[pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection by hfingers - Page 36 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection
Page 36 of 41
silentsam
VeteranX
Old
701 - 06-13-2008, 10:10
**** dude that sucks large, just glad you're alive!

Sponsored Links
Gweedo
VeteranXV
Old
702 - 06-13-2008, 11:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by filsinger View Post
Yeah because we have free healthcare means we don't have medical professionals who know what they're doing.
Its amazing the people that will **** on free healthcare isn't it.

jonb
VeteranXX
Old
703 - 06-13-2008, 13:40
Shut up about free/not free healthcare, this isn't helping the issue that he's in right now.

hfingers
VeteranX
Old
704 - 06-13-2008, 19:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb View Post
Shut up about free/not free healthcare, this isn't helping the issue that he's in right now.

Werd!!!!

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
705 - 06-13-2008, 19:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by link_ View Post
o rly? You don't think malpractice law suits have any effect on the cost of medicine? Especially frivolous suits?
You think it's a frivolous law suit when they spent all the insurance money on trying to save the finger, now say it's not possible and needs to be cut off, and because of all the **** they did, his insurance doesn't cover it anymore?

Are you ****ing nuts? Oh wait, I forgot, this is TW. No common sense.

A frivolous law suit would be like someone taking all their medication at once and then suing because they got even more sick.

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
706 - 06-13-2008, 20:08
why do they have to cut your finger off

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
707 - 06-16-2008, 11:15
Probably because the nerve damage is so extensive, that it renders the finger unusable.

james
VeteranX
Old
708 - 06-16-2008, 11:35
Doctors could not know the degree of damage.

What if they just cut off his finger when there was the chance it could be salvaged?

Why bother giving a cancer patient chemo if they're just gonna die anyway?

link_
Old
709 - 06-16-2008, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mael View Post
You think it's a frivolous law suit when they spent all the insurance money on trying to save the finger, now say it's not possible and needs to be cut off, and because of all the **** they did, his insurance doesn't cover it anymore?

Are you ****ing nuts? Oh wait, I forgot, this is TW. No common sense.

A frivolous law suit would be like someone taking all their medication at once and then suing because they got even more sick.
You could misrepresent reality to try and prove a point.

Morbid
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
710 - 06-16-2008, 11:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
This is so depressing. I mean when construction companies **** up on something and are caught they usually have to pony up and re-do the job out-of-pocket without the client paying anything more. How is it doctors can get away with ****ing up and misdiagnosing something and still have the gaul to stick you with the bill for their mistake?
Hmmm...

I never thought of it that way.

PixieDee
VeteranXX
Old
711 - 06-16-2008, 12:01
Cut it off and call 911. They have to do it then.

link_
Old
712 - 06-16-2008, 12:02
Jesus christ you ******s arent entitled to anything. The doctors do the best with what they have. If it doesnt work out in your favor you don't have the right to sue them or demand they do something else for free.

The docs thought they could save the finger at the time. They can't fix it. You cant look back and say "well if you would have cut it off way back then I wouldn't have my current problem (or all of those bills)--im gonna SUE!!". It just doesn't ****ing work that way you greedy self-entitled assholes.

james
VeteranX
Old
713 - 06-16-2008, 12:05
link, does not matter. People think otherwise and that the doctor should have known and will sue.

The case would be dismissed. But not before a lot of money is spent in the court room, preparing a case, reviewing patient care documentation, interviewing and other lawyer type stuff.

This is one reason we desperately need tort reform in this country.

ScottTheWise13
VeteranXV
Old
714 - 06-16-2008, 12:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweedo View Post
Its amazing the people that will **** on free healthcare isn't it.
you don't have "free" healthcare.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
715 - 06-16-2008, 12:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
link, does not matter. People think otherwise and that the doctor should have known and will sue.

The case would be dismissed. But not before a lot of money is spent in the court room, preparing a case, reviewing patient care documentation, interviewing and other lawyer type stuff.

As much as my construction analogy does hold, you can't compare it as much as medical professionals have to be held to a higher standard simply on what they do. If any white-collar comes in a little hung over and he loses his concentration for a second what could happen? Misplaces decimal, a small botch on a photoshop project, ultimately things that could be fixed in a reasonable fashion.

Now if a surgeon did the same thing... Well he slips and he could do anything from cutting a nerve and lose all use of something to trauma to flat out having a patient die on the operating table. What happened with hfingers shouldn't have happened. A doctor should have a limit to how much antibiotic you need to pump into something that's not life-threatening (like a finger) before a simply logic kicks in and you should just amputate it. Or hell, he should have TOLD hfingers if he wanted to amputate it without antibiotics and say they may not have been a way to save it. Did his doctor even offer that or did he just go the whole antibiotic "We have to save the finger at all costs" route?

The real problem is hospitals and health care are not run by doctors anymore, they are run by businessmen. And you can't apply business principles to saving lifes and healing injuries. At that point, life is now a number and you can easily put a value in terms of dollars on it. Doctors need to run hospitals again and let the suits take a backseat or consultant position in how to manage.

And if you don't believe that, I go back to circumcision. It's unnecessary and yet hospitals will still try to get people to sign up to have it done, even to the point insurance will cover the COST of it. And why is that? Because the hospitals can sell the foreskins to cosmetics companies for money. Coercing people into unnecessary surgery simply to pad their pockets.

HypnosisFX
VeteranXX
Old
716 - 06-16-2008, 12:25
So is it by by finger or no?

link_
Old
717 - 06-16-2008, 12:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post

And what people don't realize is that this is one of hte main reasons medical care is so expensive here. Malpractice insurance is through the freaking roof.

link_
Old
718 - 06-16-2008, 12:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
As much as my construction analogy does hold, you can't compare it as much as medical professionals have to be held to a higher standard simply on what they do. If any white-collar comes in a little hung over and he loses his concentration for a second what could happen? Misplaces decimal, a small botch on a photoshop project, ultimately things that could be fixed in a reasonable fashion.

Now if a surgeon did the same thing... Well he slips and he could do anything from cutting a nerve and lose all use of something to trauma to flat out having a patient die on the operating table. What happened with hfingers shouldn't have happened. A doctor should have a limit to how much antibiotic you need to pump into something that's not life-threatening (like a finger) before a simply logic kicks in and you should just amputate it. Or hell, he should have TOLD hfingers if he wanted to amputate it without antibiotics and say they may not have been a way to save it. Did his doctor even offer that or did he just go the whole antibiotic "We have to save the finger at all costs" route?

The real problem is hospitals and health care are not run by doctors anymore, they are run by businessmen. And you can't apply business principles to saving lifes and healing injuries. At that point, life is now a number and you can easily put a value in terms of dollars on it. Doctors need to run hospitals again and let the suits take a backseat or consultant position in how to manage.

And if you don't believe that, I go back to circumcision. It's unnecessary and yet hospitals will still try to get people to sign up to have it done, even to the point insurance will cover the COST of it. And why is that? Because the hospitals can sell the foreskins to cosmetics companies for money. Coercing people into unnecessary surgery simply to pad their pockets.

I colorized the ignorance in your thread and I italicized the part where you REALLY have no idea what you are talking about. Also, I added tinfoil smilies where appropriate.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
719 - 06-16-2008, 12:32
If the doctor was smart.

1. Offered him the option to amputate versus antibiotics to save it.
2. If he opts for amputation, offer if he wants to move his fingers around and cite potential complications.

That way the doc would have covered his ass to deter malpractice lawsuits.

Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
720 - 06-16-2008, 22:44
You can not fault a doctor for trying the odds of saving the finger. Perhaps he felt it could be saved, maybe the odds were slim, but it was worth a shot. We're not talking about an Automobile Repair estimate, this is about a human being's health and wellness. Its just plain stupid and blind to be critical of a man who tried instead of simply reducing the equation to a cold bottom line of money.

Well, the option was there to maybe save your finger, but after consideration for the financial risk involved to our bottom line, we went with the more fiscally responsible decision of just cutting it off.

Doctors are not trained to reduce everything down to a cold hard fiscal equation... that's the job of an Insurance Company... that's why we hate Insurance Agents almost as much as Lawyers as a society. You should focus your indignation on the Insurance Company who decided to draw then line on the guys health on wellbeing because he hurts their bottom line.

Page 36 of 41

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [pics] gross pics of my spider bite/flesh-eating bacterial infection

Social Website Bullshit