New Sword Set

Vermillion1 said:
I use mostly daggers just for openers in PvP, on raids (like UBRS for example) I use the sword set. I use mainly cheapshot and kidney shot to help lock down enemies for a bit, while throwing out some 300-650pt SS's, with a bit of feint sprinkled ontop to avoid agro. Usually my job is to keep the caster npcs in check (CS, KS, Kick, Blind, etc etc), especially those pesky summoners in UBRS.

If we have no warlocks (or lack of DoT classes) Ill use mainly garrote and rupture to do high damage, but keep agro low.

well using that julie dagger for ambush is gimped dmg then, especially if its for pvp dude.
energy moves reply on the weapon's damage range and its speed, so for backstab/ambush to be at its best you want the hardest hitting / slowest dagger you can find, which is what makes the barman shanker so good for how easily you can farm it.

I think one of our guild smiths is getting close to having the HS Plans... so... :shrug:

Been focusing mostly on high-end raiding to gear up for BG anyhow. PvP is extremely boring at this point. You can only kill back and forth so much for a net gain of nothing, before it just looses its flare.

Maniacal said:
Keris of Zul'serak > Barman Shanker

Both dot, but keris is only 10 seconds.. Barman has a 30 second dot... that will ruin your gouges/blinds...
Eh, the DoT sucks, but I rarely use gouge in normal PvP anyway, as cloth wearers are my primary targets and they die with the first evis.

Besides, shanker has a higher crit damage bonus, and more than 50% of my ambush/backstabs are crits.

Last edited:
Vermillion1 said:
I think one of our guild smiths is getting close to having the HS Plans... so... :shrug:
Heartseeker isn't the kind of weapon you can just ask a guildmate for. It's been known to sell for well over 500g.

I don't care how much money you made farming SM, paying that kind of money for a dagger when you could get a shanker for free is just retarded.

But I'm sure the heartseeker looks REALLY cool, and that's what matters.

Dyno said:
Heartseeker isn't the kind of weapon you can just ask a guildmate for. It's been known to sell for well over 500g.

I don't care how much money you made farming SM, paying that kind of money for a dagger when you could get a shanker for free is just retarded.

it doesnt look that cool, the demon blade of xxx daggers have the same graphic.
and i know what your cool looking comment is referring to. ;)

i hope you have mining bud, cuz i had to get mining and mine and farm the majority of the mats myself, my guild helped me in the end with some diamonds and pre-transmuted arcanite that i exchanged for the majority of the crystals i had to borrow from another friend.

Dyno said:
Eh, the DoT sucks, but I rarely use it in normal PvP anyway, as cloth wearers are my primary targets and they die with the first evis.

Besides, shanker has a higher crit damage bonus, and more than 50% of my ambush/backstabs are crits.

Anyone using a amb/bs build should have at least 50% chance to crit on bs and 65% chance to crit on ambush... the shanker doesn't give you any "crit damage bonus" it merely increases the base number used to generate your crit bonus (and that still isnt much... Keris has a max damage of 93, shanker 95)...

Maniacal said:
Anyone using a amb/bs build should have at least 50% chance to crit on bs and 65% chance to crit on ambush... the shanker doesn't give you any "crit damage bonus" it merely increases the base number used to generate your crit bonus (and that still isnt much... Keris has a max damage of 93, shanker 95)...
Weapon speed is factored in when calculating a crit bonus. Keris is 1.80, shanker is 2.00.

Dyno said:

Uh, items and money flow like water in my guild. Its like 75 people and 75% of those people are 55+ with like 50% of that being Level 60.

Vermillion1 said:
Uh, items and money flow like water in my guild. Its like 75 people and 75% of those people are 55+ with like 50% of that being Level 60.
What's your point? The materials are still very expensive and it's very time consuming to make.

Dyno said:
What's your point? The materials are still very expensive and it's very time consuming to make.
yeah but there's no evil horde to gank him when he's mining, haven't you heard?

Blizzard is so not creative. But it's fun to spot all the refferences to Diablo 2 in the item sets and things...

This is exactly like the bul kathos set.

Back