Who is going to buy their level 60 mount?

Doaln

Contributor
Veteran XV
I don't play WoW, but my roommate plays religiously. I asked him if he was going to buy a lvl 60 mount a long time ago and he said probably not, too much gold.

Then recently I asked again and he said he had saved up nearly 700 gold already for it. Occassionally I ask how much gold is worth in $USD$ and so after hearing that I did once again. After looking it up quickly on one of those sites, apparently 200 gold is $34.

So for 900-1000 gold, you're looking at $153-170. After we did that math, he's not so sure anymore. That's enough money for a brand new Xbox or at least 10 more months of WoW.

Is anyone here going to forsake all that $$$ and actually get their level 60 mount?

I could see doing it maybe when the price was like 100 gold = $5 or something, but not at these ridiculous prices.

There's really nothing else to spend money on in the game. All the high end gear is bind on pickup, so you can't AH it. I hit 60 two months ago and I haven't bought anything other than arrows and repairs.

i have 330 gold on main, 24 gold on main alt and 25g on my second

i only have 3 pieces of my set but we're running MC a lot. 20+ drops so far and still running strong. so ill probably be more likely to get the epic set pieces

Bleh, I'm a miner/master axesmith so $ has come pretty easy. I've had my epic mount a while now and I'm back up over 250g with little trouble. Not sure what gold is good for atm, but I've heard Blizzard mention things like improved armor and weapons for NPCs in the BGs, fort upgrades, etc.

Bodom - How many people are you guys getting together for MC? I'm tired of doing xyz instance runs, and I'd love to give MC a whirl.

Fool said:
There's really nothing else to spend money on in the game. All the high end gear is bind on pickup, so you can't AH it. I hit 60 two months ago and I haven't bought anything other than arrows and repairs.
it's either gold or accounts, pretty much...

Bodom said:
no. 40.

but we've had the instance reset itself twice.

k, that's what I thought. :p We can't get 40 good people together for a MC raid on Bleeding Hollow. Alliance is very divided atm...tons of very small guilds.

Fool - 5 days I thought..

Last edited:
Back