Got to see onyxia fall.

Nehi_Peach said:
if you read the strat we use, you do not aoe the whelps. the ONLY time you ever have to aoe whelps is when someone gets tossed into the eggs and spawns 10-20+ of those things, otherwise not enough of them come out that the melee on the sides cant handle.

bodom, we did several attempts at her and have done phase two many times and have kept her from breathing not even once.

Definitely an interesting (and obviously valid) strat. We're going more with the rogue dps in the second stage but i'll see what they think of your way.

I still don't get how you stop the deep breath. It is a spell with cast time that the damage interupts? Or are you just doing so much dps that the 2nd stage doesn't last very long.

Also we were planning on having warriors execute>rage pot>execute>bloodrage>execute, etc etc, to bring her down real quick in phase3. Is this a valid strat?

kyuss said:
the problem mikey, is that you're not on archimonde :]]]

my bro has his priest to 15. i started a mage and we're teaming up every now and then. come join the fun!

I'd love to check out horde side. I've been leveling my priest (32 now) to have a char to play with my gf (her priest is 35) and my roommate quit playing and gave me his 39 warrior. I've been running 2 clients and playing the priest/war combo. If you ever want to hop on Tichondrius again Jeff and Zach are 60 also. We could hook you up w/cash, loots and some PL sessions :)

Bodom said:
are her breaths on random timers tho?

and just the dots and nuking makes the stage shorter so she doesnt have as much time to do it. or is someone actually positive DoTs actually prevent it

It actually stops the deep breath completely.

AutoMiss said:
ewww you are in exiled...what is your char name

yeah a lot of people seem to tell me ewwwwwwwww. be curious to know why. :)

i have friends in it that i play with and theres people in the guild that are cool and i enjoy playing with. i know that i wouldnt be seeing the high end content so regularly if i wasnt in this guild. (roommate who played closed beta got me in)

my main is Nehie

Draynar said:
so basically if no one uses melee attacks in phase 2 she wont deep breath?

its not so much melee, its that you need to continously pound her (with range). there seems to be a trigger where if shes left hovering up there and not taking enough damage she will constantly let those breathes loose.

phase 1: let your tank get aggro and a good amount of hate (we also have an offtank who hits at her as well so hes always at the #2 spot on the hate list), melee goes in only for short bursts at a time and ranged keeps their dps moderate and attacks more constantly then melee. (always stay at her sides and never in front of her: breath or her tail: big sweeping dmg and knock back)

phase 2: at 65% she will walk to the back and fly, prior to and at the actual "walking" part, melee goes in and DPSes the hell out of her as much as possible then runs back to the sides. Melee is now on whelp duty because whelps will come in intervals out of the eggs to attack.

ranged positions themselves dynamically and hunters/mages/locks/priests nuke and dot the hell out of onyxia. at 40% she will land again.

phase 3: the hardest phase - when she starts to land, all atks MUST stop, the main tank needs to regain aggro ASAP and move her back into position. this phase is very much like phase 1 cept for 3 things:
* the ground is now spurting lava that dmgs you, you must avoid standing on the cracks at all costs.
* onyxia uses random AoE Fear and will fear you. there are spots you can stand that spread you far enough away from cracks so you dont run over them out of control when a lil lava spurt comes flying out, you will have to dynamically adjust your positioning. there are spots ranged can stand to stay away from fear and continue to nuke once the main tank has her.
always good to have a dwarf priest w/fear ward or shaman with tremor totem? to help the tank not get feared and stay in control.
*whelps will also be coming and the other melee need to keep them in check.

always take as much caution not to get knocked into the egg area cuz spawning too many whelps can lead to a wipe. same thing for not standing too far back. the warders will be respawned during the length of the battle and if someone back there aggros one = wipe.

other tips: stack as much fire/stam gear as possible
bring greater fire resist pots for everyone
bring as much major health and mana pots for everyone as possible
lots of bandages too

stay focused, maintain control, adapt, and have fun :D when we first killed her the yelling and shouting in vent lit up and went crazy like hell. it was a good raiding weekend for our guild: killed onyxia, magmadar and gehennas.

ZenTseTse said:
i have a lvl 40 rogue and sorta fear taking him to 60 at this time, mostly cuz of the PERCEPTION around rogues.

i also have a lvl 60 warlock, and locks have similar issues (the masses dont get it).

however, this makes a ton of sense to me so far. i see rogues as crisis managers for melee. MC has a ton of adds and spawns which must be killed ASAP. rogues are ideal for such fights where you cant be wasting critical mana/etc on the ADDs but need them to vanish fast... especially when mobs go to the rear and attack healers/casters.

finally, ive said it before and ill say it again... i HAVE seen rogues equipped and stacked well enough to be secondary assists, if not played (trusted) as MAs.

Good lord. Get a job.

man we would be doing the same this week but last night we got locked out of both core and onyxia. game fucking hates us. Good points on onyxia we already do the exact same thing on phase one ironically even the second tank being on hate list. PHase 2 was causing some issues but with knowledge we can prevent deep breath will help.

Phase 3 as horde will prolly go same as magmadar. 4 shamans and mt and stagger tremor totems. basically never get feared longer then .2 seconds.

Fact: if you kill onyxia, you can currently do her again the next day. There is currently no cooldown.

Back