[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread v2

I drove in England, and can't recall the law, so help me out.

In Holland, the motor ENTERING the roundabout has right-of-way, and motors already on it must yield. There is some buzzing in my head saying in England it's different, but can't recall it.

Yep, spot on, it's the exact opposite in UK, traffic already on the roundabout has right of way.

Yeah, that's intuitive, but maths say that traffic moves better doing it the Dutch way. Not trying to pick a fight, just saying.

Interesting. As you say that seems counter-intuitive. But also one of those things that once you've set a rule it's close to impossible to change it without causing chaos.

What about a lesson in physical restraint and anger management? Or maybe a self defense class for the females? Or a civics lesson on why we pay taxes?

Interesting. As you say that seems counter-intuitive. But also one of those things that once you've set a rule it's close to impossible to change it without causing chaos.

That's what they said in Manhattan after the no left turn rule.

Traffic circles (and this is one contribution Americans have made to language that makes sense) work better than lights.

That's what they said in Manhattan after the no left turn rule.

Traffic circles (and this is one contribution Americans have made to language that makes sense) work better than lights.

ONLY if the fucking idiots driving on the roads know and understand the concepts of how to approach, drive, and exit a roundabout. Having people treat yield signs as stop signs makes me want to launch an RPG at them.

So, yes, in theory, roundabouts are awesome. In practice they are maddening exercises in restraint. Restraint from killing your fellow man.

As much as I want to post a Yes video and be funny, I think the opportunity to teach has presented itself.

Roundabout benefits | WSDOT).

It's funny you link a WSDOT safety report on roundabouts.

I live in a small military town of less than 15 thousand people, and the town has gone traffic circle crazy. They get funding from WSDOT if they build traffic circles. So, they have built, and are planning to build traffic circles all over the place. Residential areas, commercial streets, etc. When I first moved here twenty years ago, there was one small single lane T intersection roundabout. Now, within the last five years they have built three more, and have at least four more planned. Also within that time, they added one single traffic light, just recently. The population had risen about 3,000 in the past 20 years.

If it wasn't for the state funding, they wouldn't have gone traffic circle crazy.

And people here still don't know how to drive in them.

To make things worse, they also refuse to follow the zipper merge rules either.

Admittedly, they are mostly transplants from california, who get their drivers licenses from cracker jack boxes.

It's funny you link a WSDOT safety report on roundabouts.

I live in a small military town of less than 15 thousand people, and the town has gone traffic circle crazy. They get funding from WSDOT if they build traffic circles. So, they have built, and are planning to build traffic circles all over the place. Residential areas, commercial streets, etc. When I first moved here twenty years ago, there was one small single lane T intersection roundabout. Now, within the last five years they have built three more, and have at least four more planned. Also within that time, they added one single traffic light, just recently. The population had risen about 3,000 in the past 20 years.

If it wasn't for the state funding, they wouldn't have gone traffic circle crazy.

And people here still don't know how to drive in them.

To make things worse, they also refuse to follow the zipper merge rules either.

Admittedly, they are mostly transplants from california, who get their drivers licenses from cracker jack boxes.

so you're upset

so you're upset

Yeah, happens when I see millions of tax payer dollars spent on a solution looking for a problem. But of course, as a wife beating alcoholic, I could see where you might not grasp simple concepts through a drunken haze.

bzzzzzzzz

lTEx4ww.jpg

Back