Fraps

i fraps @ full 1080 @ 30 FPS and then use some program to convert to x264 youtube format for quick uploads/conversion

interesting. My video lags @ 30fps. My vid card sucks obviously lol. I'll keep messing around with it.

What is the bottom numbers? Do i need to change them?
34eyp6q.jpg

yea mine doesn't exactly run great @ 30 FPS either, but i think that's just the hard drive writing so much it's slowing shit down

i kinda hate fraps, like a 1 minute video @ 1080@30fps is like 3-4 GB

but re-compressed to x264 it's like 100 megs

1080 @ 30 is fukin hard on ur system

i doing 1024/760 @ 30 and it usually turns out pretty smooth

if u uploading x264 2 youtube make sure u config the VUI shit or else u gonna get washed out colors

plz expand on this, i always get washed out colors on mine :(

even the original fraps'd video looks washed out to me

o idk the original fraps videos looked real crisp and nice 2 me then when i compress i would not be able to see things like red flag text or id get a little washed out of colors

this was very minor thing for me

im also sure there is better fix for this type of thing

i tried a few and for watever reason fuking with the VUI settings helped tho not that much

Video Usability Info

These options set a flag in the output stream that can be read by the decoding application and possibly acted on. It's worth noting that most of these options in most scenarios are pointless, and are usually ignored by software decoders.

X264 Settings - MeWiki

yea mine doesn't exactly run great @ 30 FPS either, but i think that's just the hard drive writing so much it's slowing shit down

correctomundo. i fraps L4D2 demos all the time and once i started recording to a different hard drive, i never dropped below 30 fps. gonna change to 60 to see if i can do that as well.

Back