Hot Sauce Thread

20180921_221348.jpg

1.625 gallons of wytrash s00preme s0ss from a gud lil fuccboi numale l0s3r
lma0 wtf smdh lol :jester:

is it safe to can hot sauce? i haven't been able to wrap my head around what can/ or should not be canned b/c botulism recipes
there are tomatoes in your recipe, which i thought were bad for canning

Acidic pH takes care of the botulism issue, adding citric acid powder, citrus fruit, and/or vinegar will make it inhospitable for botulism to grow. I added a bunch of lime juice and a cup of vinegar in addition to 3 naval oranges.

WAT?

Aren't they about the most canned thing ever?

except for heat

i may have misspoken, but i thought there was something about oil in the rinds that can get sour. i have canned green tomato slices in a pickling vinegar mix which have been fine, but the threat does make me concerned :/

you could be right, you don't generally see skin left on in canned tomatoes. I always thought that's b/c you just get nasty stringy hard bits in your sauce.

After much testing, deliberation, and masturbating.. I have declared my favorite hot sauce out of my 75+ collection.

Sonofzombie-hotsauce_1024x1024.jpg

Ingredients: honey, apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, water, garlic, ghost pepper, habanero, distilled white vinegar, brown sugar, canola oil, lemon juice, molasses, mandarin orange, diced tomato, carrots, mustard powder, turmeric, garlic powder, onions, salt, crushed red pepper, white sugar, chili powder, oregano, black pepper

This sauce has an excellent blend of sweet, not TOO sweet though, and spicy. I've gone through hundreds of bottles in the last few months and had to bump this thread to shoutout this one. Definitely recommended.

https://heatonist.com/products/torchbearer-son-of-zombie?variant=12102226837620

tell me about this soss
remember, i currently enjoy cholulaualau lime only
can i eat this and not want to die

so you're saying you're at the very least going through more than 2 bottles per day in the last 3 months?

your poor butthole.

Slight exaggeration I guess, but still averaging way more than my butthole would prefer. Roughly half a bottle a day, but we're not talking huge bottles on most of these.

tell me about this soss
remember, i currently enjoy cholulaualau lime only
can i eat this and not want to die

Yes, you can imo. It's not one of the dick measuring sauces. My scale of hotness is a lot different than most at this point, but I honestly don't find it that hot. The flavor is just fucking awesome. I had a co-worker try it, also likes some soss, and he made me take the bottle back because he was gonna finish the whole thing if I didn't.

Back