How to counter fear?

Pagy said:
hint: you cant be feared 15 times

Hint: motherfuckign exageration...

But i have been feared a good 5 times before and the problems arent magic to everyone who is assuming it is, its that fucking curse + the 4-5 fuckign fears, i cant do anything....

sekdar said:
i'd be more concerned with Seduction in 1v1. seduce, fear, CoE, soulfire, reseduce. fear, CoS, shadowbolt. repeat.

welp...

if you run into a lock in group pvp.. you best need to worry about the succubus rather than just fear.

however, in 1v1 it isnt gonna hurt you that much. what it can do is help a warlock recover from an initial attack by a rogue or whatever, and try to even the odds. seduce can be broken so it's not something that helps them beyond the raw pause-effect.

just like fear, in a 1v1 match with a lock just RUSH him. dont back down and dont freak out. get in his face and hit them... and do all you can to break their casting and make them waste their mana.

Evasi0n said:
Good god, how the fuck can you lose to a warlock as a paladin? Cleanse corruption + immolation for 130 mana, just keep running at him after you're feared, and by the 4th fear, diminishing returns caused you to be immune from fear, and the only damage you've taken is from curse of agony + whatever pet the warlock has out. I typically beat warlocks with 60-70% health and 90-100% mana. It isn't hard at all.

Quoted for truth.

Seriously, it doesn't matter if they fear you or not, as soon as the fear breaks just run back to him and start swinging away, his mana will drop off long before yours will, just outlast him.

Priests are a different story, they fuck Paladins (and many other classes for that matter) up. If you see a priest coming your way, best to just drop what you're doing and run. If you have to fight though, just play it smart. Stun when he starts to mana leach or heal, and use potions whenever you can.

If you absolutely want to be immune to fear though, get that trinket you recieve from the smithing quests. I would seriously suggest against this though, engineering is 10x more useful to a Paladin and when it really comes down to it, fear immunity will only let you kill warlocks faster than you already do, it wont help you against priests with their MC.

StreakinMe said:
Priests are a different story, they fuck Paladins (and many other classes for that matter) up. If you see a priest coming your way, best to just drop what you're doing and run. If you have to fight though, just play it smart. Stun when he starts to mana leach or heal, and use potions whenever you can.

The most skilled paladin in the game doesn't stand a chance against a well played shadowpriest (or probably a holy priest too for that matter, but I don't fight many of those being on a PvP server). PBAE fear + one or two mana burns + mind flay on the way back, rinse and repeat = a dead paladin. Regardless of the fact that some people consider paladins the equivalent of what would had happened if Jesus enlisted in the army, a paladin with no mana is a gimped warrior with no special attacks.

Evasi0n said:
The most skilled paladin in the game doesn't stand a chance against a well played shadowpriest (or probably a holy priest too for that matter, but I don't fight many of those being on a PvP server). PBAE fear + one or two mana burns + mind flay on the way back, rinse and repeat = a dead paladin. Regardless of the fact that some people consider paladins the equivalent of what would had happened if Jesus enlisted in the army, a paladin with no mana is a gimped warrior with no special attacks.

Bingo

ya Priests didnt use to rape me but now that im in the higher levels i see they have been beefed up and it ussualy isnt very possible for me to take them anymore in 1v1. Only ones i've killed are stupid ones that let me rape them instead of getting me off them...or bruning my mana.

Evasi0n said:

Which is why I said to run.

hahahah, yea

while i think a skilled pally has a good chance against a skilled lock... im not sure id say the same for a shadowpriest =)

Back