[TribalWarrior on Sci-Fi] Gameshow starts tonight (Tues/Mar10) @ 9cst/10est plzwatch! by SexPistol - Page 76 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [TribalWarrior on Sci-Fi] Gameshow starts tonight (Tues/Mar10) @ 9cst/10est plzwatch!
Page 76 of 77
MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
1501 - 05-03-2009, 23:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflonatron View Post
I still refuse to play consoles to this day. I absolutely will not poison myself with that stupid ass controller joystick setup...it's just so unbearable.

DJ Wheat actually brought this up during Marks interview on L03 (or was it the NoobTV interview, I forget), and said that PC gamers just have to take the plunge and learn to use controllers. I understand the point he was making, and agree with Mark as well. If you want to get into competitive gaming, it's just something you need to learn how to do.

That being said, I'm not attempting to get into competitive gaming. I just can't wrap my head around the restriction such a control setup places on game play.

It also conjures up memories of watching PJ play T1 with a Joystick...
i knew guys that used trackballs for t1 (trackball MOUSE to be specific, beats me what the difference between that and your atari trackball is though)

one guy in my tribe used a fancy joystick setup a panther xl, he swore by it

it was weird i couldnt ever touch anything that wasnt a mouse for tribes it was just way too much movement going on

Sponsored Links
SkittleBrew
VeteranXV
Old
1502 - 05-04-2009, 02:19
The only games I play on console are Guitar Hero/Rockband and the occasional RPG. My friends all sit around all night and day playing CoD4 and World at War, they try to pass the controller to me and I just pass it on. I can't bring myself to play a FPS on the 360.

It's like asking me to play paintball in a wheel chair

Teflonatron
Server Savior5
Contributor
Old
1503 - 05-04-2009, 02:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittleBrew View Post
What an excellent analogy!

old_skul
UVALAN++
Contributor
Old
1504 - 05-04-2009, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkittleBrew View Post
The only games I play on console are Guitar Hero/Rockband and the occasional RPG. My friends all sit around all night and day playing CoD4 and World at War, they try to pass the controller to me and I just pass it on. I can't bring myself to play a FPS on the 360.

At least everyone is in a wheelchair.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
1505 - 05-04-2009, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_skul View Post
At least everyone is in a wheelchair.
That's my biggest problem with the mouse/keyboard "option" for consoles. It doesn't do you any good because they artificially limit the speed in the games anyway. Halo for the PC was annoying as **** because the sensitivity is so low it takes forever to turn with the mouse.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1506 - 05-04-2009, 23:58
congrats SP!

I knew you would win, you played Tribes after all.

I know you are embarrassed to give a shout out to TW in interviews, but I know all these assholes would appreciate it.

WiT
Banned
Contributor
Old
1507 - 05-05-2009, 09:26
Holy **** man.... I had no idea we had a teedub in that show. I actually watched and enjoyed the whole series.

I have to admit but I was pushing for Jamal to win but OMG what a ****ing awesome finale you had with Robert. Such a comeback that I actually got off the couch to stand up and watch when u started your push to win.

Big time gratz and that was so epic when you were able to send the dumb chick home.

This brings back memories of the joe schmoe show "Tribes Vets" represent!!

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
1508 - 05-05-2009, 09:51
i don't understand people who can only use a mouse and keyboard, or those who can only use a joypad for that matter

if you're any good at all at games you should be easily competent with both

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
1509 - 05-05-2009, 09:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
i don't understand people who can only use a mouse and keyboard, or those who can only use a joypad for that matter

if you're any good at all at games you should be easily competent with both
Who is saying you can't be good with both? Everyone is saying that mouse/keyboard is a superior control system. That's pretty much undeniable. As good as someone can be with a game pad, they'd be better on a keyboard (FPS games anyway).

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
1510 - 05-05-2009, 10:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Who is saying you can't be good with both? Everyone is saying that mouse/keyboard is a superior control system. That's pretty much undeniable. As good as someone can be with a game pad, they'd be better on a keyboard (FPS games anyway).
Better is relative. Of course mouse/kb is "better" but then so is everyone else playing the game. On some PC shooters, there are some amazingly fast players out there. I actually like consoles because the playing field is leveled more.

At this point in my life, I'm just gaming for fun and nothing close to competitive competition. I just want to jump on and shoot people.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
1511 - 05-05-2009, 10:07
Remember that one guy that played Tribes with a joystick and foot pedals?

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
1512 - 05-05-2009, 10:07
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflonatron >
I still refuse to play consoles to this day. I absolutely will not poison myself with that stupid ass controller joystick setup...it's just so unbearable.
^ for a start...

Quote:
The only games I play on console are Guitar Hero/Rockband and the occasional RPG. My friends all sit around all night and day playing CoD4 and World at War, they try to pass the controller to me and I just pass it on. I can't bring myself to play a FPS on the 360
imo it's just snobbery from PC nerds who don't want to be shown up by their console playing friends who they regard as inferior

prove your superiority by taking the skills you've gained in years of PC gaming (which give an undeniable advantage over console noobs) and kick their ass with any and every control system to hand

then it's vab, nothing left to prove...

Last edited by coombz; 05-05-2009 at 10:10..
Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
1513 - 05-05-2009, 10:10
I used to make the same "I'll never play shooters on a console" arguments. I was just dead-set against it.

Finally I just went ahead and tried it and now it is fine for me. The learning curve is much shallower than people think. I remember it was a few here who encouraged me to get on and try, and I'm glad I did.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
1514 - 05-05-2009, 10:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
prove your superiority by taking the skills you've gained in years of PC gaming (which give an undeniable advantage over console noobs) and kick their ass with any and every control system to hand
I never had any issues dominating console shooters when I played them. They're a joke.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
1515 - 05-05-2009, 10:22
Quote:
I never had any issues dominating console shooters when I played them. They're a joke.
so you're not too precious to pick up a console controller like all the whiners. good for you?

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
1516 - 05-05-2009, 10:25
I don't play games any more, but like I said I'm merely stating a fact that gamepads are inferior. It's indisputable. Sure a player can be good on a gamepad - against other gamepad players. If PC players were not artificially locked to the gamepad sensitivity rating and could play directly against Halo players on a console it would be an absolute joke.

Console players just have massive inferiority complexes.

KryandArturo
VeteranX
Old
1517 - 05-05-2009, 10:29
I can use a joystick almost as well as mouse even though I rarely play console games... just so long as the Y axis is inverted.

Odio
VeteranXV
Old
1518 - 05-05-2009, 10:30
Quote:
I don't play games any more, but like I said I'm merely stating a fact that gamepads are inferior. It's indisputable. Sure a player can be good on a gamepad - against other gamepad players. If PC players were not artificially locked to the gamepad sensitivity rating and could play directly against Halo players on a console it would be an absolute joke.

This.

hastie
VeteranX
Old
1519 - 05-05-2009, 10:31
There are a few things that I noticed about Call of Duty 4 that gave console players an advantage... (not in aiming though).

For instance. Most everyone on xbox new a lot more tricks / bugs / glitches in the game than the pc players did, and for two reasons.
1. Since there are no regular servers, you are playing with different people pretty much every time you play, instead of just playing with the relatively consistent group of players that enjoy the same server as you do. Since you come across more people, you can pick up some tricks that you wouldn't have come across otherwise.
2. Most everyone has a mic since it comes with most people's live subscription or xbox, and when you ask them how they did something, they will most likely actually tell you, as opposed to CoD4 on PC where if they didn't have a mic, they wouldn't want to have to type it all out.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
1520 - 05-05-2009, 10:34
Quote:

I've never seen anyone argue different (except total freak fanboys).

No matter how many times you say this, it doesn't do anything to say why we can't enjoy gaming on a console.

I wish PC gaming was thriving with all sorts of innovative games coming out... but it isn't. You get console ports.

Page 76 of 77

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [TribalWarrior on Sci-Fi] Gameshow starts tonight (Tues/Mar10) @ 9cst/10est plzwatch!

Social Website Bullshit