key binds

sean78745

Veteran-5
just wondering what you guys set beacon/flag throw/suicide etc to on key binds, also do u weapon switch with mouse or not.

i use beacon (c), suicide (x), flag throw (r), short nade (f) long nade (g)

also maybe that will help some ppl be a little more efficient that have their binds set all crazy

default weapon numbers
B beacon
Left Alt suicide
Left shift full grenade
G short grenade
X flag toss
Mouse forward capper TV

I use weapon numbers to change weaps but I press 4 and q a shitload to switch between disc and nade quickly

Last edited:
Friend of mine gave me his config yrs ago which already had key binds. Since i knew nothing about tribes at the time i also knew nothing of wasd key binding. My key binds are a little weird compared to others, but it's the way i learned and the way my fingers lay on the keys is pretty comfy for me.

Movement:

D) Move forward
V) move back
B) right
C) left

Weapons:

S) disc
A) nade launcher
G) chain
Button 3) Plasma

Misc:

L Ctrl) Suicide
L Shift) Full nade throw
Caps Lock) Beacon
F) Throw flag
E) Weak nade throw
H) Use pack
T) Global chat
W) Team chat
N) Quick chat
U) Command Acknowledge

I have weapons bound to mouse wheel, but i don't use it to switch between the three primary weapons when playing LT. It's much easier to key bind those weapons and choose the one you want rather then scroll through weapons. I can chain and push either nade launcher or disc and as soon as im done chaining it will switch to whatever weapon i pushed. Can't do that with the mouse wheel.

i use E 4 beacon, Q 4 pack, Shift 4 zoom, X 4 zoom cycle, F 4 Flag, mouse thumbs 4 nades but i think it would b better 2 have beacon on thumb so u can still use A/D buttons

rofl i would change those binds immediately xml! yea i think i need to mousewheel to change weapons for some reason it is much faster. also i like the alt and ctrl for binds i might use that

2 bump urself left/right (sharp turn). i also use mouswheel but b/c my mouse is crappy it often moves 2 much and i end up w/ wep i donut want i think i need new mouse. i also h8 how tribe has delay while wep switcing which is like contrary 2 regular fps

Reg wasd movement

Q next weapon
R cappercam
Capslock weak toss nade
F full toss nade
X vff
C beacon
Lshift vfr
Mouse wheel click flag toss
Mouse thumb for hKit
2 command screen
3 suicide
4 3rd person toggle

I set it up like this so i don't have to move my fingers too much while playing home d.
It's nice having main functions like flag toss and hkit bound to your mouse so they're quick and effort less. It really helps out when you have the flag and 3 dudes are turning your screen red. you have full wasd when shit hits the fan. (Not that tribes is that fast of a game but shutup ok?)

idk stork i think you might want to revisit a couple binds

having suicide that close to other common functions sounds really weird to me

switching your full toss nade with your health kit or moving full toss nade to a left shift would be way more helpful than having it used by your index finger... left shift is a prime key as you can still use all of the movement keys at the same time... I think it's a waste to have a voice command there and force one less movement finger able to be used because your long nade is F

Back