packer and from the pictures you can probably see that I wore just about 3 T shirts and 3 polo's the entire time. I wore one pair of shorts. My biggest tip would be don't over pack. When I was in Switzerland at my aunts, I sent home probably half my pack because it's not fun caring 35 pounds around strange, new cities.

You can see the pack under the table here.

The full pack - minus the day pack

Full pack and day pack

You don't need to worry about your full pack. It should only have dirty clothes in it. No one stole anything from me and didn't hear about peoples clothes getting stole. We had a bike chain + lock that we'd tie through our bag handle and attach it to the bed post or something. It was overkill but we never lost anything.

Page 4 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [LOTS of Pictures] My five week backpacking trip through Europe - LONG!

Social Website Bullshit