4.0.1 THoughts (Fuck someone else make a thread :s)

Shopper47

Veteran X
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are thus-far?

I've only played my DK and I can tell you this:

Frost DW dps went up about 3k for me. I was pulling 9k in H-VH on bosses and my gear is only about 5k gs. I gained about 8k HP in dps spec too.

Tanking is... completely different, kind of gay and kind of fun. I sit RP capped within 2 seconds and it fills basically constantly so you might want to add Death Coil to your Rune Strike/Other Attack stack macros. Literally nonstop spamming of RS and DC. There isn't much need for diseases and pestilence is pretty homosexual with it's 50% nerf (and needing to use that new strike to reapply is just a waste of a button imo). Blood Boil is pretty badass now though since you can chain spam it with proper PS manipulation. I also gained about 15k HP in tank spec.

A lot of my shit is broken and some of it just doesn't seem to exist in 4.0.1 (where is sexymap and SCT? DBM says it's updated but the new version is still OOD :**( ). I've crashed 4x so far too, the first time when I clicked to load out of date add-ons, once trying to enter H-Occ, and twice zoning in Dal. Maybe it had something to do with the phased D/Ling because my modem was having a shit-fit when these crashes occured.

Glyph system is neat and luckily most are crazy cheap (picked up 10 for about 6g each). A few things to remember:

Your new skills and spells are not active or trained by default. EVERYONE SHOULD VISIT THEIR CLASS TRAINER IMMEDIATELY. You'll get your armor spec, talent spec, cata skills etc.

The DK Frost tree is full of near-useless bullshit. Some is PVP-based and some is trivial. Yet Frost spec (the literal button) is 15% dmg and UH is still the speed/haste buff (pvp imo). I dunno, I would have reversed them.

You will need to reset your macros too since spell ranks no longer exist. And if you crash you lose everything you customized so I recommend fixing everything and then exiting WoW, and then relogging.

The new Raid UI is annoying as shit, and most of you may have the little arrow to customize it hidden. It's on the far left of your screen and you can unlock and manage the form.

its crazy re-learning everything again
the play style is so different (priest)

it's kind of fun being newbie again and it seems the class is more interesting (disc priest bubbling was pretty mind-numbing)
i just hope we dominate still, i think we'll be ok but its so early

Prot pallies are very different now but it's not too shabby. They kept saying it would require paying attention and it does. Once you figure out how your to use the skills now it's not too difficult to hold threat, though if DPS focuses one trash not your target while doing AoE they will pull off you. But blizz says that's now a L2P issue on part of DPS now. But you can usually grab it back with a 2/3 SoR. And I do like word of glory, in my gear now with 3 Holy Power it's a nice, instant 9500 heal to anyone free of mana. It helps keep you topped off if the healer slips up on you or allows you to throw a quick spot heal.

I haven't tried ret yet though, people are saying it's even more OP than it was when Wrath started but you have to pay attention to do it. No more mashing 2 - 3 buttons to win, and that's what they are complaining about.

On my server glyphs are crazy expensive, but I have a 450 scribe who did know all the glyphs pre-4.0. But it seems there is more to learn as I picked up another doing Northrend Research. Gonna grab a mastery book too, see if there's more in there. Nearly all the paladin minors are useless though, I only see the LoH one that cuts it by 2 minutes and the rest are just 50% mana reductions on blessings and seals.

I haven't really ran anything on my DK yet. (Only Dummy DPS)

Looking forward to the raid tonight to see how terrible I can be for the first couple fights.

I thought druid healing would be gimped without treeform, but if I don't use healing touch, I literally cannot spend mana fast enough.

I sat in Org and spam healed everyone in sight and couldn't get below 90% mana.

I gained about 2000 dps in cat form as well.

druids seem really strong..

Our hots are really short now, not like the 27s we used to get, so it's harder to spam heal an entire raid, but the AOE that comes off swiftmend is awesome, and so are the omen procs off the lifeblooms that never go away when single target healing

One thing I've noticed with priest changes is other classes need to learn our new spells as well. Like lightwell doesnt suck anymore, so people should actually use it now. And holy word: sanctuary (I think that's it) needs to be stood in like a tranquility but it's smaller.

People will catch on but it's annoying ATM because I want to yell at ppl

You coming back from Cata Pessi? I was talking to my boy Blaktron and he misses you.
It's not like I don't still talk to him. There's a lot of rogues that hang out in a chat room.

I'm probably going to do some 10 man crap when it comes out, as long as it doesn't suck.

its crazy re-learning everything again
the play style is so different (priest)

it's kind of fun being newbie again and it seems the class is more interesting (disc priest bubbling was pretty mind-numbing)
i just hope we dominate still, i think we'll be ok but its so early

Relearning? it took all of like 10 seconds to figure things out. The hardest part is figuring out wtf to glyph, we have alot of flexibility

Back