maps

1.11 + editor(); in the consol

making a map in 1.40 works too but cant be hosted by a real server because theyre all 1.30 i think then u have to convert them to 1.40 for people to download the client version
its a real hassle

maybe im wrong and the servers are 1.40 now though and there isnt a need for this conversion bullshit

Map editing http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/index.php/Starsiege_Tribes
Use the following steps to make or change your maps, or to make new ones. You will first have to host a game. Select the map that you want to change. Go you the folder where they are located and copy the .MIS and .DSC file of the desired map. Paste it in that folder and rename it to any desired name, but both have to be the same. If you are online it is a good idea to set a password. Once in a game, press ~ mark to bring up the game prompt. Then type in exec(editor); then press [Enter]. You should see nothing. Press ~ again to get rid of the game prompt. Press 6 and then hold E until you get above the map. Here is a list of the commands that should get you started. It may take awhile for you to get to know how to do everything. Note: Do not use the "Relighting" and "New" buttons until you have are used to the editor verywell.
Action Command
Hold and move to rotate view Right Mouse Button
Select object Left Mouse Button
Move forward W
Move back S
Move left A
Move right D
Move up E
Move down C
Options O
Move speed <0-9>
Hide windows [F1]
Inspector mode [F2]
Creator mode [F3]
Terrain editor mode [F4]
Walk through mode [F5]
Help [F9]
Set bookmark [Ctrl] + <0-9>
Go to bookmark [Alt] + <0-9>
Cut [Ctrl] + X
Copy [Ctrl] + C
Paste [Ctrl] + V
Duplicate [Ctrl] + D
Save [Ctrl] + S
Undo move [Ctrl] + Z
Delete object [Ctrl] + [Delete]
New Sim group [Ctrl] + N
Move object vertically [Ctrl] + Left Mouse Button
Rotate object sideways [Shift] + Left Mouse Button
Rotate object up and down [Alt] + Left Mouse Button

Last edited:
take dx

and just move the buildings to diff parts of the main terrain area

we all know almost every bump and wat not of dx, so lets just put the bases in different spot and then we can all make new short routes and wat not and it will be a new map but w balanced stands etc... only tweaking will be spawn points and wat not

please dont listen to dp's suggestion of editing maps that have already been played to death

all of those oc3 maps had terrible boring terrain

the only good thing that came out of that map pack was the new bases he made

if you're going to terrain edit its best to start with a totally flat map, elevate it all by 50-100m then start molding it like a piece of clay to what you want

if you start going for randomly generated terrain hoping to get something good you'll just be repeatedly pressing 1 button for a month and hoping

and the way the terrain editor works in t1 is really fucked so even if you get a good skiable randomly generated map but it needs a few small changes those small changes are connected to the rest of the map terrain like crumpling a sheet of paper so everything else gets effected and changes as well

Last edited:
It's good to save often. You need to reload the map sometimes and make sure the hill you just made didn't get put randomly somewhere else on your map. Happened to me about a month ago so I rage quit.

noones gonna play your shit cheat maps rtcl it is prob secret hillls camped everywhere for u to sit on so vamp cant hit u

when vamp blatantly hacked into my mainframe i had my netset set to 3x what it normally is because of how high my ping is in ryezors football server frmo an hour before and forgot to reset it

so ya that not gon' happen again nope nope nope

anyway

the good advice here is the stuff like editing terrain or shadows turns map client side

Back