Hosting Thanksgiving; What are some semi-standard dishes I can make?

Deviled Eggs
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberry sauce
A loaf or two of home-made bread
Sweet Potato's with the marshmallows on top and the sugary buttery sauce.
Your choice of a mixed veg.

Who the fuck is trojanman?

Go away troll or join the likes of napfag and absent on the ever fattening ignore list; you wouldn't know what a Michelin star tasted like if it hit you right in the gullet

HELP I AM ADDICTED TO DOPE SMOKING AND BEING AN OBESE LOSER WITH THE INTELLECT OF A 14 YEAR OLD

Go away troll or join the likes of napfag and absent on the ever fattening ignore list; you wouldn't know what a Michelin star tasted like if it hit you right in the gullet

He does and I'm pretty sure he's a bit smarter than your fat fucking ass.

Always enjoyable to see random fucks...(bump?) come out of nowhere to hump my leg.

Giga I expect as much for you, so you do not disappoint!

lol

If you really want to go all out, slice some black truffles and put that under the skin with high quality butter.

You just told him to cook truffles to go "all out." Cook truffles.
Not to mention, I'm sure Rayn can just go down to his local tartufi pig salesman pick up a couple and start sniffing under the indigenous holm oaks to find a fresh one no problem. Nooooo problem.

Most of the people in this thread are posting actual helpful ideas and tips and you're just trying to prove your e-stomach is larger than everyone elses which it is (IRL stomach too). You're ideas are definitely the fattest, but also technically flawed which I, and others have pointed out. All of your suggestions, aside from a rudimentary / gramma style (archaic) turkey tip, involve using large amounts of butter, bacon, or fat -- which is a frankly also rudimentary, gramgram style, and archaic. This style is generally tasty, but offers nothing new, no polish, and is what puts people into comas after eating (not the tryptophan).

Rayn, if you can source a fresh truffle, or wanna splurge on not-quite-worth-it jar of preserved truffles just put it on the traditional pasta dish you have every tday as garnish with fresh parsley.
Do you have a pressure cooker? Can make tastiest gravy in minutes using the carcass, some innards, aromatics, and wine. (AND A POUND OF BACON COMPOUND BUTTER Y'ALL).

Birds love to be blasted with high heat then reduced fairly low (to get a crisp skin and moist interior) - get your oven up to 450-500 and lower to about 350ish to cook - ideally you would use a thermometer in the thickest part to gage level of done'ness.

I have found this should be the opposite. You do as suggested and it crisps the skin, but when you lower the temp and cook the rest at a lower temp the fat/juice renders out of the breast and causes the skin to go soggy. You start low and give it a hot blast at the end it crisps the skin and it is crispy right out of the oven after some of the fat has rendered out.

Also I have found an interesting starch that is non-traditional but my family loved it the past few years. And that is RISOTTO. I generally make mine a bit stickier than what you find in restaurants, but the mix of the rice, white win, chicken broth, a little butter, and some Parmesan cheese makes it rich and nutty.

First time I made it, it was the first side to fall to an empty bowl and people asking if there was more. I was asked to make some for Christmas dinner and so I made even and yet it was the same result.

The trick is to use medium heat after a quicker saute, and check on it every few minutes and add more broth as needed. No need to constantly stir, the lower heat will allow the rice to absorb the liquid and release the creamy starches without burning/scorching it. Put in some Parmesan cheese near the end and give it good stir and it's good to go.

What are you guys all doing for vegetable side dishes? My sister-in-law tried out some vegetables on me tonight that were fucking awful, so I figured I'd make something.

Back