Got to see onyxia fall.

Nehi

Veteran XX
our planned onxyia raid today finally met its goal: slain at attempt #4
(had a total of 10+ some odd runs total)

some screenies if anyone is interested to see:

http://www.markbartosik.com/rogue/onxyia_dead1.jpg

http://www.markbartosik.com/rogue/onxyia_dead2.jpg

http://www.markbartosik.com/rogue/onxyia_dead3.jpg

http://www.markbartosik.com/rogue/onxyia_dead4.jpg

forgot to take a screenie of the loot, but there was 3 epics and 55ish gold:
epic caster cape: sapphiron drape, paladin helm: judgement crown and a druid helm: stormrage cover

was pretty fun and intense.

what the hell do you do as a rogue in these epic instances?

i always thought that close range aoes that hit for 4000 or whatever pretty much took you out of the game.

Vulcan1 said:
what the hell do you do as a rogue in these epic instances?

i always thought that close range aoes that hit for 4000 or whatever pretty much took you out of the game.

You can kill the adds

thanks kirk.

and yes im mostly crowd control with the whelps, which is somewhat important.

melee is still important in phase 1 and the end of phase 3 for the dps to take her down. phase 2 is all about the ranged classes.

A feat to be proud of :)
My guild doesn't quite have enough people keyed to do it in guild and our best joint-guild effort got her just to land again in phase 3.

Any tips for phase 2? We seem to lose massive amounts of people at this stage of the encounter. We have read the positioning guides by fires of heaven or whatever but it is still a difficult encounter to be sure.

Sir Lucius said:
You can kill the adds

i have a lvl 40 rogue and sorta fear taking him to 60 at this time, mostly cuz of the PERCEPTION around rogues.

i also have a lvl 60 warlock, and locks have similar issues (the masses dont get it).

however, this makes a ton of sense to me so far. i see rogues as crisis managers for melee. MC has a ton of adds and spawns which must be killed ASAP. rogues are ideal for such fights where you cant be wasting critical mana/etc on the ADDs but need them to vanish fast... especially when mobs go to the rear and attack healers/casters.

finally, ive said it before and ill say it again... i HAVE seen rogues equipped and stacked well enough to be secondary assists, if not played (trusted) as MAs.

TeckMan said:
A feat to be proud of :)
My guild doesn't quite have enough people keyed to do it in guild and our best joint-guild effort got her just to land again in phase 3.

Any tips for phase 2? We seem to lose massive amounts of people at this stage of the encounter. We have read the positioning guides by fires of heaven or whatever but it is still a difficult encounter to be sure.

DoT the shit out of her.

dot the crap out of her in phase 2 and keep constant ranged attacking, this will prevent her from doing any deep breaths while melee handles the whelps.

ZenTseTse said:
however, this makes a ton of sense to me so far. i see rogues as crisis managers for melee. MC has a ton of adds and spawns which must be killed ASAP. rogues are ideal for such fights where you cant be wasting critical mana/etc on the ADDs but need them to vanish fast... especially when mobs go to the rear and attack healers/casters.

finally, ive said it before and ill say it again... i HAVE seen rogues equipped and stacked well enough to be secondary assists, if not played (trusted) as MAs.

this is a sorta yes/no from my experience so far. theres strategies for everything in MC, as far as killing adds, you will always have warrior tanks and offtanks, other melee only goes in to help kill one mob at a time, (example: molten giants)

for things like firelords you stay on the mob with the tank while ranged and aoe take care of the "babies" it continues to spawn.

bosses all have their own individual strats, but a well played rogue is still actually very important dps, just be sure youre stacking your stam/resist gear as high as you can. 100+ fire resist and at as close to 5k hp with buffs as you can. also a supply of various pots and bandages are invaluable.

check out my new pants tonight from magmadar in MC: http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?56901

:D

TeckMan said:
That's what we figured but what about the 8 slot debuff limit =/

What Mark said. You can handle her with relative easy (This is Onyxia we're talking about, afterall) in phase 2 if you can keep her from taking that deep breath. To accomplish that you hit her with as many DoTs as you can, and blast the everloving shit out of her with ranged.

Nehi_Peach said:
dot the crap out of her in phase 2 and keep constant ranged attacking, this will prevent her from doing any deep breaths while melee handles the whelps.
DoTs prevent deep breath??

Sojourn said:
What Mark said. You can handle her with relative easy (This is Onyxia we're talking about, afterall) in phase 2 if you can keep her from taking that deep breath. To accomplish that you hit her with as many DoTs as you can, and blast the everloving shit out of her with ranged.
are her breaths on random timers tho?

and just the dots and nuking makes the stage shorter so she doesnt have as much time to do it. or is someone actually positive DoTs actually prevent it

if you read the strat we use, you do not aoe the whelps. the ONLY time you ever have to aoe whelps is when someone gets tossed into the eggs and spawns 10-20+ of those things, otherwise not enough of them come out that the melee on the sides cant handle.

bodom, we did several attempts at her and have done phase two many times and have kept her from breathing not even once.

Grats Nehi, cool to see a rogue that's useful in the high-end stuff. I heard about the Onyxia slaying the other night, didn't realize you were on Tichondrius also (Donkeys, 60 NE rogue here). I was getting pretty discouraged w/my rogue and have been playing my priest/war combo but maybe I'll look at getting some stam/fire gear and see if I can't get into some raids.

the problem mikey, is that you're not on archimonde :]]]

my bro has his priest to 15. i started a mage and we're teaming up every now and then. come join the fun!

Back