Why I'm not playing T2

I don't follow the politics of it, but if what you say is true I retract the statement on the grounds it's misdirected. Wow it's fun posting hile stoned.

i sent my copy back to sierra for a refund three weeks ago. where's my bloodclot monies?

icon8.gif

Natural said:
Killarmy> Let me get something straight... from what I've heard, the majority of Tribes 2 design and gameplay was NOT the vision of the original DEV team, but rather one of outside sources who didn't ever truly appriciate Tribes 1, and that is one of my main points.

?? Could you elaborate?

I agree with natural within certain limits.

The turrets are too strong.

The skiing still needs work.

The community features suck.

DGeorgeson has sex with goats.

I'll add one - upping fog to get better FPS on certain maps is not a fix, mmmkay? Thats a fucking cheat. T1 at the moment looks BETTER because you can SEE past 30m.

Natural, I can say you were awesome in T1. But, you played T2 for 8 hours and you are a newbie all over so you say the game sucks? The game is different, it takes whole new strategies. I thought someone like you would love the challenge to learn a new game. (shakes head) If Nat don't like it, the whole world must be coming to an end.

BTW, If T2 sucks so much why isn't someone making a mod to make all the T1 crybabies happy?

Torment - I'd rather not.

I'm probably not going to reply to this but rather let it fester for awhile. After going to E3 and meeting a few people and reuniting with others I realized how much potential this game had and how far it fell short.

Can I just be the first in this thread to kiss your ass, Natural, and say how much I wish I could play like you, and how much entertainment the demos you've graced us with have provided me?

Plz say yes.

Sillypuddy> I said POST release... And I don't think it's worth making a Tribes 2 mod to play Tribes 1 with slower FPS when we can still play T1 and have an awesome time.

Torment> Actually, some of the original tribes Dev team wasn't even around for T2... Scott Youngblood, Jeff Tunnell, Tim Gift, etc... Tribes 1 visionaries. That is also a good point =)

I have to admit, upon first install and play of T2, I was to say the least dissapointed. After a few weeks of getting off my D2 habit, I decided to give T2 a try again, slowly and painfully, I forced myself to play. After about a month of playing a few times a week, I'm confident in saying, its not as bad as my initial assesment, but its nowhere near what I had hoped for.

It'd be naive to think things wouldn't change from T1 to T2, but things like overall "game speed" and "nail biting action" seem to be void all together. I was a T1 addict for much longer than i care to admit, not much of a chance the same thing will happen with T2. Looking at the big picture, T1 just seemed to be just the right blend of what I was looking for in a game(still play it, but nowhere near as much as I use to), must have been foolish to think it could have been topped with a sequal.

:bandit:

The one thing that really got on my nerves was some of the map designs. They go and change the fucking scoring system post-release, hmm I thought beta was for that, all because of shitty map designs for CTF.

Also just taking out shit in maps to fix fps, wtf is that? OK we'll just cut out these towers cause people get sucky fps.

Grey they made a huge mess of the game

Mystic and whomever else IT SHOULDN'T BE PAINFUL TO PLAY A DAMN GAME! btw

long time no talk mystic. Sup?

Back