[Patch] The "New" 60 Minutes

Feannag

Veteran XV
Not sure if this was caught yet but apparently this yet but there's an added change to the mail system (Post #31 on that page).

Apparently now it'll take an hour for your AH sale payment to reach you via mail. Supposedly this is now done to "track transactions tp ensure legitimacy". I don't mind as much since I usually post auctions at the end of the session and return later but this is getting silly. There's got to be a better way for Blizzard to try and catch gold farmers/sellers than continually nerfing the in-game mail system.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2.2 Patch Notes said:
Auction House generated emails for successful auction sales will now have a one-hour delay and is no longer instantaneous.

Last edited:
For me it doesn't bother me, I leave crap in the bank all the time and clear out the cash when it is there. It will annoy people that see that their auction sold and think that they can get their gold because they want to bid on something or repair and then find out they have to wait a hour.

There's got to be a better way for Blizzard to try and catch gold farmers/sellers than continually nerfing the in-game mail system.
I guess by "nerfing" here you mean "making worse", but I found the previous round of changes to mail to be most agreeable. I do a lot of shifting around of items between my characters, and having that be instant was most welcome.

I don't expect that this change will bother me, other than the minor annoyance of getting 2 mails instead of 1.

Complete and utter un-care.

I have never run to the mailbox to collect gold after I sold something, I probably wouldn't even notice that this changed, ever.

It's convenient for me because I only have one account that's never been botted that's active. The instant time between toons on the same account helps me a lot too, and I usually have a stash of gold on my bank alt if I need class/profession training or what not. Someone in the Deathwing forum did say this does screw over more the AH players. It'll make it more difficult for them to buy stuff and resell it for a quick profit, so maybe that's not a bad thing.

I'm just a little weary of Blizzzard's often ineffective tactics for reducing/getting rid of gold farmers. Even SoE wised up and made their own sanctioned marketplace for buying items and characters. I mean has anyone played EQ after that happened who would have a first-hand experience on how it affected the game economies?

eh its a slight inconvenience.. noting major.

I heard from a really reliable source that now since botting is tied up in a court case. they are going to crack down super super hard on gold farmers. so expect the mail system to be fucked with constantly.

although when my friend sold his gold off.. they did it all over AIM and face to face trades.

I do think people are acting like it effects them way more than it really does. But then again it is pretty lame when blizzard fucks with the legit paying customer in an attempt to catch the gold seller.

It just screams Patriot Act.

It's not about the extra wait effecting people, as much as we're getting screwed for other people's mistakes.

Take a look at Eve. They saw a problem, and they made it work to their advantage. You can legitimetly buy ISK, and turn ISK into money. All this has been done without a handicap to people that didn't want to trade real money for fake money.

True, but again the only real people besides gold farmers that this changes screws are AH Workers. And that could in turn keep economic inflation down. With the hour long wait it would be more difficult and risky to corner a particular market on items.

Back