when is season 3?

slick spic

Veteran X
after giving my cable provider notice of a move, my interweb mysteriously went out two weeks before i had asked that it be shut off. because of this, and a subsequent short vacation visiting my parents, i've been away from wow info

so is season 2 still going? any word of it ending soon? i'm willing to bet this info could be found if i spent 30min-1hr looking through blizzard's forums, but it's easier to just ask here

It's still in S2, there's no pending date when S2 ends and S3 begins. Though given the talk I'd say S2 will end around a couple of months, probably around the time of 2.3 or 2.4. That's just my guess though.

Blue said about a month ago that it was currently planned to begin around the same time as 2.3

They also said recently that 2.3 will be coming out sooner than most would expect.

i haven't been paying attention, has there been a blue post re: a required team rating to purchase s3 weapons?

They will haev to start a new season early in 2008 to maintain the Tournament scheduling and such, which means they cant allow Season3 to start too late in the year.

They will start it independent of 2.3 and without new gear, if they must.

So, i'd suspect they are being MORONS and not announcing a date cuz they are so fuckin obnoxious they will wait several more weeks to decide and then give us a '2 week notice' by mid-october.

It's obnoxious because if they would play the fuckin game themselves, they'd realize it's not fair to give less than like a month notice for this... and there is absolutely no reason not to have set dates for seasons. They keep pretending it has to be tied to their patch roll-outs and it doesnt. :(

1850 rating to BUY s3 weapons, 2000 rating to BUY s3 shoulders

are weapons and shoulders the only items that require a min rating? are they implementing anything to prevent people from buying their way onto a team with a high enough rating to buy these items?

Yeah, you'll have a "personal rating" per team. It's based on only the matches you play, not the teams. It resets if you leave or join a team.

coo, thx for the info. where are you guys reading this stuff? i peruse elitist jerks and arena junkies a little bit, but i haven't seen this info (it's also highly probable that its there and i haven't seen it).

edit - just went to ej and saw the link w/blue post discussion. n/m :]

dunno but I saved up 60k plus honor for season 1 gear.

Farming some honor so I can get rid of my Continuum Blade for the Gladiator's Gavel.

Going to be a happy Tankadin, though I'd prefer the s2 Gavel (+spell hit), but I can wait till the next season for that. :)

Back