2024, A New Era For Starsiege: TRIBES

fascinating analysis and much appreciated Jerry.

point number 3: that precise aim required is nice. It still would be nice to maybe balance the preciseness required with the speed of projectile (I.e. maybe increase splash and slow down projectiles so MAs feel more rewarding). though this would change the dynamics of your major positive points of Tribe 3 duel I think. I suppose it all comes down to personal opinion.

I hope the game does well. If it takes off with a good number of players I will consider buying a gaming laptop and joining in on the fun : ) until then I will watch some videos and enjoy from the sidelines.

namaste : - )

The greatest benefit of laser disc has been how little chain is being used.

Namaste!

Tribes 3: Rivals Chasing The Dream- Tritium Jones Montage 1 - YouTube

I'm sure this guy is considered overall good but the hit rate for MAs seems super high. seems like they should reduce projectile speed of disc but I suppose this is a tough balance to make it fun for noobys new to tribe franchise while making it hard for ppl who have been playing for 10-20 years

They have inheritance sliders for the disc and crossbow.

Defaults are stupid if you're used to T1.
djItvZV.jpeg

I have mine set at %50 because that's what T1 is.
EY2lKDO.jpeg

Well, playtesting is done, and with that comes Early Access and a sale price of about $20.

I got 50 hours out of the game over the past few months, so it is an easy buy for me and I hope a playerbase can build and some rather simple, logical decisions can be made from Prophecy.

Even without vehicles and more base assets, the game can be successful. Team Hunters, Arena, Duel, 9v9 Ranked, some more maps and weapons...

The game can be great. Someone said they should release it as TRIBES: Arena, and it would do better. I agree entirely.

Well, playtesting is done, and with that comes Early Access and a sale price of about $20.

I got 50 hours out of the game over the past few months, so it is an easy buy for me and I hope a playerbase can build and some rather simple, logical decisions can be made from Prophecy.

Even without vehicles and more base assets, the game can be successful. Team Hunters, Arena, Duel, 9v9 Ranked, some more maps and weapons...

The game can be great. Someone said they should release it as TRIBES: Arena, and it would do better. I agree entirely.

I said that from day one!! They should have stripped ctf and just done tribes arena!!! Easier for newbs and more viable for zoomers!! Easier to make $$$ and lowers expectations

Today is Early Access. According to Steam, the game should release around 2PM EST.

A launch trailer will accompany the announcement.

Nice!

Well, sorry to spam this thread, but I felt it important to say:

Early access is out... and I cannot recommend buying it if you have played any of the past couple months of playtests.

Little has changed and nothing much is coming in the future. The game is dead on arrival it seems.

This is really, really unfortunate.

We may be saying goodbye to TRIBES for a long while. :(

damn yeah that's what I heard. sorry about the not so great news Jerry, hope you find happiness elsewhere.

thanks appreciate the info plasmatic.. interesting they let you mess with inheritance. after giving it a few seconds thought I don't like that idea too much.

there is a "Shazballz" game coming out from a couple of the original developers of tribes 1 it seems (cant confirm). they mentioned it the reddit AMA and they have a discord channel.

damn yeah that's what I heard. sorry about the not so great news Jerry, hope you find happiness elsewhere.

thanks appreciate the info plasmatic.. interesting they let you mess with inheritance. after giving it a few seconds thought I don't like that idea too much.

there is a "Shazballz" game coming out from a couple of the original developers of tribes 1 it seems (cant confirm). they mentioned it the reddit AMA and they have a discord channel.

yeah i am excited about shazballz more than t3 now :p

Back