[Patch]09/25/07

Feannag

Veteran XV
Well this seems like shit now. My usual 45 - 50 FPS framerate seems locked at 15 max, single-digits in populated areas. Some of my friends reported either that or extremely high lag. Already my server's been restarted once to address "gameplay issues".

Anyone else having framerate/lag issues since this new patch?

Been getting bad latency (99 is lowest i will get, can hit up in the 500's in Org)

But my fps is still locked at 60 thanks to my new rig :)

It may just be my home realm (Deathwing). Maybe I'll try my dusty and unused PvP alliance realm or Normal realm and see what happens.

It's probably an issue with your software sound. Try running wow.exe -nosound and check your ping/fps again.

I heard some complaints over on the WoW forums about this, and even if it is in fact the sound I'd bet money it has something to do with the voice comm system. I personally thinking implementing that in a MMO is a bad idea. And yeah checked my realms, roughly the same framerate loss but it does ease up on off-peak hours.

There are numerous issues with on-board sound cards. There are also issues with 5.1/6.1/7.1 speaker setups and the patch.

Most of my guildmates had to apply the latest sound driver patches to get anything close to reasonable performance from their machines.

There are also issues with Nvidia drivers and wow - but that's been happening for awhile.

Well I do have onboard sound but I barely even have 2.1 much less 5, 6, or 7.1. I'll look into it though my onboard sound drivers haven't be updated since... 2002 or so, so I dare say that'll help any. Have ATi here so that's not an issue, and correct if I'm wrong but wasn't WoW one of those "Nividia whores" who threw emblems on their game that it was made for Nvidia?

It's not that, I run wow.exe fine but with the -nosound it won't work. Doesn't matter, I dumped WTF, Cache, and Interface folders and re-installed my addons. I turned off the sound and even turned it on and upped the sound channels. It helped some, but it's still not very close to what I had pre-2.2.

It's not that, I run wow.exe fine but with the -nosound it won't work. Doesn't matter, I dumped WTF, Cache, and Interface folders and re-installed my addons. I turned off the sound and even turned it on and upped the sound channels. It helped some, but it's still not very close to what I had pre-2.2.

"C:\Stuff\WoW.exe" -nosound

The -nosound has to be outside the quotes.

Back