Who is going to buy their level 60 mount?

i think about 10 or so members of my guild have their epic, the rest of us are scratching towards 900. im not even close @ ~250g, but eventually i plan on buying one.

Didn't know other TW's played on Skullcrusher...

I'm lvl 60 UD priest named Dischord

Edit: I'm alch/herb which is really shitty for money. I only have about 150 gold, though I haven't played much since I hit 60. Not sure if I'm going to get the mount yet.

Last edited:
I play on Gorefiend, at lvl 26 I have about 14g saved up mostly from selling potions on AH. It's a lot more than what I was saving on an earlier (and no deleted) character.

Given that I may just buy the training at 40 and just save and pick up the epic mount at 60.

Sabin Figaro said:
Edit: I'm alch/herb which is really shitty for money.

You serious? I make a lot of money off selling mana pots and swiftness pots. Stupid whores on Gorefiend try to push 1g or 80s for a stack of 5, I usually keep my price to 50s a stack. It's a fuckton more money than I ever made doing leatherworking. In fact, alchemy is actually acting like a real profession for me.

buying an epic mount is NOT high on my agenda.

900g for merely a speed increase?

at lvl 60, there honestly isnt a whole lot of rushing on ground. anybody who plays THAT much is mocking themselves if they say they are "saving time" with such an investment. in cases where it's actually important to be somewhere quick... you likely have a warlock who can summon you. let's be honest.

the best justification people can give is that it's good for pvp. 900g for a slight edge in running for your life (or chasing some dude) is absurd. there are about 30 things at the AH you can buy which can more aptly save your life or stop that runner... for a heck of a lot less...

the epic mount is more like a case where lvl 60s need to make the game meaningful, so we save up for the next cool thing. to me, until battlegrounds exist (which i think will make having epic mounts valuable), an epic mount is a waste of a ton of gold/energy when you could be investing in other stuff or just relaxing and playing the game.

my gold from my lvl 60 is mostly going to alts and gathered by casual play at this time.

when i need an epic mount (if i ever really do), i'll get one. 900g saved can go to cool trinkets in the mean time.

and having the best trinkets is WAY COOLER than having an epic mount :D

Last edited:
Yea but I really don't find all that much to purchase. Occassionaly there's something decent but mostly the AH at 60 is a waste of time. All the good stuff is BoP.

Most things I'd be interested in buying at the auction house are absurdly priced. IMO, several hundred gold is better spent on that mount than on some sword that's only marginally better than what I'm using.

well, yea, if you have 900g EXTRA... then buy a mount...

im just saying i aint grinding and obessing about it.

then again, having lots of gold might be smart for patches and expansions...

he bought the mount and he's going to hit 60 later tonight. i still think he's crazy for passing up all that $$$$$

Feannag said:
I play on Gorefiend, at lvl 26 I have about 14g saved up mostly from selling potions on AH. It's a lot more than what I was saving on an earlier (and no deleted) character.

Given that I may just buy the training at 40 and just save and pick up the epic mount at 60.

You serious? I make a lot of money off selling mana pots and swiftness pots. Stupid whores on Gorefiend try to push 1g or 80s for a stack of 5, I usually keep my price to 50s a stack. It's a fuckton more money than I ever made doing leatherworking. In fact, alchemy is actually acting like a real profession for me.
buy your mount right away, trust me, it's the best 90g you'l ever spend

Doaln said:
he bought the mount and he's going to hit 60 later tonight. i still think he's crazy for passing up all that $$$$$

if you consider the amount of time it takes to get 900 gold, selling it for 171$ is worse than fucking mexican wages.

rukkus said:
if you consider the amount of time it takes to get 900 gold, selling it for 171$ is worse than fucking mexican wages.
yeah but when you have no money at all, $150 is a sweet deal for playing a video game.

i always joke with him that he should just sell his account now that he has 2 level 60s ;)

im lvl 60, currently i have 300 gold saved up. im deffintly gonna get my epic once i hit 900 gold. i want a black ram =p

Back