[T1] The Link Thread

actually the only o-sniping rule that i ever remember was people NOT sniping the carrier at their base, because it forced them to turtle. pretty much everything else was fair game, including sniping while chasing.

apparently its ok for defense to whine so they can stand around and snipe

i don't think it should be hard to implement a simple line

if you are sniping past said line and your target is past the current o-sniping line, then you are o-sniping

if you are behind that line then anything is fair game

ok so apparently my last post was deleted (?) so if anyone has an active link to the stormhammer skin archive that was around several years ago, i would appreciate it. thanks.

actually the only o-sniping rule that i ever remember was people NOT sniping the carrier at their base, because it forced them to turtle. pretty much everything else was fair game, including sniping while chasing.

Indeed this is the only anti-o-sniping guideline I recall.

Should be able to snipe capper at least until he's taken a defensive posture at his base. I wouldn't mind if people took o-laser shots at me; you guys can't kill me anyway. :king:

Capper should be able to snipe. The capper has to pay a rather steep tactical price in giving up his position b/c of the laser (which is, of course, the way the game-designers most likely sought to provide a major drawback to laser rifle use in the absence of direction/distance oriented rules).

The conflict arises when you have arguments about here the line is drawn. Bugs Underscore drew the line midway between flags to prevent confusion and to simplify the OMG STOP OSNIPING OR BE KICKED scripting. I think it's a fine solution for a non-competitive server.

The conflict arises when you have arguments about here the line is drawn. Bugs Underscore drew the line midway between flags to prevent confusion and to simplify the OMG STOP OSNIPING OR BE KICKED scripting. I think it's a fine solution for a non-competitive server.

yes but o sniping should occur for the person with the rifle, not the person being sniped.

bugs banned me 2 days ago for joining with his name while he was in the server

Others have smurfed as me and I've let them be even though they taint my stats with
better play.

No worsty, you were turning the server into your personal soapbox, were monopolizing
the chat window with tales of your greatness, were not actually playing tribes, and were
starting to escalate. Don't disrupt our games please. If you want to pontificate on your
greatness please use IRC or the forums. If you want to inform me of the things I haven't
yet fixed - again IRC or the forums. I took the ban off because I do want you to be able
to play Tribes.

where can i get some different reticles? i reinstalled and my reticle is about the size of the tip of a pen can barely see the damn thing

i think u can do it with paint, make an exact square bmp with pixels of odd numbers and use black as the transparent bg colour

Others have smurfed as me and I've let them be even though they taint my stats with
better play.

No worsty, you were turning the server into your personal soapbox, were monopolizing
the chat window with tales of your greatness, were not actually playing tribes, and were
starting to escalate. Don't disrupt our games please. If you want to pontificate on your
greatness please use IRC or the forums. If you want to inform me of the things I haven't
yet fixed - again IRC or the forums. I took the ban off because I do want you to be able
to play Tribes.

Actually I was having a conversation with you and YaP, and you were quite involved in it until I connected on your name... at which point you banned me. But cool.

bugs, have you had any problems with the dosfix plugin?

None at all it has worked so well. The only crash I know of is with Xtremeski2
map - and so far nobody has come forward to say how they are doing it. I suspect
some trick with the elevator. For the time being we've removed Xtremeski2 from
the server.

We do have a hang that occurs infrequently. Something is going into an infinite loop.
I am still chasing things that might be causing this but I don't think the dosfix plugin
is responsible - I have also made a lot of software changes too that I need to look at
more closely now that vacation is here.

It has been well worth putting on the servers.

T2 reticle?

Ive searched and searched but I cant find any kind of reticle [red dot or old t1]. Any one know where I can find this? Thanks in advance!

Back