PVP not so PVP...

1. there is a ton of pvp on the pvp servers ive seen. i have NO idea wtf you are saying...

2. pve servers with battlegrounds will only have like 2 guilds on each side who actually play. pve servers do NOT have the high end raids and AH with tons of top gear (dont lie). pve servers do NOT have the challenges that lead to better pvp action. pve servers will have horrible battleground experiences...

3. if you cry about "ganking" then i have no idea why you are playin WARcraft...

ZenTseTse said:
1. there is a ton of pvp on the pvp servers ive seen. i have NO idea wtf you are saying...

2. pve servers with battlegrounds will only have like 2 guilds on each side who actually play. pve servers do NOT have the high end raids and AH with tons of top gear (dont lie). pve servers do NOT have the challenges that lead to better pvp action. pve servers will have horrible battleground experiences...

3. if you cry about "ganking" then i have no idea why you are playin WARcraft...

#1 is probably the only accurate thing in your whole post.

Vermillion1 said:
#1 is probably the only accurate thing in your whole post.

ill take wagers, since the rest is speculation... (#3 just points out the irony of crying about the WAR in WARcraft)

i admit my opinion on pve servers is based merely on those i know who have lvl 60 chars on pve servers and realized it was a waste of time... for the reasons i stated.

Last edited:
Vermillion1 said:
Maybe our PvE server is differant than? PvP can be found at the drop of a hat. Im not talking about 1 on 1, but 50 on 50

how does a PvE server have 50 on 50 fights?

anyways...

i find it sad that PvE/RP folks actually either dont know how to or dont believe that you can easily find PvP action on a PvP server.

to me, that tells me that they've truly missed out on such an essential part of the game.

that's like playing CTF without knowing there were flags...

This seems like a retarded argument.

PvP server-folk probably enjoy the fact that they can gank someone, and find the idea of possibly being ganked challenging.

PvE server-folk think random ganking is a waste of time.

As for the 50v50 shit on PvE servers, it happens all the time. There's always some faggots in IF or Ogrimmar who round up a posse of "hardcore-pvp'rs" to go raid an opposing city. And like clockwork, when the city is attacked and people start to get flagged, opposition freaks out and auto-attacks anyone they can. It's like some primitive territorial thing.

On a PvP server, if you could -

1) Gank anywhere, at any time

2) Loot people you gank (perhaps have a stash slot in the bank for coins, and anything else a person carries on them can be looted, or something akin to that)

3) Earn rewards via the "honor system"

- I would totally play it. As is, I don't want to deal with getting ganked when all I'm doing is farming or leveling. Nor do I feel the need to grief someone else when all they're doing is farming or leveling. That seems to be the only thing a PvP server can offer *exclusively*. Hopefully, they fix it - PvP, when implemented well, can be a shitload of fun.

Deft said:
This seems like a retarded argument.

PvP server-folk probably enjoy the fact that they can gank someone, and find the idea of possibly being ganked challenging.

As for the 50v50 shit on PvE servers, it happens all the time. There's always some faggots in IF or Ogrimmar who round up a posse of "hardcore-pvp'rs" to go raid an opposing city. And like clockwork, when the city is attacked and people start to get flagged, opposition freaks out and auto-attacks anyone they can. It's like some primitive territorial thing.

On a PvP server, if you could -

1) Gank anywhere, at any time

2) Loot people you gank (perhaps have a stash slot in the bank for coins, and anything else a person carries on them can be looted, or something akin to that)

3) Earn rewards via the "honor system"

- I would totally play it. As is, I don't want to deal with getting ganked when all I'm doing is farming or leveling. Nor do I feel the need to grief someone else when all they're doing is farming or leveling. That seems to be the only thing a PvP server can offer *exclusively*. Hopefully, they fix it - PvP, when implemented well, can be a shitload of fun.

Wow someone who KNOWS how a PvE server works...

50 on 50 style fights are common and often. Southshore/Tauren Mill has nightly wars.

Deft said:

cuz they dont really get it... and that even ganking is part of a ongoing struggle within any region. im not talking about those who gank lvl 10 guys. honestly, if you played on a pvp server you'd know that very seldomly happens.

see, it's FUN to level in STV on a pvp server. folks kill opposition, and then posse rallies to take control of a quest area back... and on it goes.

it's part of the game. the gameplay builds on that experience and most people get pretty damn good at pvp along the way... which is a point yall keep seeming to miss, as relates to what battlegrounds will be like.

Deft said:

see, right there... you show your real colors by calling the only people on the server who organize pvp "faggots."

and for the record, while i know you guys are trying to make a big deal out of this fact for the sake of argument, i HIGHLY doubt you have seen a proper city raid by experienced 40-man pvp group. maybe im wrong, but i just cant believe many real raids on cities happen on pve servers.

on a normal pvp server with med/full pop there are dozens of attacks on cities every night.

likewise, REAL 50vs50 shit takes place in hilsbrad between the two towns. it's not 15-20 guys on a pve server attacking IF for a few minutes... but a real battle which can last an hour or more.

you guys are talking about people mostly fighting GUARDS and then others jumping in... not all our frontal fights between groups. it's not the same, so dont exagerate.

like it or not, the experience truly is different and i can say that based on folks i know with lvl 60 chars on pve servers who can BE HONEST about what really happens (and doesnt happen) there.

the high end raids dont happen. the pvp experience isnt there. the epic gear isnt there... etc.

im not saying pve servers cant be fun. i just wouldnt dare expect any challenge on the pvp front when battlegrounds come, outside 1-2 clans on each side (if the server doesnt suck).

then again, you already called pvp people on your server faggots so i doubt you'll even find out.

Last edited:
You're all fags. I dunno who plays what or where, but I do know because I play Normal, PvP AND RP and I found the people are vastly different in terms of attitude and gameplay.

Normal

The usual MMORPGers who now delight in having an integrated PvP system that doesn't interrupt anything. They know it's a game, and treat it as such. They have fun when they want to and know ganking/griefing is not fun. Consensual is good because when you PvP here, you KNOW everyone involved wants PvP. You hear Tarren Mill is under attack? You know without a doubt someone wants a piece. And players won't go "meh" and leave. They'll rush right there to see what's going and and if the numbers and levels are enough they'll throw that flag up to throw down. Normal folks like a challenge, not a lop-sided gankfest.

PvP

All the FPS/RTS players mostly here. In their previous genres the only dynamic variable was skill. Everyone got the same shit with the same level field to play on. Here in WoW, level is king. You fight a lvl 60 when you're lvl 20, you ain't winning. Even if the lvl 60 doesn't know how to play his class and fucks around half the time he'll still win. The sheer volume of extra HP, Mana, and armor in addition to vastly higher stats assures this. Use your excuses of "war" and whatever else you have in your arsenal to justify your ganking, deep down most of the PvPers know they want to win more than they want a challenge, and they'll get that win any way they can.

RP

RPers are simply Normal folk who want to make their own story up. While some are a little more eccentric than others, it's not difficult to play here. It didn't take long to slap together a simply character bio that loosely conforms to the WoW storyline and play it out. And most of the time the real RPers leave the General Chat channel and make their own channels with friends they know. I don't even have to actually roleplay a whole lot when I play there, and you don't need to learn how to speak Old English or act like a D&D loving smacktard to do it. In fact RP servers have the good and helpful people and not the trash-talking wannabes you see elsewhere.

So you all can sit down and STFU. Play on PvP? Good, go play there. Play on Normal? Great, more power to ya. Play RP? Have fun, that is after all what games are for.

But don't act like a retard coming in here saying your PvP is better than Normal and RP or that Normal is superior to PvP. You're wasting your time and you breath.

ZenTseTse said:
see, right there... you show your real colors by calling the only people on the server who organize pvp "faggots."

I call almost everyone I know "faggot". I guess my real colors are homophobic pastel?

I've played PvP. In WoW, no. In UO? Shadowbane? Yes. That was quality PvP. Go ahead and put whatever dramatic twist you want onto what you call PvP, but it's really nothing more than some form of half-assed competition that usually dissolves into a zerg.

You need to step back a bit and really look at things objectively. The game's classes are -not- diverse enough to really make any kind of PvP skillful at this point. Sure, you have tanks and nukers and healers...but the abilities of those classes are limited in scope, if not options.

In a 10v10 scenario, I imagine the battle would go something like...

1) Kill the healers

2) Kill the crowd control / nukers

3) Kill everything else

4) Kill the tank

Pretty accurate, huh? Curiously though, that would be exactly how you deal with mobs! So, maybe players actually contribute to the "human ingenuity / error" equation. Great. Master Tactician RogueX and his partner JohnnyMage did something that totally surprised you! You so weren't prepared for it, so their ingenuity results in your error. Awesome, you weren't owned, you just owned yourself.

Well, at least you can loot their bodies when they...oh wait, no. Nevermind, people would FREAK out if you could loot bodies in this game. It's like the entire population of EQ came over to WoW and is trying to act like hardcore PvP'rs while throwing hot-phrases like "Carebear" and "Zerg" around.

But you get exp, right? Or at least some form of reward for your efforts? Again, no. The existing state of PvP in WoW is so subpar it's amusing to see anyone defend it. "Grief or be griefed". And don't give me this "You don't know what it's like to fight for hours in a 50v50 battle!" shit. I once spent 3+ hours playing Red Rover in Hillsbrad with so many fucking people it made my head spin. And I've seen big-ass castle raids in SB, so that's saying something.

Bottom line is, what you get on a PvP server you can get on a PvE server. Except the random ganking. Can't get that, I'm afraid. So, wah wah 4 u. But if you wanna just grind a few hours away, enjoy yourself. Want to level up somewhere else when you're under 20, but can't make it past the contested zone because every single person over level 30 that sees you comes at you like a tornado made of arms and teeth? It's not a problem on a PvE server, come on over! Call that thinking "carebear", I know you want to - I call it "a fucking easy way to level". I don't need to get my kicks wasting someone at random when they don't expect it, so I don't really want to be on the flipside.

You want competition, play an FPS or RTS. You want moderately good PvP, play UO or SB. You want to prove how badass you are to a person 20 levels below you, play WoW Pee Vee Pee.

*yawn*

a lot of words about wow pvp from somebody who says upfront he's not played wow pvp and calls pvp'rs faggots (and your use had nothing to do with gays but was showing that you actually think pvp isnt cool or fun, which is precisely why you are being silly on this thread lecturing about pvp and wow).

give it a rest, man...

Last edited:
ZenTseTse said:
*yawn*

a lot of words about wow pvp from somebody who says upfront he's not played wow pvp and calls pvp'rs faggots.

give it a rest, man...

But he does have a few very valid points.

1. You get no reward nor punishment for PvPing.

2. Everything you have in a PvP server can be had in a Normal server minus the random ganking.

2 turns out more true because it IS the random ganking people complain about most on PvP servers.

first of all, id like folks jumping onto this thread to start at the beginning... and realize the fundamental premise of the thread was that PvP servers dont even have pvp anyways... which was the start of a lot of amazing claims by pve people.

Feannag said:
But he does have a few very valid points.

1. You get no reward nor punishment for PvPing.

2. Everything you have in a PvP server can be had in a Normal server minus the random ganking.

2 turns out more true because it IS the random ganking people complain about most on PvP servers.

sorry, i didnt read his crap this time...

as for "no reward," while im gonna be happy to see an Honor system, i think it's silly to say there is no reward or point in it.

first of all, let's compare to FPS (heck, this IS tribalwar). you kill for fun and for the teamplay. in wow, it's no friggin different.

secondly, it's a lie to say everythign can be found on pve. if you HONESTLY believe that, it's really no use discussing it with you cuz you are just simply clueless about what happens on pvp servers 30+

finally, while the pve-proponents continue to insist the issue is about "ganking", the reality is that on a pvp server you gain EXPERIENCE by learning to fight other players.

that's a reward
that's a group dynamic and purpose
that's why you are lying about ganking and that you can gain that experience on pve servers.

again, i have no real problem playing on pve servers. i DO have a problem when pve people bitch about pvp and pretend they even know what it's really about...

when you've had your raid party fight another raid party outside UBRS then you can talk about pvp and "rewards."

i just want them to stop lying...

K slut, here's the deal. I have played on a PvP server. I played up to lvl 45, which is definitely 30+. There was no real PvP, it was just zergs and roof sniping. Zergs over Booty Bay, zergs over Tarren Mill, zergs over Refuge Point. That's all it was. That and over course ganking and corpse.

In FPS games there IS a reward. There are points, there are scoreboards, there are acknowledgements from the game. That are public and all players can see. There is none of that in WoW. What, bragging to guildies over a Guild channel? Trash-talking in Public? No one cares about that shit.

Ad for finding PvP in PvE, there is that and stop lying out your ass. What happens in PvP? Well you attack/gank someone that may or may not be prepared for you. Or it's lop-sided, or they are questing, whatever. But here in Normal, if someone flags you know they want one thing. And that's PvP. No doubt about it. And don't think no one gives a fuck when the Defense channel blares a place is being attacked. Almost always every player who hears it will come and see what's up. Why? Because you know someone on the other faction wants a piece. Normal fights are the real test of skill and strategy and "playing your class", not running around an area ganking lowbies.

As for skill? Normal PvPers are just as skilled as you "hardcore" gankers, for the very reason we can't gank. Or to gank would be very tricky. Raids do happen here, and here you always run the chance that the invaders will be outnumbered. Because You never know whose around and in the area at the time. You could round up a posse of eight lvl 40 people and attack Lakeshire, and you could be met with easily twice your number in lvl 20s or even late-teens. And the sheer numbers not even your superior level will save you.

So STFU.

Please continue to fight zen. We are all obviously lying, just to further enrage you - ideally, to a point where you stop posting.

Back