[Rogue] Poisons

Divine

Veteran XV
Which poisons do you use on which hand and why? The 3 that I have seen so far are the dot, stun, and instant. I'm doing PVE and have heard that you should use instant on your main and deadly (dot) on your off hand. Thoughts?

Also -- are there more/better poisons that you can get than the ones at the Poison Supplies vendor near the Rogue trainer in Stormwind?

Last edited:
Instant main hand, Deadly offhand.

Some encounters, mind-numbing offhand.

This isn't really correct.

If you're Mutilate: Deadly on your slow weapon, Instant on your fast weapon. If they are the same speed, Instant on the MH.

If you're Combat (or anything non-mut): Deadly MH, Wound OH.

Basically, whichever hand lands more attacks gets your DD poison, the hand with less attacks gets Deadly.

but whatever you do dont even dare think about making a macro to apply your poisons...this would be considered sacrilege, because apparently macros are cool to make other one or two step processes simpler, but nooooo poisons have to be applied from within your bags manually or youre just a noob

but whatever you do dont even dare think about making a macro to apply your poisons...this would be considered sacrilege, because apparently macros are cool to make other one or two step processes simpler, but nooooo poisons have to be applied from within your bags manually or youre just a noob
Two people jumped you, both of whom were idiots.

In fact, the first reply in that thread was mine, with this:

/use [modifier:shift] Crippling Poison II; [modifier:alt] Mind Numbing Poison III; [modifier:ctrl] Deadly Poison VII; [nomodifier] Wound Poison V
/use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17

/use [modifier:shift] Crippling Poison II; [modifier:alt] Mind Numbing Poison III; [modifier:ctrl] Deadly Poison VII; [nomodifier] Wound Poison V

What exactly does that do?

i know :) and i still use your macro, thanks

those other people just hurt me so much i dont think ill ever recover.

:lol: that you remember so quickly what im talking about...those people are morons

:lol: that you remember so quickly what im talking about...those people are morons
Yeah I confuse myself sometimes. I can't remember what the fuck someone asked me to do less than 5 minutes ago, but I knew off the top of my head exactly what you meant with that post.

:shrug:

A quick, somewhat funny aside:

I would have made this thread long ago, but I had no idea how to get/use poisons. Now that I am level 60, I ran Hellfire Ramparts last night and was frustrated with my low DPS. I was Combat Swords and using Garrote, Imp SnD (2-3 cp, but kept it pretty much constantly refreshed), SS, Rupture, Blade Flurry at times, the occasional eviscerate, and was coming back with surprisingly low DPS. Having done a little bit of research, I thought that the sequence was ok and couldn't figure out why my DPS rating was coming back like it was. Long story short, I went back to my trainer to do my level 60 training and happened upon someone called, "Poison Supplies" for the first time. I felt like an idiot.

What exactly does that do?

the modifiier: tells you to apply this poison is that specific modifier is depressed. IOW, hold down shift and click the macro to apply CP II, etc etc and it should apply them to both equipped weapons (16 MH, 17 OH IIRC).

the modifiier: tells you to apply this poison is that specific modifier is depressed. IOW, hold down shift and click the macro to apply CP II, etc etc and it should apply them to both equipped weapons (16 MH, 17 OH IIRC).

That seems like it would be very useful. Thanks for the explanation!

That seems like it would be very useful. Thanks for the explanation!

The Macro system came into play right around the time i was getting bored, so i never used it. but it can be useful in PVP for popping trinkets right before you cast a specific spell.

It's also usefull when you spam spam 3 spells. IE:

SW:p -> Mind blast -> Mindflay until cooldown is gone, then mindblast and continue)

Your macro could change that 3 button combo into 1 button instead.

Test for SW:p, if not there, cast it.
Test for Mind Blast cooldown, if it's ready, cast it
Cast Mind Flay.

Close.

Modifier determines what poison, mouse button determines what hand.

You didnt really say what this is for, but if you're still leveling I'd say go with dual instant (Unless you're Mutilate). Most mobs wont live long enough for you to get much benefit from Deadly.

I use Poisoner addon... makes it easy to apply any poison on any weapon without having to remember modifier keys. The less I have to think about, the better. Just two clicks.

Anyway, I'm muti so pretty much what Pessi said in #4, but in PvP I stick with wound OH and mind on main depending on if i see a lot of casters on the opposing team.

A quick, somewhat funny aside:

I would have made this thread long ago, but I had no idea how to get/use poisons. Now that I am level 60, I ran Hellfire Ramparts last night and was frustrated with my low DPS. I was Combat Swords and using Garrote, Imp SnD (2-3 cp, but kept it pretty much constantly refreshed), SS, Rupture, Blade Flurry at times, the occasional eviscerate, and was coming back with surprisingly low DPS. Having done a little bit of research, I thought that the sequence was ok and couldn't figure out why my DPS rating was coming back like it was. Long story short, I went back to my trainer to do my level 60 training and happened upon someone called, "Poison Supplies" for the first time. I felt like an idiot.

Jesus and you people call me a retard. Did you realize this before or after 3.0.1 when they homogenized it all so you just need to buy poisons rather than buy vials and components and make them?

Back