Why I'm not playing T2

oh and one more then..... Scarabae is my favorite damn map jaff.... do you hear me ;D

of course, I was one of those fucking idiots who would've liked to see acro, domino, and scara (without the middle tower or something) played more on pubs in T1.

Long time no see nat.

I do agree with some points you have brought up, but like i told some other guys who were in the same position as you. You HAVE to try some real teamplay with t2. It's impossible to judge t2 by pubs. I go into a pub and i hate it, it really blows. Then that night i play a match with a 16 man roster, all functioning as one. Thats the time when T2 shines. Sure T1 is/was the best game ever. Think of T2 as a totally new game. Don't go into a T2 game thinking about T1. Its where your mind is set.

Play a scrim, you'll see how fun it is.

Oh ya and win money.

Well I dont say my opinion too much, mostly because no one cares, but for this I think I'll elaborate a little.

Not to kiss ass but I couldnt agree more with Natural, I mean T2 just doesnt get my like T1 did. I mean it seems like I get an hour and a half to think about everything I'm going to do, which isnt a bad thing but its not my kind of thing. I mean it seems so slow and so machine controlled.. all these turrets. Not that I expected T2 to be T1 with eye candy but I at least expected it to be BASED ON THE SAME STYLE OF PLAY. I think we can all say we expected THAT much. And to me it just isn't played the same. It's almost TOO MUCH about teamwork. I mean it has GOT to be tough to organize 16 people on a huge map to utilize space and time, which seem to be so far apart in T2 (as far as capping goes).

Here's the best way I can describe how I think T2 and T1 are different... In T1 it wasnt about if they got the flag it was about chasing them or getting them before they got the flag, or both. And for the most part turrets were only to protect the base and were not always used on every map.. AND in T2 its like this. Its all about stopping them at or before the flag, chasing is a lot more difficult. Also Turrets are used most often around the flag, and are used on every map.. This minimizes strategy on turret placement or usage.. you know your usin em on every map... And to me in T1 you were constantly having to be aware and the action was always close to home.. in T2 the maps are just so big the action could be god knows where.

THIS IS TOTALLY MY OPINION... And we all know my opinion means nothing but thought I'd post anyway :p

I'm not sure how their code works myself 100% but all I know is that I used to ping about 20-30ms to Cheaters Darkside when it was full. Darkside is now a T2 server and if I ping 50ms to it I consider myself lucky. Granted it's still a low ping but why has the performace dropped so much? It's not like it's running the graphics engine. :hrm:

bandicot said:
Can someone confirm: network code in T2 has almost nothing to do with your ping times. A ping is not much more than a measure of latency. How can you fuck up a latency measurement.

I think it's still early to make any judgements about t2 ;)

Drugs are bad....mkay

itzxeo said:
Hate to say this, but Nat quit your bitching. T2 isn't a one man game anymore, you CAN'T be the hero because YOU need your teams help

WTF. have you EVER SEEN AN IE demo. you fucker. this is like sacriligious. (sp please). IE MADE the concept of teamplay. Jebus. I can't believe how <b>igno-rant</b> this post was.

Watch out, 4M and BF faggots have posted. Blitz is inventing a new level of lameness everytime he posts, newbie bitch. :invert: ^^

MarleY said:
I think it's still early to make any judgements about t2 ;)

i really dont think it is. People dont have the instinct to play the game, and that is a great point.

T1 was love at first sight, and most games are. when they ARENT love at first site, you feel a definite draw towards it, that you eventually discover all the wonderful things about it.

T2 is a lot friggin organization and pencil-pushing in my opinion. I have more fun organizing my tidy whities.

Where is the GUNGHO!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111.
except for the gravscycle, (which doesn't do squat but move cool as shit,) the game is slow and boring.

Back