The Drawing Thread

notebook sketch w/ballpoint pen
nb1.jpg

did this on a paper tablecloth at a party in <45min with bic pen. tore it off and brought it home, and then it wouldn't fit on the scanner.
partysketch.jpg

Some older stuff and a newer sketch. I really need to find time to keep up with this a bit better. Zero's stuff is as always brilliant. Really liked eastmonkey's geometric feel and gift's free paint.

8x12
balloons6hq.jpg

8x12
lotus6my.jpg

wacom sketch
arty27ay.jpg

Kwago said:
she's cute

plus i too enjoy drawing with "The Bic"
Yes! Shit!

The thing I love about them is that they DON'T lay down sharp black lines, you can vary the intensity of the stroke and can actually SHADE with them. The problem is that they all use that shitty ink with that metallic sheen to it; I would love to find a brand of bic pen that uses a totally nonreflective ink.

Another example (the ftp program corrupted this image right in the middle, but this is from my little black book of telephone numbers, not a regular notebook), about the height of 1.5 thumbprints:

doodle.jpg

I actually like using mechanical pencils. A lot of people hate them but I think it's just because they don't know how to use them. They're really great for fine detail work and I like them for light shading. Plus, without totally freaking out and using specialized pencils, mechanical pencil erasers are a lot more reliable than your average number 2 (or whatever).

sv1.jpg

sv1a.jpg

Close up wheel detail

I drew this for the Annual Coreldraw competition last year

Last edited:
Zero-Optix said:
I actually painted in greyscale then overlayed in color. I am still adding to this one. I just color comic books here and there for around 50 dollars a page or less..but i dont do them all the time as i dont want to be know as a colorist rather a all round artist.
Ah yes, the overlay has a similar effect.

So how do you find work? listings on forums?

Back