4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s) by Shopper47 - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)
Page 2 of 10
Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
21 - 10-13-2010, 18:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
Relearning? it took all of like 10 seconds to figure things out. The hardest part is figuring out wtf to glyph, we have alot of flexibility
Going from Old disc to new holy is huge. Chakras, lightwell, holy word, rebalancing of fheal, gheal and heal is huge. **** will take some getting used to. Ive played a priest for over a year and dont think ive ever casted "Heal". Maybe u just picked up ur priest again so u dont have to do much reprogramming...I don't buy for a second u read some patch notes and have it down.

Sponsored Links
TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 10-13-2010, 18:58
did some testing on the PTR, and you also forget i raided priest back when downranking was legit (used to cast heal sometimes wayy back, just depended on the situation)

I've never liked disc, just because I'm stubborn and raided holy for like 5 years ;o

edit: why not stay disc? New barrier and all sorts of wierd ****

Santa
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 10-13-2010, 19:02
each class has its own mana efficient heal. priest has 'heal', you can cast it infinitely without losing mana. I complained about Chakra. I hate watching cooldowns. Don't forget that your holy word chastise turns into a heal itself every 14 secs or so...this makes a big difference. Also you renew is 'renewed' every time you use heal, which is ok i guess.

There is no way, maybe epic gear, that you can reduce the cast time of prayer of mending. Powerword shield is a complete waste of global cooldown and mana currently, it blocks nothing (in cata i'm talking)

I hate what they've done to holy priests. If you play a shaman you just put down your totems, cast earthshield and you are ready to go. Priest you have to wait before pulls (chakra)...its really awkward.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 10-13-2010, 19:12
in cata pw:shield is broken I thought, not taking into account spell power

edit: I've never spent a point in lolwell, no one would use it

Last edited by TheGhost; 10-13-2010 at 19:21..
Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
25 - 10-13-2010, 19:21
I miss SCT.. Parrot is neat but not the same

I crashed again mid-fight, WOO

DK Tanking is frustrating.. It's like relearning to write with your other hand. You keep wanting to switch back and press old buttons; so frustrating.

KI
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 10-13-2010, 19:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpdnc View Post
I thought druid healing would be gimped without treeform, but if I don't use healing touch, I literally cannot spend mana fast enough.

I sat in Org and spam healed everyone in sight and couldn't get below 90% mana.

I gained about 2000 dps in cat form as well.
After playing with druid healing @ level 85 in a few non heroics in the beta, I was extremely worried.. now with 4.0.1 I don't see an issue atm, but damn if I wasn't hooked on spamming nourish for a long time.. my brain is having to re-write healing a little bit..

For feral, I've noticed a little drop in dps, which is why I quoted you.. my mechanics have changed quite a bit.. savage roar only on white, fericous bite crits are like lolbad, bleeds are where it's at.. I regemmed for all agi and changed most of my crit on gear to mastery to check it out.. Dps isn't bad but it feels lower than it should to me comparitively

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 10-13-2010, 20:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhost View Post
did some testing on the PTR, and you also forget i raided priest back when downranking was legit (used to cast heal sometimes wayy back, just depended on the situation)

I've never liked disc, just because I'm stubborn and raided holy for like 5 years ;o

edit: why not stay disc? New barrier and all sorts of wierd ****
Well then it's all fresh to you. It's a bit easier to take in when you don't have the habits or specific roles down for a fight.

From what I've gathered holy is better for pve raids and that's what I like to do. I'll get my disc spec going eventually but I do like the new feel of holy, for now.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
28 - 10-13-2010, 21:58
i just filled my entire screen with green healing on aoe fights, wow ;o

TooL
Veteran²
Old
29 - 10-13-2010, 22:03
warrior, mage, or warlock????

haven't even played WoTLK

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 10-13-2010, 22:15
My coworker's guildie (who carries his guild 10s team despite leaders giving him terrible players who are GFs to officers) was on vent with us last night and he has a geared resto druid for both PvE and PvP. He was complaining non-stop about how he is getting dropped/killed within 3 - 5 seconds and every other class getting massive crits on him. Apparently he wasn't used to getting killed and why not? Before he could just roll HoTs and lol, but he was pretty annoyed about dying in BGs/arena now.

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
31 - 10-14-2010, 00:02
How are well geared hunters doing?

I was doing avg 11-13k as Survival on boss fights when I quit ... maybe 15% or 20% buff in ICC?

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 10-14-2010, 01:18
its the caster show right now, its how awesome caster dps is, smaq was having to get salvs on him left and right

Mode
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 10-14-2010, 01:56
Frost is utter garbage except on AoE trash. Unholy has good single-target dps.

Surge
VeteranX
Old
34 - 10-14-2010, 04:04
mage is pretty fun to play.. mage armor glyph + arcane spec is hilarious. endlessly spamming arcane blast without losing mana

all casters & DK seem to be doing crazy damage.. ive heard ret has been nerfed or stuff is bugged, but i just hopped on my resto shaman to see what healing is like now and in FoS had a moonkin do 13k and a ret pally do 11k so im not too sure

my friends lock was sustaining 15k on the boss dummy. kept dying in ICC while i was watching on stream because the TPS with searing pain is ridiculous his DPS and other casters in the guild were 20k+ from what i was watching

resto shaman healing (at least in heroics) is pretty.. easy. i was hearing complaints about mana problems so out of boredom i went on my shaman and tried it out. the new "efficient" heal for me is doing about 6k, and i can spam it endlessly without losing any mana whatsoever. chain heal seems to have eaten a nerf, with the initial hit doing less and CH doing less overall.. but whatever, it was critting for like 7.5k when i was hitting myself with it

here is my shaman if you were curious about my stats

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
35 - 10-14-2010, 04:06
My Mage, Hunter, and Ele Shaman are enjoying the patch. The new Unholy DK pet is fun. 25 pet stable is LOL.

Only had to drop about 600 gold into regems/re-enchants and reforging, which was nice.

Kinda waiting for my guild to get their **** together, the client and server to stabilize, and glyph prices to mellow out before I can really get a bead on the new state of the game. Our only raid so far was Ignis for the weekly and it was a total joke.

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 10-14-2010, 09:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mode View Post
Frost is utter garbage except on AoE trash. Unholy has good single-target dps.
I wouldn't say utter garbage

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
37 - 10-14-2010, 10:54
I'm having a lot of fun with DW Frost (other than forcing me into some trash talents). I found my dps went up a nice chunk. DKs are just more confusing now with rune management and using certain skills to pop others. I'm still frustrated tanking (still feels like trying to write with my bad hand). I end up running diseaseless after the first pull and using DS more than anything else (with RS and DC as much as possible). It's getting better, but I still want to keep diseases up and I miss Howling Blast for insta-aoe threat. Pulling free BBs off PS is nice though and is filling the gap.

I am retarded(ly bad) with my mage though. I respecced fire to try it, I have about 5.2 gs, and I just suck. What should my rotation be? What should I be stacking? I'm at 2800 sp, 20% haste, 400 hit and 37% crit. Mastery is 8.0 I believe? 25% bonus to periodic dmg.

So far I am popping Living Bomb, then fireball until pyro procs, hit that, then hit combustion to try to max my double-dots but I'm still at around the 6k dps range. I was pulling 9-12k before as arcane :s

TEACH ME THE WAYS.

TheGhost
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 10-14-2010, 11:13
Ret Paladin (as of last night) really sucks. Single target DPS went down with the patch, and I don't think its a matter of figuring it out. I did alot of testing on mine, and completely stationary, I tried it with using templa's verdict with both 2 and 3 holy power setups, ensuring i popped exorcism insta cast when up, using all cooldowns (when you pop wings you get your hammer now, which is cool), and dps still tanked.

My weapon isn't the best 4.0, the 2hander drop from LK 25 regular was the best weapon before heroic 25, and there is like a waiting list on those still, and I'm raiding on my priest now anyway

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-14-2010, 11:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
I'm having a lot of fun with DW Frost (other than forcing me into some trash talents). I found my dps went up a nice chunk. DKs are just more confusing now with rune management and using certain skills to pop others. I'm still frustrated tanking (still feels like trying to write with my bad hand). I end up running diseaseless after the first pull and using DS more than anything else (with RS and DC as much as possible). It's getting better, but I still want to keep diseases up and I miss Howling Blast for insta-aoe threat. Pulling free BBs off PS is nice though and is filling the gap.

I am retarded(ly bad) with my mage though. I respecced fire to try it, I have about 5.2 gs, and I just suck. What should my rotation be? What should I be stacking? I'm at 2800 sp, 20% haste, 400 hit and 37% crit. Mastery is 8.0 I believe? 25% bonus to periodic dmg.

So far I am popping Living Bomb, then fireball until pyro procs, hit that, then hit combustion to try to max my double-dots but I'm still at around the 6k dps range. I was pulling 9-12k before as arcane :s

TEACH ME THE WAYS.
This is strange because this is the opposite of what I would have wrote.

DK Tanking is now super easy (it was easy before as well as blood with WoTN buff), and while the rune management is a bit different, it shouldn't be too difficult once people get used to the priority system.

Mage dps is ridiculous, only after moonkins and maybe swd-trigger-happy spriests. I saw Adroit's logs earlier with him doing some nice numbers, maybe he can give you better advice, as mage is not my main.

BrokenWear
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 10-14-2010, 11:20
I logged in, redid everything, converted my stats over to mastery so i'd be worth a **** on my shammy, but 80% of my addons are still broken all to hell so i haven't tried raiding or anything yet... we'll have to see how it all plays out i guess. hopefully i'll be able to make the sunday raid this week, had to work last sunday which is super rare.

Page 2 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page 4.0.1 THoughts (**** someone else make a thread :s)

Social Website Bullshit