Dual-Speccing in WotLK

Divine

Veteran XV
Has anyone heard anything about this? I had heard that it would be possible and wanted to see if that was true. Thanks.

Edit: I'm referring to carrying 2 specs at the same time and switching back and forth between the two.

Last edited:
It'll be live with the first content patch.

It's about time. I doubt I'll ever use it, but that was always my biggest peeve as a Druid. I always wanted to do feral for grinding, and an arena resto (maybe dreamstate now, I haven't done that shit in a while).

Wonder if it will have a CD. Someone at some point (totally reliable info, really) was kicking around the rumor that it would be on a 24 hour cooldown.

No they already stated that it won't have a cooldown, but will be restricted to be OOC. IT WILL BE possible to switch speccs mid raid.

No they already stated that it won't have a cooldown, but will be restricted to be OOC. IT WILL BE possible to switch speccs mid raid.

Now that's what I want to hear. Hell, I would have been happy being locked to a spec during a raid (have to exit the dungeon or something to respec).

That's cool.

I assume it won't be possible to do in arenas / BGs :p

Would be pretty funny to join a BG, respec to TG, equip my 2 handers, respec back to Arms and bladestorm with 2 2handers.

If they make BG's some kinda of rating system, doubt it will be possible to swap specs there either.

I can't wait, soooo much easier to heal/dps at the drop of a hat ;/ Really wish I could do that now, still carry around holy/shadow gear :(

Back