Think I'm gonna cancel.

Fool said:
I'm just good at levelling. :p Hell my warrior is at 28 now with only 24 hours played.

Well, I sort of did the same thing, and powered to 60, but I kind of regretted it... I missed a few quests there and do not have it in me to go back in do them... See... though a lot of quests are just annoying, there are quite a few that are interesting, and play out like good wc3 scenarios... and show you things in the game you might not otherwise ever see...

Try to tell myself to not rush, cause leveling your character is half the game... ah but I can't even roll a second character... being a low level again is too much of a pain, so I just stick w/ my 60 and hit the arena or an instance run, or check world defense chan for a raid ><

I would give it some time. Don't play as much and wait a week or two before cancelling. You'll soon get that urge to jump back on and pvp(hopefully you're on a full pvp server). If not, find out how long they'll store your character so you can come back if you want.

if it is like SOE and most MMORPG companies like NCsoft, etc

they will hold your character for 3 months, then after 3 months it will probably be there, but they are not held accountable if it gets deleted.

how do you level so quickly? I waste a lot of time doing nothing, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't level that fast..

bbq said:
how do you level so quickly? I waste a lot of time doing nothing, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't level that fast..

1. Grab every quest you can in every level appropriate zone. If it's elite, skip it, they take too long, give too little XP for the difficulty and you can find comparable items on the AH.

2. Read the quest log to understand where you have to go, where the things are to kill, etc.

3. Consult wow.allakhazam.com for more specific locations if necessary.

4. Do every yellow quest, finish level out by grinding.

5. Repeat.

Oh and play a hunter.

first of all,

if your server is always down and you have queues... consider going to the 80 servers that DO NOT have such problems instead of blaming the game itself?

secondly,

i can totally relate to burnout on WoW or any MMO for that matter. it's perfectly... healthy lol

however, i do think we sometimes get ourselves wound on up stuff within the game that ISNT why we play in the first place.

i didnt start wow to grind. i didnt start wow to have cool gear.

i play wow cuz it's fun to run around, do shit, level, get cool stuff and to pvp.

it wasnt too far after i hit 60 that i started doing alts and just tryin to have fun. i'll prolly keep at it till BGs are here (it's being beta tested as we speak).

It could be likely they could release BG in March or early April, but here is the real question.....do you think BG is going to good to a certain point and will start get repetitive?

I'm not playing WoW now (in the beginning I did), but to keep everything fresh and entertaining in the long run, they need to roll out new content fast. Plus do it every month or so, not quarterly.

I actually reinstalled CoH on sunday.

A lot has changed since I last played (especially missions). It has been really fun so far. Plus the arena pvp could be neato. I have no aspirations that it'll be a longterm game though.

Vash85 said:
It could be likely they could release BG in March or early April, but here is the real question.....do you think BG is going to good to a certain point and will start get repetitive?

I'm not playing WoW now (in the beginning I did), but to keep everything fresh and entertaining in the long run, they need to roll out new content fast. Plus do it every month or so, not quarterly.
EXACTLY

if they are going to make a game where leveling isn't the main focus (meaning, they want everyone to get to 60 FAST), then they need to make some big time content FAST, they don't understand that.

Most MMO games make the grind steeper, so that gives you much more to do, while the devs develop stuff. Instead like in WoW, where everyone is 60 and just WAITING for content. While a game like Lineage2, where it has been out for almost a YEAR, and no one has still "finished" it (gotten S grade equipment, defeated all the raid bosses, etc)

I have considering cancelling at this point too. Though I don't have a lvl 60 character, highest I got was 44 and that started to get tedious.

I'm honestly starting to think with this whole MMORPG business Blizzard finally bit off more than they can chew. I'm not expecting new stuff every week or what have you, but not a whole lot has been done since launch. It seems like their stalling by throwing in more instances for people to run, but even then after the 1st time it gets repetitive.

The PvP system is somewhat a mockery at this point, seemingly half-assed and turned the player base into a civil war over how PvP SHOULD be in comparison to other games. The Battlefields should have been out on launch, hands down. They tested and tested and tested, and even now it's still not here. I get the feeling Blizzard is using the BFs as a hook to keep players interested in the game. Makes me wonder exactly what will happen when they finally come out. Maybe people will simply cancel their accounts en masse after they realize the BFs don't live up to the hype.

Who knows, but I think Blizzard is failing fast in this MMORPG department.

Consider rerolling with some TW folks (or not, your choice) on a low-pop server. You keep your 60 for when BG comes out.

Hmm. There really should be a stickied 'TW WoW Server' in this subforum, with info and names and shit.

Yea but I have no idea who any of the pandas are in TW and the ones I do know don't seem to be on when I am.

Back