What days are you more likely to play?

wow had 6 million subscribers at one point

it was in one of my university text books

i have read a lot of funny mmo stories

there was one involving some plague or something as well

and eve has a lot of good scammer stories

but the thing they do not include i nthese stories is that u have to grind for hundreds of hours to participate in these things

personally i prefer to ma some1

oh i thought it was the character that died, not a real person, thats unforunate.

they r similar games - i never played WoW, but from what i understand it consumes lives. Not many people play D2, maybe a couple thousand. im sure there are over 100k that play WoW.

d3 may be more wow-like, but d3 comes to an end, and unless u have no life outside video games, thats where it *should* stop

So the issue is really just the idea of a game that does not end where you keep playing uncontrollably? I see what you're saying, but playing 20 hrs of D3 or 20 hours of WoW is the exact same thing; you're just gaming.

This dude:

wow-nerd-south-park-580.jpg

Will be playing both games (probably at the same time)

that guy is champ

i know its the same thing - im just saying that when i play d3, i will do a few runs through the game and that will b the end of it. its not a game where u can increase skill (which i find the most fun, competitive play etc)

game that takes no skill = not fun 4 me

that is just me

cyberathlete 4 real

d3 will be an excuse to get drunk high and get caught up with various e-friends i have not spent time talking to in a few months or years

hopefully poncho snow copa etc

that guy is champ

i know its the same thing - im just saying that when i play d3, i will do a few runs through the game and that will b the end of it. its not a game where u can increase skill (which i find the most fun, competitive play etc)

game that takes no skill = not fun 4 me

that is just me

cyberathlete 4 real

I think you will see competitive PVP ladders again in D3, even moreso than WoW.

Here's how I look at it; you have various levels of gamers for all games; it's just that depending on the game, one particular group gets the most notice.

Example:

You download T1 for the first time. It will probably take you 2-3 hrs of play a night, 3-4 nights a week for a couple weeks to really understand and become at least decent at Tribes. That's how long it takes you to level up in WoW.

Then you decide you really enjoy the game and the interaction with other real life people, the competition and the team work, so you join a tribe, and you practice 2-3 nights a week for 2-3 hours and maybe have a match every other week on the weekend. This is the typical raiding/PVP schedule for what most people consider 'full time' WoW players.

Then you decide you really love Tribes, so much so that in your other space time, when not playing the game, you are spending countless hours making maps and modding skins or coding a mod. This grinding of time is identical to what the really hardcore WoW players do with their professions or alt players etc.

See what I mean? It's the exact same guy, just playing different games.

For me I will enjoy D3 because I just like seeing pretty numbers flying across the screen as I am chopping shit up.

(Dare: There were over 12 million WoW players at their peak, and the disease you are referring to is this: Corrupted Blood incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . It is a pretty fascinating read and the incident has been modelled into case studies for the CDC and Homeland Security. It basically was a disease you could get that was supposed to be confined to a single area but somehow 'got out' and released into public urban areas. Hundreds died instantly and over and over for a week or so. It as funny as hell to watch.

i am laying off the reefer for the time being trying to get cardio and health back and had recent throat sickness think it was mono

it sux and i miss reefer and it misses me but currently this is 4 the best :(

but what SKILL is involved in WoW?

like i said i dont play the game, but really dont see how one can get "good" at wow.

Well there are two sides to it; PVE and PVP

PVP (Player vs Player) is just how good you are at murdering other real life players. It involves a certain amount of Paper/Rock/Scissors but is basically whoever understands the game better, can pull the correct counters faster and understand the game dynamics more thoroughly will win. It comes in 1v1 duels, 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 Arena, and 10v10 and 15v15 CTF, 10v10 and 15v15 C&H and 40v40 epic assaults on rivals. There are entire combos and openers/finishers to memorize to take on each class effectively.

PVE (Player vs Environment) is how good your team is at beating challenges created by Blizzard. Raiding mainly consists of fighting massive monsters and learning/creating strategies to defeat them. This can be as simple as just having your strongest guys taunt while everyone else wails on him, to jumping on dragons to attack, driving tanks, and memorizing things like specific spell patterns (ie. a Boss casts a spell that blinds everyone so you need to physically turn your char around to avoid it). As the game progressed through the years, Blizzard has made increasingly interesting and complicated fights that can take a few weeks to figure out and master. Eventually people master the fights and get bored, and Blizz tries to add in new content fast enough to appease them but most will unsubscribe for 6-12 months and then come back when new content comes.

I dunno it's all just different stroke I guess :shrug:

(Dare: There were over 12 million WoW players at their peak, and the disease you are referring to is this: Corrupted Blood incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . It is a pretty fascinating read and the incident has been modelled into case studies for the CDC and Homeland Security. It basically was a disease you could get that was supposed to be confined to a single area but somehow 'got out' and released into public urban areas. Hundreds died instantly and over and over for a week or so. It as funny as hell to watch.

Thought you must be a pretty messed up guy till i clicked the link and realised it was an in game event not rea life.

why is jm5k writing essays about WoW in TT?

ban this fat fuck already

scuzzle this is your last warning

OR ELSE

i use ur config groove. thnx.

i think im gonna quit drinking an go back to smoking the tree.

this booze bizness is hurting my head, an killing my tribal

Back