[Mega] MAGA Super Trump Mega Thread

my county called a meeting of our neighbors due to a change in the groundwater condition. two people in a few square miles had old water wells. the city wanted to be sure no one was using them as potable water, and also wanted to let the populace know about the change in classification of the groundwater. there are dozens of examples of this in any industry, and i don't mind paying the current tax amount towards ensuring this type of system.

if i earned $125k - knowing what protections this county affords me - i know that the percentage i pay would go up. i guess this is the philosophical difference between us

Yeah but every system has their dumb shit

Ours is healthcare. We pay more per capita for generally worse treatment then the average of the top 28 in the world. I forget there is 1 metric we were really good in. Healthcare is the #1 cause for bankruptcy. If we paid higher taxes for it the system would stay the same and get worse. Another thing that was fine 30 years ago but is s Frankenstein now is our taxes paid to guarantee student loans. Colleges have seen this vat of money and they have conveyor belt like systems to ensure you will pay them. Standards going down aside from the top 14ish schools. The prices keep going up which means more taxes to guarantee the loans.

There is just such an awful conflict of interest people have with regards to self profit vs for the greater good and your standard bean counter let alone law maker at this point in our country. I believe most right wingers concur on as a course of action that barring drastic actions like rapidly expanding the size or Congress to dilute power, simply maintaining a smaller government is best.

The water well example is a good one perfect. Factory on the river opens up. Downstream and on the other side in another town/state/county they notice the water glowing. We've made enough mistakes like this that government has checklists to ensure new builds won't cause that issue. We are not exactly inventing the wheel but we seem to have difficulty with it.

Some of it I believe is philosophically ingrained. I encourage tax avoidance as possible. The founding fathers were a bunch of dead beats who didnt want to pay a more fair portion of a war that directly benefited them. I'm a firm believer in these type of ideas directly influencing nations even 300 years later just as a certain idea of judging is still uniquely seen in some commonwealth courts (I believe Nigeria still wears the wigs), and certain national spirits holding true. Our founding fathers being a bunch of tax avoiding smugglers is a net negative for our progress cause there is a certain "fuck the police" that comes with our founding.

we don't need to raise taxes for healthcare we need to get the for profit health insurance companies out of the business. they use money from insurance premiums to buy back stock and pay dividends to shareholders............

edit - interesting take on conservative preference to smaller govt instead of trying to ensure perfect legislation but i think the laissez-faire thing has been tried before

Last edited:
I always thought there should he free healthcare under 25 then after that figure it out. My main justification is the nation invests mad money into kids it's a protection on investment as you can send a kid to trade school but if he can't reattach his fingers when he saws through him you just threw that money away.

I always thought there should he free healthcare under 25 then after that figure it out. My main justification is the nation invests mad money into kids it's a protection on investment as you can send a kid to trade school but if he can't reattach his fingers when he saws through him you just threw that money away.

Money has to come from somewhere. No such thing as free.That other hand can still swing a hammer, use a screw driver, or run cpvc. That's why trades are so important. Tradesmen keep the ac cold, the water running, and the lights on. Without us civilization decays.

Yeah and if people want their pensions funded they'll pay a part to make sure the workforce replacing them isn't crippled especially with the population relative to previous times barely growing if you discount immigrants.

Or the baby boomers can just milk the country for all its worth, invest in financial companies and force the next generation to pay for bailing them out so they can have mimosas every Sunday at the local brunch nook where they dont tip the student loan saddled waiter because he wasn't happy enough to serve them. Shit already happened

biden%20bernie%20beto_1542143631640.jpg_6398111_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Poll: Biden, Bernie, Beto top choices of Democratic voters for 2020 - Story | WNYW

MAGA

Not really

We have a whole country waking up. We are who we said we were

What if Donald Trump is what America is all about? | Trump | Al Jazeera

Campaigning against Donald Trump during the midterm elections, Obama went out and loudly declared: "We helped spread a commitment to certain values and principles like the rule of law and human rights and democracy and the notion of the inherent dignity and worth of every individual."

Really? Is that what the US has done around the globe? Who exactly is this "We"? Would that "We" include the US president who gave billions of dollars to Israel to slaughter Palestinians with ease and to the Saudis to commit war crimes in Yemen; and would it include the president before him who left Iraq and Afghanistan in ruins?

We seriously need to examine this American soul business and wonder what makes it so murderously detrimental to world peace, and while we are at it rediscover what is this "America really about".

So where does this American soul reside these days: In Trump's White House, in Mitch McConnell's Senate, in Nancy Pelosi's House, or in Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court?

Despite the liberal media's insistence to contrary, this midterm elections in no way, shape, or form was a repudiation of Donald Trump or any so-called "blue wave" or anything of the sort. It was a very basic and in fact dismal and cliche midterm swing historically integral to US elections.

Unless and until much wider horizons of political possibilities are opened to the left of Bernie Sanders and beyond, the US will remain exactly in the combined image of Donald Trump at the White House, Mitch McConnell at the Senate, Nancy Pelosi at the House, and Brett Kavanaugh at the Supreme Court - and the mob of racist white supremacists that Steve Bannon and Steven Miller have mobilised for them. For if history has any lesson to teach, that - until further notice - is what America "is really about", and that indeed is the very quintessence of "the American soul".

Last edited:
Busted :rofl:

Couple, Homeless Veteran Conspired in GoFundMe Campaign to Get Rich

The trio first became famous when the couple raised more than $400,000 on the crowdfunding website GoFundMe for Bobbitt, a homeless veteran who gave McClure the last of his money when her car broke down on the highway a year ago. They gained notoriety and appeared on TV shows all over the country.

Stories then emerged that the couple was withholding the money that had been raised for Bobbitt. In August, Bobbitt sued the couple and accused them of spending his money on luxurious purchases and trips. In turn, the couple accused Bobbitt, a drug addict, of spending $25,000 in less than two weeks on drugs and overdue legal bills, as well as sending money to family.

However, according to a criminal complaint obtained by NBC, the couple and Bobbitt conspired together to come up with a false story to raise money from more than 14,000 donors.

Owned See Phrito? All the MAGA you can eat

Ohio lawmakers thumb their noses at Kasich with gun bill, veto override: Capitol Letter | cleveland.com

Rotunda Rumblings

Lame duck starts with a bang: The Ohio House began this year’s “lame-duck” session by passing a controversial “stand your ground” bill that also loosens gun-control rules. As cleveland.com’s Jeremy Pelzer reports, the vote was held after Republican House Speaker Ryan Smith cut off the mic of Democratic Rep. Stephanie Howse, who tried to talk about the bill’s impact on minority communities. Howse continued by shouting at Smith that he was uncomfortable having a conversation about race.

Not more gun control.. less :lol:

Back