[2017] Tribes1 Stuff - Full configs, add-ons and FAQ's by groove - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [2017] Tribes1 Stuff - Full configs, add-ons and FAQ's
Page 1 of 3
groove
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 07-26-2017, 19:09
Dare's 'Tribes Install Thread and Troubleshooting and INTERPOLATE' thread is very useful but its a little hard to follow and has a lot of old/dead links. So i'm making a new one - but its a work in progress, i'll add stuff and fill out missing parts over time. I'll probably remember my own stuff best - so feel free to point out other stuff that you guys think should be included.

BASIC, STOCK 1.40 DOWNLOAD
with fixes and maps - by Plasmatic:
[ATTENTION NEWCOMERS] DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION OF TRIBES IN HERE by Plasmatic

note: Sept 16, 2018: the link to the download in that thread seems to be broken. i have rehosted it here:
Tribes1.40.655_SP1_OC3.zi p

OTHER FULL CONFIG DOWNLOADS
(user-made configs)
(recent - kinda sorted by release date)

Retro Tribes 1.41 Installer by Groove
ProConfigVol4 by Laughing-Stork
ProConfigVol3 by Laughing-Stork
T1 Basic 2.0 (2017 edition) by Groove
Grey Config by Groove
Bins Aspie Config by Groove & Binswees (scriptGL config)
ProConfigVol2 and Setup Tips by Laughing-Stork
Moove Tribes by Milk-Man (scriptGL config)
(Dare's config) dis my tribe dl dare tribes by pancake
TRIBES 2015 by FSB-SPY
Tribes HD v2 by DaJ4ck3L
Config for Tribes Ascend players by AFireInAsas (scriptGL config)
2 Configs with AfterHope - No ScriptGL by Groove
Mini Milk-Man config by Groove (scriptGL config)

(older configs below here)

annihilation.info/tribes0
Tribes Full game Fully Patched by insurtia - TribalWar Forums
http://www.iateyourbaby.com/twdemos/...ibesConfig.zip
Tribes 1.40.655 file - Mod DB
Index of /downloads/TRIBES_Downloads/Tribes_1.40/Tribes1.40_GameDownloads/Tribes1.40_SS/Tribes1.40.HQ
Download Tribes

High Resolution skin add-on packs
Hi-Res Terrains: Index of /damaster/HD Collection/(8 bit) Terrains
Hi-Res Base textures: hires_textures.v2.32.zip (needs and includes the hi-res textures plugin and pluginloader)
Hi-Res Armors: Index of /damaster/HD Collection/HQ Base Armors
Misc skins and reticles: Index of /twdemos/Groove/skins

Plugins
[T1] Tribes 1 Plugins thread by Groove - TribalWar Forums
PluginLoader: rasadhlp_autopluginloader _v2.zip
PluginFIX: Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix _REG.zip (needed for plugins to work on windows 8 or higher)

1.41 "AfterHope" anti-cheat .exe
more details about AfterHope in this thread
Tribes.AfterHope.1.41.zip

Last edited by groove; 12-18-2018 at 22:49..
Sponsored Links
groove
VeteranXX
Old
2 - 07-26-2017, 19:12
Tribes 1 FAQ:

1) Does Tribes 1 work with Windows Vista/7/8/10?
- Older versions (pre-1.40) need the 'vista' fix, otherwise your mouse won't work. VistaMem.rar (extract mem.dll to your Tribes folder)
- Plugins (see FAQ #5) need a registry patch to work in 8/10 Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix _REG.zip

2) Why does Tribes 1 mouse input feel so slow/soupy/wrong/(janky lol)?
- T1's 'VSYNC' setting does not work, and Tribes feels very bad with VSYNC on. turn off VSYNC globally in your graphics card options. If you're only getting 60 FPS in Tribes1, you're gonna have a bad time.
-Some Intel drivers don't allow turning off VSYNC anymore - only 'application controlled'. AFAIK Tribes's VSYNC setting only worked for Glide graphics cards - you probably will not be able to disable VSYNC. If someone finds a fix for this, let me know!

3) Do i need to use a 'modern' build of Tribes, or can i use my old config?
- you can use whatever you want. afaik no servers enforce any kind of client-version requirement. some servers may show 1.41 'afterhope' users, and scan them for cheats to prove you're a 'clean' player, but its not required.
- however, modern configs may run better on modern systems - try one out, you might like it!

4) I can load up Tribes, and my mouse works fine, but I dont see any game servers? whats up?
- you probably have old/dead master servers.
-New Master Server by pancake - TribalWar Forums

5) What are 'plugins'? How do i use them?
-Plugins are community-made .dlls that make changes to Tribes like a script or mod, but usually they make changes to the actual .exe. Instead of patching the .exe manually, we use 'plugins', which we store in a /plugins subfolder

-We load plugins with another .dll we usually refer to as the 'pluginloader' or 'autopluginloader', made by NoFiX and later updated by the community. This 'pluginloader' is called 'rasadhlp.dll' and is placed in the /Tribes folder with the .exe. Older versions of rasadhlp.dll load plugins manually by adding switches to your Tribes.exe shortcut. Newer versions automatically load all .dlls stored in /plugins.

-PluginLoader works by hijacking a windows .dll. In particular, it hijacks rasadhlp.dll - the 'Remote Access AutoDial Helper' - this was used to prompt to 'dial' an internet connection if you didn't have one. In windows 7 or below, this .dll would load from the Current Working Directory first, allowing for people to replace or 'hijack' that .dll with their own. In win8+ the path to rasadhlp.dll is set in the registry and doesn't look in the current working directory, so pluginloader doesn't load and plugins dont load Therefore we need a registry patch for our .dll hijack to work in Windows 8/10.

-Some major Windows 10 patches will revert this registry setting (and many others) back to default and plugins will stop working again. This usually happens with the 'anniversary' updates. After these major updates, you will have to re-install the PluginFix.

rasadhlp_autopluginloader _v2.zip
Tribes_win8or10_PluginFix _REG.zip

6) What is 'scriptGL' and how are scriptGL configs different?
- scriptGL is a plugin made by greyhound that allows users/scripters to draw stuff on top of Tribes. It allows more freedom to use fancy fonts and do neat graphical stuff that was hard/impossible w/o it - but scriptGL is old now and unsupported, so it may not work properly with modern graphics drivers. symptoms of this may include crashes on Tribes startup, and text or grahpical glitches that may or may not flicker. if you have trouble with scriptGL configs, use one that doesn't have scriptGL

7) What is 'interpolate' or 'NetSet' ? is it legal/acceptable?
- yes, currently interpolate or 'netset' is 'legal' and 'acceptable' - if you want to use it, use it.
- 'interpolate' and 'predictforwardtime' were controversial netcode-related settings that determine how much Tribes interpolates data between known points (leading to 'smoother' player movement) and how much Tribes tries to predict where players will be. Changing these settings from stock became viewed as a cheat, so community patches like 1.30 locked these variables. later, 1.40 was released, which had a new method of prediction - it uses your ping to dynamically determine what the 'best' net-settings are. Some people don't like these values and wanted to change them again - so NoFiX made the 'NetSet' plugin, which once again allows end-users to set their own netsettings manually.

8) When i start Tribes, i can't move my mouse/the window is flickering!
-this can happen with scriptGL configs. try a non-scriptGL config
-you may have windows text scaling set higher than 100%. to fix this issue for Tribes only (without having to go make all fonts small again), right-click Tribes.exe and then click Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings, and then click OK. You can also try checking off 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP Service Pack 2'. If both those fail, try setting fonts back to 100% in your display settings (?).

Last edited by groove; 08-03-2019 at 12:08.. Reason: updated plugins faq with more detail and links + added info about Intel VSYNC
groove
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 07-26-2017, 19:13
3rd post reserved for other ****

Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 07-26-2017, 19:13

vamp
Veteran++
Old
5 - 07-26-2017, 23:31
based gruv

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 09-01-2017, 10:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
3rd post reserved for other ****
Spoiler

[TR]-Psychosis
Old
7 - 12-13-2017, 10:10
T1 Base, Insomniax, Renegades and Shifter servers now online.
T1 Ladders coming soon (hopefully completed in January).
Match play expected to start in January as well.

-defiance
Veteran²
Old
8 - 12-22-2017, 19:31

Last edited by -defiance; 12-23-2017 at 05:03..
senzu
VeteranX
Old
9 - 01-26-2018, 20:26
Hey Groove do you still recommend your 2017 Tribes download, or have you changed a lot since then?

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 01-29-2018, 11:43

wtf eat apples
VeteranXX
Old
11 - 02-05-2018, 23:45
we need updates. new configs and new hi rez **** plz

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 02-06-2018, 10:35
Spoiler

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 02-06-2018, 12:53
I miss NoFix

Last edited by Plasmatic; 01-16-2023 at 23:22..
Sysorex
VeteranX
Old
14 - 04-13-2018, 17:32
Hmmmmmz

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
15 - 08-02-2018, 02:45
could you link to 1.41 somewhere directly in this thread? i just reinstalled and it's harder to find than you'd think. someone not looking for it explicitly would never know it existed much less where to get it.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 08-04-2018, 21:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyung View Post
could you link to 1.41 somewhere directly in this thread? i just reinstalled and it's harder to find than you'd think. someone not looking for it explicitly would never know it existed much less where to get it.
yeah im sure there's lots of stuff im missing and appreciate any contributions anyone would like to make to add to the thread/faq

i put a link in and a link to the original thread, but afaik its already included in every config linked (at least all the recent ones)

if its missing from a particular config, let me know and i'll drop it in

also if you have some kind of write-up or more details or changes you'd like included, either post it here or pm me and i'll copy pasta it

could probably use a little blurb in the FAQ

rotochop
Old
17 - 08-10-2018, 09:13
gj being redundant in a 20 year old game

if you're gonna self promote at least add in the older stuff you're replacing like all the anti lag client prefs **** and all the netsettings configuration

tbh most of these configs suck compared to stock 1.41 because they have bloatware,

thank you for being open enough to editing the thread and including stock 1.41 right at the top in bold because prior to that the thread was basically a marketing attempt for your own config until opsayo told you otherwise

Last edited by rotochop; 08-10-2018 at 09:21..
agew
Old
18 - 08-10-2018, 10:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotochop View Post
tbh most of these configs suck compared to stock 1.41 because they have bloatware
funny thing you should say that because dis my tribe dl dare tribes by pancake your config is 1.48GB big, out of which 1.37GB are voicepacks.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 08-10-2018, 13:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotochop View Post
gj being redundant in a 20 year old game

if you're gonna self promote at least add in the older stuff you're replacing like all the anti lag client prefs **** and all the netsettings configuration

tbh most of these configs suck compared to stock 1.41 because they have bloatware,

thank you for being open enough to editing the thread and including stock 1.41 right at the top in bold because prior to that the thread was basically a marketing attempt for your own config until opsayo told you otherwise
plasmatics stock config has always been the first and in big bold all capital letters and i didn't change anything about that

afaik i linked every config i could find and asked people to suggest ones that i missed. if you have any that you'd like added, just let me know - they're arranged by release date so there's no prioritization of one persons config over another

my faq explains that scriptGL is old unsupported and i labeled all the scriptGL configs to dissuade people from using them

my 3 'basic' configs and the grey config (the ones i personally recommend when asked) have very minimal scripting, barely anything more than a stock config and sometimes even less.

afaik all my configs have netset installed and working AND i included an FAQ question about netset

and im more than glad to add anything that people suggest, so if you have specific things you want changed or added, as i said just paste me what you want in there and i'll do it but i haven't played T1 in like 2+ years so dont expect me to proactively write new content or essays about the best netsettings etc (even tho ive probably spend 2-5 hours every week for the last 10 years helping people with netset - its literally the most common question i get and the vast majority of people are using completely broken settings).

but i'd be glad to paste in whatever you or anyone else writes on whatever topic that you think would be helpful to new players. feel free to write new FAQ's or long detailed explanations of things and i'll put them wherever you want them.

Last edited by groove; 08-10-2018 at 13:10..
Laughing-Stork
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 08-10-2018, 13:10
If that isn't dare it is prob one of the SA members he warned us about. We should ban these accounts according to dare.

Page 1 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page [2017] Tribes1 Stuff - Full configs, add-ons and FAQ's

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
groove is awesome