So I'm an addon scrub

Tekno

Veteran XX
I've basically just used DBM, bagnon and recount the past few years. any suggestions for a decent buff timer? mainly for my rogues snd and various crap on alts

I also want to have a minimal gui....too much shit on my screen that I don't need imo. any suggestions?

Here are the the minimalistic compliations over at wowinterface.com:

WoWInterface Downloads : Minimalistic Compilations

This seems to be the favorite right now (most downloads), called "Tukui":

pvw33636.jpg

Browse through them, pick whatever suits your play style or whatever - each page has a list of detailed instructions on how to extract and get it displayed as intended. Good look.

I am thinking of trying one of those minimalistic sets, I have the 7 days of free play time to use up, I will probably use up most of that tweaking my UI.

Here are the the minimalistic compliations over at wowinterface.com:

WoWInterface Downloads : Minimalistic Compilations

This seems to be the favorite right now (most downloads), called "Tukui":

pvw33636.jpg

Browse through them, pick whatever suits your play style or whatever - each page has a list of detailed instructions on how to extract and get it displayed as intended. Good look.

This addon fucked up my UI. I didn't like it for PvP so I disabled it and it shrunk my ACUI all-in-one bag mod to a size that I can't even tell what the #'s say on the items in my bags.

I have no idea why it would shrink my UI after i've disabled all the addons.

And that is why most UI compositions instruct you to backup your old WTF folders and such so you can always revert to the prior settings.
the_more_you_know2.jpg

When we raided TBC, I believe DR had 3 raid frames that told him different things about what people were doing. His whole sides of screen were lined up with player names/health bars. It was pretty insane.

I figure I could go with a minimalistic UI because I doubt I know anybody on the server I am on now, so even if I get in a raid I don't give a shit what happens to any of those people.

When I am in a guild I want to know that everyone in the raid has buffs from all the palys, I want to know who is offline and who is out of range of the group, I need to see the damage I am taking to understand if I am taking too much damage, and know that I am doing the most damage I can. I need to know when and which boss abilities are incoming. On top of all that I need a UI that allows me to toss a heal, or put hand of protection, hand of freedom, hand of salvation on anybody in the raid within a second and also cleanse any debuffs, it needs to be fast so I can do all that while keeping up my rotation as ret or prot. Most paly UIs look cluttered because of being a hybrid and having very beneficial buffs.

heh I always tried to do everything a paly can do, it is what kept it interesting for me but also made my UI a nightmare, if I had a wide screen monitor I could make a much better UI, but I always knew that my UI looked like shit but I did use everything that was on the screen.

Back