[EQ] Project 1999

Been grouping, making friends

A couple guys from Inglorious Basterds were pulling all of Oasis for my group last night and letting us AoE them down, holding aggro on some Sand Giants, and even Hatar a couple times.

Got at least a level and a half out of it.

That, and I played a Necro up pretty high way back when, so when I'm not grouping soloing 2-3 mobs at a time isn't too difficult.

EDIT: I got lucky and someone gave me a little bit of gear, but fuck this game is actually difficult when you're not twinked and it's actually Classic. Jesus.

Last edited:
Yeah it is hard. I have a small collection of WIS gear on my druid going so far, but nothing special. Some of the spawns in the game are bugged, which kinda sucks..like Pyzjn and Bilge and there may be others.

I'm gonna get on now and play for a couple hours til I have to go to class. I'm out in oasis right now, gonna try to find a group and then sit on my ass and heal for a bit.

I don't think I would ever want to spend a lot of time lvling (especially in a game like EQ) on a free server when it could be taken down whenever.

I don't think I would ever want to spend a lot of time lvling (especially in a game like EQ) on a free server when it could be taken down whenever.

The guy that runs it also runs EQEmu, so it should be up for a while

I play it for what it is right now: a free game. It seems that most people on the server are doing the same thing. People are relatively carefree about dying, even though the penalties are pretty severe, lots of fun conversation, and a lot of the high level guys frequent the noob areas and PL you, give you stuff, etc.

Yeah the people that are playing now are playing for the nostalgia. Everyone's pretty used to the retarded death penalties by now..and honestly as long as you don't get trained or aren't completely retarded, you rarely die.

Lol, ran into Ugbug in uguk randomly yesterday.. that was funny :)

They released a new patch yesterday that fixed the duration on DS and bunch of other stuff.. also opened up Sol Ro as well.

Manastone/DE Mask ect.. are going to be getting nerfed soon :( I was hoping to get a DE mask before, but doesn't look like I will have time.

A PvP server is going up like this in the next week or so. It is classic EQ also but the xp is twice as fast, there isnt gay race/class xp penalties, no "no drop" items, and dual boxing is allowed.

I am waiting for that.

Back