heat-stroke in the shower? by A51|iNjEcTiOn - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page heat-stroke in the shower?
Page 2 of 8
A51|iNjEcTiOn
Banned
Old
21 - 08-19-2003, 18:06
you ppl denying the facts are ****n retarded, tnx for the good laffs.

ONO INJECTION IS SO STPUID CUZ HE SAIDA SOMETHING THAT I DONT KNOW **** ABOUT SO HES OBVIOUSL WONRG. FU INJECION!

lol get in touch w/ reality, morons.

Sponsored Links
PopCorn
VeteranX
Old
22 - 08-19-2003, 18:21
This place is full of flamers. But you'll just have to overlook me er, them.

Vanguard
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 08-19-2003, 18:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCorn
This place is full of idiots. But you'll just have to overlook Injection.

Fixed

PopCorn
VeteranX
Old
24 - 08-19-2003, 18:25
lol

Realjones
VeteranX
Old
25 - 08-19-2003, 18:25
heatstroke is life threatening; it can happen when you have severe hyperthermia. usually someone suffering from heatstroke is really whacked out in their head and they have warm, dry skin.

I seriously doubt you had heatstroke, because if you did, you either be in the hospital, dead, or in a coma.

it wasn't heat exhaustion either because you weren't physically exerting yourself (well, maybe ) in the shower enough to cause substantial sweating and water loss.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 08-19-2003, 18:25

injection if you want to cool off drinking antifreeze will work wonders

Ordos
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 08-19-2003, 18:26
Injection is probably thinking if I take a 120 degree shower, then the 80 - 90 degree air won't feel as hot.

The problem is, the body does not get cooler, it still has a increase in temperature and thus NOT being cooled down, regardless if one may "feel" colder when done with said shower.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 08-19-2003, 18:31
it will sorta work.

when you get hot..workout..etc. You become flushed. When you become flushed your blood is coming up to the surface, under your skin. You get cooled of because your blood is closer to the surface, and the ambient air cools it down.

the hot shower thing doesnt work if you get out of the shower into a place thats still fricken 96-97 degrees though

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 08-19-2003, 18:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realjones
it wasn't heat exhaustion either because you weren't physically exerting yourself (well, maybe ) in the shower enough to cause substantial sweating and water loss.
you don't need to be exerting yourself for heat exhaustion. Heat exhaustion is a loose term (though still a medical condition) coupled with several symptoms of being under intense heat for too long. Sweating/water loss is just one of the symptoms associated with it, even if it is the most common one. Furthermore; it's very likely that he was sweating a lot and losing water if the shower was as hot as he says.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 08-19-2003, 18:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by A51|iNjEcTiOn

ONO INJECTION IS SO STPUID CUZ HE SAIDA SOMETHING THAT I DONT KNOW **** ABOUT SO HES OBVIOUSL WONRG. FU INJECION!

OK, let's check who's the moron here...

When hot water comes in contact with your skin, heat is absorbed into the blood stream. This causes your body to heat up as a whole (not just the surface).

This can be proven easily. On a hot day, find a drinking fountain and run cold water over the underside of your wrist for 20 seconds. You'll immediately notice a difference in your body temperature. The veins near the surface carry the change in temperature back to the heart. You're actually chilling the blood.

So let's add 2 plus 2 and get 4. If you're already hot from the ambient temperature outdoors, and you want to cool down, one might think you could just take a cool shower to accomplish this easily. A cold shower might be a little too extreme for the entire body, especially after being out in the scorching heat all day.

Instead, you're trying to claim that a HOT SHOWER will do exactly that. I've got news for you, dumbass. Rather than cool down, you're FURTHER heating your body. True, the immediate effect after getting OUT of the shower is probably GREAT RELIEF that you finally got your dumbass out of heat. But you certainly haven't accomplished anything near to cooling down.

Good job, assmunch.

Flyersfan
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 08-19-2003, 19:00
i have posted in this thread

MrGone
VeteranX
Old
32 - 08-19-2003, 19:00
I drink scotch in the winter to stay warm

Durak
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 08-19-2003, 19:02
I'm surprised injection hasn't killed himself already like one of those Darwin award idiots.

gofishgrrl.
VeteranX
Old
34 - 08-19-2003, 19:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi
I stroke in the shower all the time

Ludicrous Speed
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 08-19-2003, 19:14
I would think the evaporation of the water off your body would make you feel cooler than the hot to cold thing.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 08-19-2003, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed
I would think the evaporation of the water off your body would make you feel cooler than the hot to cold thing.
It would have an affect, sure. The cooling created by evaporation wouldn't be as great though.

SniperOmega
VeteranXX
Old
37 - 08-19-2003, 19:18
President data, plz stfu

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 08-19-2003, 19:18
I'll have to consult my Cabinet.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
39 - 08-19-2003, 19:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by A51|iNjEcTiOn

Denying facts? What you're doing is encouraging heatstroke. Heatstroke occurs when your core temperature is too high, and your body has no way of lowering it. Now, let's think about this logically.. your core temperature is probably already slightly elevated, and you think it's smart to take an excessively hot shower, which will raise it even further. Care to respond to that?

Take your time. I understand your foot is going to need to be removed from your mouth.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
40 - 08-19-2003, 19:20
Wait...

/me checks.

Didn't I just say that?

Page 2 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page heat-stroke in the shower?

Social Website Bullshit