[ofn] Richard III of England

AnubiS

Veteran XV
Richard III (2 October 1452 – 22 August 1485) was King of England for two years, from 1483 until his death in 1485 in the Battle of Bosworth Field.

Archaeologists have found his skull.

richard-iii-painting-overla.jpg

Richard-III-skull-Leicester3-04022013-jpg_105459.jpg

king-richard-iii.jpg

0204-richard-iii-skull.jpg_full_600.jpg

remaking his fugly face:

3rb6wskec1yacch6xbcg2b0gz.jpg

:birthday:

History and Culture for TW.

<3

Last edited:
thought the same thing when I saw that "reconstruction": "It's king Farquad!" (sp?)

Seriously, I can understand the process of adding musculature, fat, skin, etc to a skull. What I can't understand is how they determine the amounts to feel that they have the right to say "this is what he looked like!" Maybe the guy had a giant ski-jump nose (no cartilage preserved) Maybe he had jowls? perhaps he had a fat face, or droopy ears, or whatever. At least with Dinos they get the occasional fossilized imprint in mud to get some skin texture or feather or an outline or something.

No, that's not him. That's playing dress-ups on someone's skull.

seriously?.. the fuck?

thought the same thing when I saw that "reconstruction": "It's king Farquad!" (sp?)

Seriously, I can understand the process of adding musculature, fat, skin, etc to a skull. What I can't understand is how they determine the amounts to feel that they have the right to say "this is what he looked like!" Maybe the guy had a giant ski-jump nose (no cartilage preserved) Maybe he had jowls? perhaps he had a fat face, or droopy ears, or whatever. At least with Dinos they get the occasional fossilized imprint in mud to get some skin texture or feather or an outline or something.

No, that's not him. That's playing dress-ups on someone's skull.

ya bro. thats why they used all the medieval paints of his fugly face.

google images > richard III ;)

Back