Think I'm gonna cancel.

Well I just hit 60 with my second (third to be honest) character yesterday, a Hunter, in 10 days gameplay.. I've run about 15 Strath raids, both sides since then and I think I'm getting about to the point where I will unsubscribe until BGs. After leveling a mage, hunter and my fiancee's priest to 60, I'm pretty worn out. Molten Core is the worst too considering our guild does it all the time now.

I don't see how or why someone would roll a char to 60 that many times.

where is the fun in power rolling. I just don't see it.

Bridude said:
I don't see how or why someone would roll a char to 60 that many times.

where is the fun in power rolling. I just don't see it.

because when youve seen the same content more then once you are allowed to breeze thru it with subsequent characters.

also people make alts with different professions to help support your main to be more self-sufficient. im lvling a dwarf priest with alchemy for potions and transmutes for my 60 NE rogue and it gives me something else to play that will always be wanted in a group as well.

Nehi_Peach said:
because when youve seen the same content more then once you are allowed to breeze thru it with subsequent characters.

also people make alts with different professions to help support your main to be more self-sufficient. im lvling a dwarf priest with alchemy for potions and transmutes for my 60 NE rogue and it gives me something else to play that will always be wanted in a group as well.

that I understand.

but going

"DING 60!
DING 60!
DING 60! ok I'm done." I dont understand. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Fool said:
Yea but I have no idea who any of the pandas are in TW and the ones I do know don't seem to be on when I am.

I missed this post.
Anyways, I'm on 5-6 nights a week from 8pm-3am(yikes).

PhrenzY said:
Well I just hit 60 with my second (third to be honest) character yesterday, a Hunter, in 10 days gameplay.. I've run about 15 Strath raids, both sides since then and I think I'm getting about to the point where I will unsubscribe until BGs. After leveling a mage, hunter and my fiancee's priest to 60, I'm pretty worn out. Molten Core is the worst too considering our guild does it all the time now.

for fuck's sake man...

im SURE she's flattered that you leveled her char to 60, though... but perhaps you are burnt out cuz you havent balanced all the things in your life that bring you joy?

this is a great lesson for us all

BEING WITH YOUR FIANCE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING HER PRIEST TO 60 IN 10 DAYS. :(

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the letter 'R.'

|Slobax| said:
EXACTLY

if they are going to make a game where leveling isn't the main focus (meaning, they want everyone to get to 60 FAST), then they need to make some big time content FAST, they don't understand that.

Most MMO games make the grind steeper, so that gives you much more to do, while the devs develop stuff. Instead like in WoW, where everyone is 60 and just WAITING for content. While a game like Lineage2, where it has been out for almost a YEAR, and no one has still "finished" it (gotten S grade equipment, defeated all the raid bosses, etc)

IMO, Blizzard just made a bad judgement. If this game was designed for the "casual player", they would add a ton of content from the start. Making a game where everyone can zip through fast and not have a lot of content to play with, will hurt at the end.

If Blizzard was planning to have little content from the start, they should of put in the exp leveling system from FFXI, where you gain little exp. But if you solo, you would get half of the exp you would get for grouping.

Soloing = fewer exp = level slow
Grouping = more exp = level fast (not as fast in WoW now)

But don't forget, WoW was made for casual player. If people had, lets say, a hour or two to play each day, they would have to solo. Now, for the "hardcore" players (there will be hardcore players), they will group to gain more exp than from the causal people, because they can spend around 4+ hours of playing time.

I'm not saying that Blizzard should force people to group like in FFXI. Just let them have a choice what they want to do. If you want to solo, you would be gaining little exp. If you want to group, you would be gaining a lot of exp.

Just refine the leveling system from FFXI, where you can actually gain a good amount of exp by soloing, but have twice more gain for the people that are grouping.

Put this system in and you will have causal players playing at a slow pace by soloing, but not as fast as the hardcore players playing at a faster pace by grouping.

That's the way I see it, because I'm sure that the majority of the people playing WoW are in the casual section, while the others are hardcore. Add monthly content and fewer server outages and WoW will stand tall to the rest of all of the MMORPG's.

I'm not bashing on Blizzard in anyway, because they have made great games in the past, but they only made a bad judgement, when they got their feet wet by stepping into the market of MMORPG's.

yeah, i think it really shows they have never made an MMORPG before. Not so much in the core of the game or it's style, but in the managment and server situation.

Santa said:
I'm really enjoying EQ2. :)
Crafting stinks though.
still? heh

i gave up on eq2 after seeing it in action and being pissed the engine runs so horribly on my comp, even when i set it to asstastic graphics that look worse than t1, it somehow still runs horrible. that is a sign of a bad game engine. Also, i am a pvp whore?

I played SWG as my first MMO, but EQ2 is different with all the raids, guilds and teamwork. Alot of married and people with RL responsibilities play EQ2, so generally grouping isn't 'erratic'. Though today I was in an instanced 3 hr zone and the main 'tank' decided to leave. 2hrs down the drain.

But I'm surfing here cause the guy next to me at work just bought WoW, so I figured I'd come take a look.

WoW seems to get off to a fast start, starts to grind around the mid-20s, and then peters out at the end-game. Onxyia sounds really cool, but the amount of effort to even attempt it speaks to large guilds or the rare multi-guild attempt.

Back