Name something you've done that others probally have not

3 days ago I was swimming in the ocean and lost my wedding band. I had just noticed after walking half a mile down the beach (I got married just 8 days ago too) that my fingers must have shrunk and it came off....

I ran back as my wife walked back and started digging in the sand around our previous chairs with no luck... Took the $9 pair of goggles we happen to buy that day, right thereon the beach, dove into the water, and amazingly found it sitting in the sand on my 3rd dive down. There was quite a large area for me to check that I was swimming in, too. Probably 300-500 sq. ft. in 5 feet of water. The ring was about 80% covered by sand as well, I just saw the rim shining in the sun.

Closest thing to a miracle I've ever experienced. :)

Last edited:
I've posted this before in some sex thread:

I once blew my load so hard into an ex-gf's mouth, it gushed out of her nose

Well being a qualified Cardiothoracic surgeon after 10+ years of training I can think of many hundreds of things I might have done. The number one thing would have to be that I have saved over 1000 lives.

you dont save lives, you only prolong them

3 days ago I was swimming in the ocean and lost my wedding band. I had just noticed after walking half a mile down the beach (I got married just 8 days ago too) that my fingers must have shrunk and it came off....

I ran back as my wife walked back and started digging in the sand around our previous chairs with no luck... Took the $9 pair of goggles we happen to buy that day, right thereon the beach, dove into the water, and amazingly found it sitting in the sand on my 3rd dive down. There was quite a large area for me to check that I was swimming in, too. Probably 300-500 sq. ft. in 5 feet of water. The ring was about 80% covered by sand as well, I just saw the rim shining in the sun.

Closest thing to a miracle I've ever experienced. :)

this totally reminded me of this:
gollum_rotk_3.jpg

Did a video over the local cable system of John Mellencamp the summer he broke national from one of our local clubs. I did the soundboard for the tv side, his wife and daughter sat out in the truck with me and watched.

Did a "2nd Set" radio broadcast for 2 years out of the Bluebird Nightclub in Bloomington for every band that came though.

...both a few years back...

My mom and I performed cpr on a guy at a funeral home once. We got him revived and he refused any medical attention once the paramedics got there....he was drunk...

Got so drunk at work that I blacked out until I woke up the next morning, and found $90 in my pocket.

A friend and I stole 5 chairs from the taco bell next door to my house.

Had sex in princial park during an Iowa-Cubs game.

Back