well shit.

Gizmo

Veteran XV
I just reinstalled this game yesterday...not sure why really, but I did.

anyways, running with a druid (never tried it before) I was just wondering what druids normally train in, alchemy? k tnx. hopefully i uninstall this at the end of the month.

skinning, herbalism, mining.

Druids are excellent for gathering and you can make a fortune with epic speed flying and daily routes. If you have gatherer addon, then check out this.

Listen to other druids about leatherworking. If the crafted stuff pwns for raiding and you intend to raid, seriously consider that. You could always go like... skinning/lw and then swap skinning for herbalism/mining once you gear up, if those are more money.

skinning, herbalism, mining.

Druids are excellent for gathering and you can make a fortune with epic speed flying and daily routes. If you have gatherer addon, then check out this.

Listen to other druids about leatherworking. If the crafted stuff pwns for raiding and you intend to raid, seriously consider that. You could always go like... skinning/lw and then swap skinning for herbalism/mining once you gear up, if those are more money.

yes and no.

1 - 69; Make money with mining/skinning/herbalism.
70; Dump one and powerlevel leatherworking.

It's a lot easier that way, and even if you take skinning in the two and dump the other you could simply farm all the materials you'll need or if not (or you're lazy) you will have ample gold to buy mats off AH to powerlevel it.

yes and no.

1 - 69; Make money with mining/skinning/herbalism.
70; Dump one and powerlevel leatherworking.

It's a lot easier that way, and even if you take skinning in the two and dump the other you could simply farm all the materials you'll need or if not (or you're lazy) you will have ample gold to buy mats off AH to powerlevel it.

Yes, while leveling up there is no good reason to level a "craft" in my book. If you want to use the mats, send them to a bank alt for later and sell the rest. There are guides on the profession forum telling you roughly how many mats you need to level, and you can just sell everything else.

When i start new chars, i almost always go mining/skinning while leveling even tho i have no LW and often dont even need the ore. It's about just maximizing $$$ from leveling. I have ore bank alt, herb bank alt, etc. I sometimes pile up mats on those and then cash them in when needed.

My first toon is usually either Mining/Skinning or Mining/Herbalism. If you have a friend who can get you a 20-slot mining bag from Outlands it makes it even easier. I usually end up selling everything I can, because once you have Gatherer or Cartographer mapping out what you pick/mine it's easier to come back at 40 or 60 on a mount and ride around to farm.

This tactic really works best on older realms though, sometimes the newer realms haven't fleshed out enough yet and the gold supply is low so everyone's selling for less. And there's always quirks in the market. Good example where I am now Silk Cloth is selling for 65s - 75s a stack and yet Wool Cloth is going for 1g25s - 1g50s a stack.

Also you should sell whatever usable greens you find (Bear, Tiger, Monkey, Eagle, etc.) even if they are low level. You have no idea how often I wanted to pick up some decent greens for a lowbie alt I was leveling only to find the market for sub-20 non-twink items was a virtual wasteland. Though it is sometimes humorous to see people selling lvl 15 green weapons for 3g - 4g.

Yea, you can almost always sell greens for way above vendor prices even if just as cheap enchant fodder. Whether it is a new server or an old one, you can make money.

I just strongly advise people invest in bags early and NEVER vendor shit "just to clear bags." Send that shit to bank alts and sit on it for days if you must. You can always sell it later when you've got time/energy to really max profit.

Yea, you can almost always sell greens for way above vendor prices even if just as cheap enchant fodder. Whether it is a new server or an old one, you can make money.

I just strongly advise people invest in bags early and NEVER vendor shit "just to clear bags." Send that shit to bank alts and sit on it for days if you must. You can always sell it later when you've got time/energy to really max profit.

Most useless greens I end up breaking anyway and then selling the mats. Enchanting mats are pretty nice since they don't have a vendor value there's no way they can make a deposit for it. Doesn't matter if it's a stack of Strange Dust or a stack of G.P.E.s it never costs anything to put it on auction.

Which reminds me, do all the shards stack in 10s or 20s?

Most useless greens I end up breaking anyway and then selling the mats. Enchanting mats are pretty nice since they don't have a vendor value there's no way they can make a deposit for it. Doesn't matter if it's a stack of Strange Dust or a stack of G.P.E.s it never costs anything to put it on auction.

True.

But that is VERY situational. Some older high pop servers thus have shitloads of people always dumping mats very very cheap. Depending on the specific mat, the server, etc... you may be better off just tossing up greens.

True.

But that is VERY situational. Some older high pop servers thus have shitloads of people always dumping mats very very cheap. Depending on the specific mat, the server, etc... you may be better off just tossing up greens.

I usually don't because the deposit money adds up when it doesn't sell, particularly weapons. Sometimes on days off I'll throw on some 8-hour auctions right as peak time starts, but more oft than not they come back. Only other thing I do is make the initial bid half of what the B.O. is, that way something would just bid to get a deal.

I usually don't because the deposit money adds up when it doesn't sell, particularly weapons.

It should always sell, if you price it in range for enchanters to snag it. That's the whole idea. YOu can always get way above vendor prices. If you can do better than that by DEing then go for it.

I'm just simply sayign you can ALWAYS sell greens for higher than vendor prices.

It should always sell, if you price it in range for enchanters to snag it. That's the whole idea. YOu can always get way above vendor prices. If you can do better than that by DEing then go for it.

I'm just simply sayign you can ALWAYS sell greens for higher than vendor prices.

I'll try that out later, was in hillsbrad getting blood from starving mountain lions and to get 5 blood samples they also dropped like 8 - 10 greens, was just silly. And when you mean vendor price do you mean the price the vendor would take it for or the projected vendor price?

Vendor Price * 4 = Projected Vendor Sale Price

Back