4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s) by Shopper47 - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)
Page 8 of 10
LouCypher
VeteranX
Old
141 - 10-23-2010, 13:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they hotfix it and suddenly you've got the gear but can't equip it
That's why I didn't trash my Relentless.

Sponsored Links
PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
142 - 10-23-2010, 13:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they hotfix it and suddenly you've got the gear but can't equip it
I doubt it, you can't arena anymore, so there's no way to increase your rating, and similarly, there's no benefit to having great arena gear since you can't arena. They probably just didn't bother to fix the tooltips.

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
143 - 10-23-2010, 14:05
There's no lasting benefit to getting any gear right now, since you'll replace it at level 81 the way stats have inflated this expansion.

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
144 - 10-23-2010, 16:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
I doubt it, you can't arena anymore, so there's no way to increase your rating, and similarly, there's no benefit to having great arena gear since you can't arena. They probably just didn't bother to fix the tooltips.
I don't usually pvp, so i didn't know this.

I bought the neck and OH for my druid, since they're both close to BiS without doing 25 man ICC.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
145 - 10-23-2010, 20:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
Yeah and even if it was a bug/error why would the shoulders be off-limits? Did they claim back in S2/S3 the reason the shoulders needed more rating than the weapon because the shoulders for more noticeably by players? Maybe they know about it and didn't bother to change it, but kept the shoulders off-limits to show who really arena'd and who just went to buy the gear post-season (like me).

Even then it's 2 months or so to cata, it's all getting replaced before 83 anyway.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
146 - 10-23-2010, 21:02
Still fun for a guy with 5 80s and a **** tonne of honor sitting there

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
147 - 10-23-2010, 21:16
Easy PvP gear will help me sell off WotLK gems before cata at least.

That is, if I resubscribe.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
148 - 10-24-2010, 00:11
What they did is make anything that requires less than a 2000 rating purchasable with out the rating. It's because the arena season is over, and i'm guessing they want people to get into BG's for the rated BG system. Two items are over 2000 rating, the exceptional weapons and the shoulder set piece.

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
149 - 10-24-2010, 02:00
I'm sure the s8 gear thing was intentional. They've pretty much done this for every xpac release. r14 gear for TBC release, sunwell badge gear for Wotlk, and now ICC badge gear/s8 gear.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
150 - 10-24-2010, 14:04
Well yeah, now it's the usual "nerf present content so people get their last shots in before expansion" phase. Except instead of having to nerf boss damage/health across the board they leave the 30% buff in and removed the Chill of the Throne.

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
151 - 10-27-2010, 23:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TS57hIiK9A

Ciceron
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
152 - 10-27-2010, 23:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
Well yeah, now it's the usual "nerf present content so people get their last shots in before expansion" phase. Except instead of having to nerf boss damage/health across the board they leave the 30% buff in and removed the Chill of the Throne.
Keeping Chill of the Throne would make ICC untankable, or extremely hard to keep tanks alive, in 4.0.1.

I'll leave it up to you to figure out why. It wasn't a "make this content more trivial" nerf, it was necessary.

cruncha-
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
153 - 10-28-2010, 02:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suilenroc View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TS57hIiK9A
the **** is going on here?

Suilenroc
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 10-28-2010, 07:51
A bug let the hunter get 30 pets out at once.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
155 - 10-28-2010, 10:36
The character stuck in an animation bug is still there. Last night on my rogue I looked like I was swimming while running around.

Mael
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
156 - 10-28-2010, 14:41
I heard about the ranger pet bug but didn't get to see it. Looks like an awesome bug haha.

As for the swimming animation, I've only noticed it after riding the broom mount.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 10-30-2010, 11:29
I was curious about some of the changes they have been making, I saw this video showing how disc priest can heal by using smite, that is a cool way to heal in 5 mans.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXuH3kuLgiI

xpdnc
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 10-30-2010, 15:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
The character stuck in an animation bug is still there. Last night on my rogue I looked like I was swimming while running around.
Yeah, I dismounted above Dal and ran around in the falling animation, complete with parachute, until I got a random heroic.

DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
159 - 11-06-2010, 01:14
Being disc spec on the priest and smite healing heroics is fun, I have ****ty gear on my priest but I have done 1800 dps while healing, there is more to do than just toss out one spell every couple of fights.

PessimiStick
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
160 - 11-06-2010, 02:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyRabbit View Post
Being disc spec on the priest and smite healing heroics is fun, I have ****ty gear on my priest but I have done 1800 dps while healing, there is more to do than just toss out one spell every couple of fights.
Yeah, it's much more amusing than normal healing.

Page 8 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)

Social Website Bullshit