So who got Prototype today? by Morbid - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?
Page 12 of 12
Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
221 - 06-23-2009, 21:21
turns out i was using the wrong devastator.

Spoiler

Sponsored Links
HelenKeller
Blind BitchXV
Contributor
Old
222 - 06-23-2009, 21:23
the critical pain devastator is a giant pile of **** comparatively

Rurouni
VeteranXX
Old
223 - 06-23-2009, 21:39
it was awesome to kill off the hydras in the previous mission

filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
224 - 07-04-2009, 12:42
I jumped in multiple tanks and cheesed my way through it last night.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
225 - 07-04-2009, 20:57
Well, I had a lot of fun playing this one, but I also got really pissed off at how ****ing stupid and random some of the events are.

Some I thought were just flat-out impossible, so I resorted to checking YouTube videos (after many, many frustrating attempts on my own) for some advice/hints. Several of the ones I was having problems could just be cheesed out, like the helicopter one. You have to get like 85 air kills or whatever and all there is are those stupid detector bots flying around. So my first couple of attempts I flew just above the buildings, and the ****ing things would spawn either lower than the buildings or crazy high up which you can't see. And OF COURSE when you're using that piece of **** targeting system, you target random water towers and other **** you don't care about.

Anyways, after watching the video, all the guy did was fly straight up and spin in circles single-bullet-shooting the drones down. That's really ****ing stupid. I mean, how many people would assume that they spawn equal to your current elevation, especially when the "hint" is that you should use heat-seeking missiles?

And don't get me started on the randomness of getting Gold/Platinum on many of the events where you *hope* for good spawns and a ton of tanks! Jesus ****ing Christ. Whatever designer let that design philosophy go through should be ****ing impaled.

Other than the stupidity and randomness of 1/3 of the events, the game is solid.

p.s. One more rant. The targeting system SUCKS COCK (on the PC). In fact, it sucks SOO much cock that you end up "lagging" the game because it's trying to target everything in front of you at once, because you can't "flick" the control (mouse in this case) like you can on a console controller. So the PC version because of this is ten times harder... which is idiotic.

p.p.s.
OHHH and one more thing... **** airstrike teams. This is partially the targeting system's fault, but how the **** am I supposed to target **** above my head? I have like a 45 degree viewing angle, and it's about 60 degrees from straight up, which means that if a helicopter is above you at any significant angle, you can't target it... or rather, you don't know if you are. And that's not a problem, except for the little idea of... how often are helicopters and drones ABOVE YOU?

p.p.p.s.
What in the ****ing **** is wrong with the character? Why can he not turn around faster? By time you read a single word of what I'm saying, you can literally turn around, or at least, turn your head/torso around. This becomes an increasingly annoying problem in the "kill a lot of fast-moving, always-targeting-you zombie ****s" modes. I run towards the screen and I'm struggling to make my dude turn around and shoot the **** I'm targeting. Normally I end up getting hit before I can fire whatever I'm using because they 100% auto-track you.

****. Might as well throw one more **** in for good measure.

*CLIFFS*

1.) ****ty targeting system on the PC version
2.) Flying craft above your head that you can't target (see #1)
3.) Getting Gold/Platinum requires total dumb**** random luck on most events (with perfect play)
4.) Boss fights could've been more exciting
5.) Player can't turn around quickly when targeting from behind/sides (see #1)
6.) Tedious to do subtle movements with the insane dodges
7.) Traveling across the city to get to events is really ****ing stupid and tedious
8.) Completely idiotic and nonsensical tank driving. I don't know what bumbling ****ing retard at Radical came up with the idea that your "forward" is some sort of pseudo-relative state between your screen and target on a tank, but he's a ****ing RETARD.

(and yes I added cliffs that aren't in my main post)

Last edited by Validuz; 07-04-2009 at 21:29..
Redz15
VeteranXV
Old
226 - 07-04-2009, 21:20
validuz that post made my eyes bleed

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
227 - 07-04-2009, 21:27
I gave cliffs!

kloa
VeteranXV
Old
228 - 07-04-2009, 21:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
I gave cliffs!
yea but you could make cliffs of those cliffs

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
229 - 07-04-2009, 22:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Well, I had a lot of fun playing this one, but I also got really pissed off at how ****ing stupid and random some of the events are.

Some I thought were just flat-out impossible, so I resorted to checking YouTube videos (after many, many frustrating attempts on my own) for some advice/hints. Several of the ones I was having problems could just be cheesed out, like the helicopter one. You have to get like 85 air kills or whatever and all there is are those stupid detector bots flying around. So my first couple of attempts I flew just above the buildings, and the ****ing things would spawn either lower than the buildings or crazy high up which you can't see. And OF COURSE when you're using that piece of **** targeting system, you target random water towers and other **** you don't care about.

Anyways, after watching the video, all the guy did was fly straight up and spin in circles single-bullet-shooting the drones down. That's really ****ing stupid. I mean, how many people would assume that they spawn equal to your current elevation, especially when the "hint" is that you should use heat-seeking missiles?

And don't get me started on the randomness of getting Gold/Platinum on many of the events where you *hope* for good spawns and a ton of tanks! Jesus ****ing Christ. Whatever designer let that design philosophy go through should be ****ing impaled.

Other than the stupidity and randomness of 1/3 of the events, the game is solid.

p.s. One more rant. The targeting system SUCKS COCK (on the PC). In fact, it sucks SOO much cock that you end up "lagging" the game because it's trying to target everything in front of you at once, because you can't "flick" the control (mouse in this case) like you can on a console controller. So the PC version because of this is ten times harder... which is idiotic.

p.p.s.
OHHH and one more thing... **** airstrike teams. This is partially the targeting system's fault, but how the **** am I supposed to target **** above my head? I have like a 45 degree viewing angle, and it's about 60 degrees from straight up, which means that if a helicopter is above you at any significant angle, you can't target it... or rather, you don't know if you are. And that's not a problem, except for the little idea of... how often are helicopters and drones ABOVE YOU?

p.p.p.s.
What in the ****ing **** is wrong with the character? Why can he not turn around faster? By time you read a single word of what I'm saying, you can literally turn around, or at least, turn your head/torso around. This becomes an increasingly annoying problem in the "kill a lot of fast-moving, always-targeting-you zombie ****s" modes. I run towards the screen and I'm struggling to make my dude turn around and shoot the **** I'm targeting. Normally I end up getting hit before I can fire whatever I'm using because they 100% auto-track you.

****. Might as well throw one more **** in for good measure.

*CLIFFS*

1.) ****ty targeting system on the PC version
2.) Flying craft above your head (see #1)
3.) Getting Gold/Platinum requires total dumb**** random luck on most events (with perfect play)
4.) Boss fights could've been more exciting
5.) Player can't turn around quickly when targeting from behind/sides (see #1)
6.) Tedious to do subtle movements with the insane dodges
7.) Traveling across the city to get to events is really ****ing stupid and tedious

(and yes I added cliffs that aren't in my main post)
I completely agree on the stupid PC targeting system...the only event I can't platinum is airstrike, because I can't target precisely to pull off a one missile per second rate of fire. It's ridiculously easy on the XBox in comparison.

Also agree that the helicopter tip was stupid. That frustrated me for a good hour before I figured out that dumb fire missiles and the cannon are infinitely better in nearly all events.

Most of the "impossible" kill events have a cheesy trick to them though.

Spoiler

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
230 - 07-04-2009, 23:24
Yea, Booyeh, I had to watch a video to figure the Heli->ground one as well. I was single-targetting the marked ones and I barely got 150 points or whatever *struggling*. I was pissed. I figured 300 was bull****.

After realizing you can just dumb-fire the infinite rockets at the crowds (unmarked targets), I got like 450 or something insanely high.

And yes, once I realized how amazing the cannonball was for taking out helis, I used it all the time. However, by time I got that ability, I was already 2/3's of the way through the game, and about that same time, I found out that you can hijack the helis with the whip-grapple. :\

Page 12 of 12

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page So who got Prototype today?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis