Surround Sound Bunged - Help

Shopper47

Veteran X
I know Tsetse is having a similar problem (where things like your flares blow up your speakers and your menus are inaudible, you cant hear spells being cast but those dudes in shat dueling will kick your ears' ass) anyone else having this problem?? Anyone know a fix??

I have heard about forcing 2.1 on your speakers but that to me is bullshit. I had perfect surround sound before.

I had no sound at all after the patch. I have 5.1 surround speakers but had my windows speaker's settings to just 'surround sound'... changing that to '5.1' in the settings got everything working again. Still, it's complete BS having to do that. Especially since it seems like what I did (changing speaker settings) doesn't fix it for everyone.

I had no sound at all after the patch. I have 5.1 surround speakers but had my windows speaker's settings to just 'surround sound'... changing that to '5.1' in the settings got everything working again. Still, it's complete BS having to do that. Especially since it seems like what I did (changing speaker settings) doesn't fix it for everyone.

I have sound. Too bad it sounds like ass.

On a Mac, I'm having issues with tons of missing sounds. Ex.: Simon daily sounds often do not play. Raid buff sounds, when there's ton of buffs going up, go sort of phasy or entirely missing. Little stuff like that is happening all over the place.

My sound was fucked up after the patch as well. I use a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. I reinstalled the newest drivers and it corrected the issue for me. I haven't tested 5.1 yet but I'm house-sitting away from home and only have my headphones to test with. Everything seems back to normal so far though after updating my drivers.

My sound was fucked up after the patch as well. I use a Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. I reinstalled the newest drivers and it corrected the issue for me. I haven't tested 5.1 yet but I'm house-sitting away from home and only have my headphones to test with. Everything seems back to normal so far though after updating my drivers.

WoW Forums -> ***Sound FIXES*** (add yours to the list)

i have that card and posted my solution there. give them a try

Tse I don't consider reducing out of my surround sound as an acceptable way to get sound. I think of it like a bandaid fix. I also love how Creative had a joint ad with Blizzard for the Soundblaster, and it's the majority of their products affected.

Tse I don't consider reducing out of my surround sound as an acceptable way to get sound. I think of it like a bandaid fix. I also love how Creative had a joint ad with Blizzard for the Soundblaster, and it's the majority of their products affected.

I dont think the 2.1 speaker setting is the important part there, but 2.1 would be better than crap sound. If that is the fix, use it.

The problem in my case was the device was set to "emulated" and blizzard's system is unable to manage that and the voice system.

Back