[FUCK] Is This Normal?!?

Feannag

Veteran XV
Okay so over here on Eldre'Thalas we have the main alliance guild, The Final Sanctum. These people literally have no lives, more than 40 are on at any point in time and their raid schedule requires 8 - 12 hours free time. They are "hardcore" and everyone seems to dislike them because they are selling rare and epic items that drop rare off raid bosses for gold. You know shit like Core rifles and that weird epic engineer shield and such.

Well on the boards some lvl 60 hunter acquired the manual to make that Quel'Serrar bow (epic I'm guessing) and he now has to kill Onxyia to finish it up. Whatever it is the quest item drops off her for him 100% since it's a quest item so all he needs to do is be in a raid to kill her.

And TFS is saying it would cost him at least 500g for a spot in a raid to kill her. This I'm thinking, "WTF..." How is this justifable? Has this game sunk so low now you have to pay to do something like that? This shit seems to only even more validate the notion of buying gold simply to buy a spot in a raid. Which I have to wonder is not too "guaranteed". They take your coin, put you on a raid, and then something goes wrong or there's a wipe and quits are called. Then what? Are you screwed out of that 500g now and have to re-pay again? And for the record TFS peeps are saying when they do it they always have full 40 raids, so the money you pay is compensation for the one raider that has to sit out because you take their spot.

Tell me, is this shit normal on your respective realms? Please tell me it's not and this guild is just a bunch of gold-mongering fuckers.

well my .... ex-server has like 8 alliance guilds that are in bwl, 2-3 more that are doing mc/killed onyxia, so its pretty easy to find a free spot, i know i've let people in on a couple of my guild's raids for quel'serrar

Well TFS rep says on average there are 3 - 18 extra players that have to sit out. People who park their characters by the entrance and wait.

That's just assinine to me, but you are saying you haven't seen people charge for raid slots, and if they do it's a lot easier to find a free one?

It's a normal realm, and as I'm seeing most of the other guilds simply can't field the numbers to kill her. On Alliance-side anyway.

It's not a 100% drop, it's more like 25%, and I'd charge 500-1000g for it, assuming we actually needed gold for guild bank and were willing to take a non-guildy with us (which we aren't).
We sell BoE Tier 1 items for 1k-1500g, and Sulf ingots for 1250 each, 10k for all 8.

Also, I would assume the chance of them wiping is very small. They may or may not charge you again if it doesn't drop, that's something specific you would have to ask them, but 500g is a perfectly reasonable price for Black Sinew.

Edit: Also, how did he get the Leaf in the first place? Either his guild can kill Domo, in which case they can, or will, kill Onyxia soon, or he bought the Leaf, so there's no reason he can't pay to get the Sinew.

Last edited:
I assume the "Tier 1" items are the lvl 60 class-specific epic pieces?

And what is your guild bank used for? Seems with that kind of pricing you should be so rolling in gold you needn't worry about much but buying guildies epic mounts.

I'm unsure how it acquired this "Leaf" though. I assume you are saying this is another component to the bow. He is in a guild but he says they don't have the numbers to kill Onyxia.

I assume you are on a PvP realm as well?

Feannag said:
I assume the "Tier 1" items are the lvl 60 class-specific epic pieces?

And what is your guild bank used for? Seems with that kind of pricing you should be so rolling in gold you needn't worry about much but buying guildies epic mounts.

I'm unsure how it acquired this "Leaf" though. I assume you are saying this is another component to the bow. He is in a guild but he says they don't have the numbers to kill Onyxia.

I assume you are on a PvP realm as well?
Tier 1 are indeed the class-specific Epics.

Guild bank is used for buying potion mats mainly, sometimes things like Quel books for an offtank, etc, but pretty much just potion reagents.

The [Ancient Petrified Leaf] is the quest starter, and it drops from the chest spawned by the submission of Majordomo Executus (the last boss in MC before Ragnaros). Either his guild can kill Domo, in which case they can kill Ony, or he paid for some other guild to summon him in for the leaf, in which case he can pay for the sinew too.

PvE server, not that it makes much of a difference.

Lightning's Blade horde has at least one guild doing a similar thing. As long as buyer and seller are willing I don't quite understand what the problem is.

I don't know if I'll ever understand the end game raid stuff.

You raid a bunch (which many consider to be boring) to get new equipment....

...that you need to do the next big raid...

etc.

are you talking about quel'sarrar or the hunter quest bow?

quel'sarrar book is a warrior epic quest for the 1h sword, and that drops in dire maul so its believable that the guy who got it cant kill onyxia.

Quel serrar is warrior/paladin.

If it is a hunter, he wants the black sinew. He can pay 500g for the black sinew. It's nowhere near a guaranteed drop, and he IS going on a run with them, he can pay them if he wants to.

Calder said:
Quel serrar is warrior/paladin.

If it is a hunter, he wants the black sinew. He can pay 500g for the black sinew. It's nowhere near a guaranteed drop, and he IS going on a run with them, he can pay them if he wants to.
im glad i don't play for alliance and havin paladins with quel serrar and not warriors

nikj said:
are you talking about quel'sarrar or the hunter quest bow?

quel'sarrar book is a warrior epic quest for the 1h sword, and that drops in dire maul so its believable that the guy who got it cant kill onyxia.

My bad, I saw NE port and thought hunter. But it is a warrior and it is for Quel'Sarrar. And he says he needs to kill Onyxia.

But on another note wouldn't it simply be easier to raid and just up to the boss invite them in and summon via warlock for that fight? I'm sure you'd still have to kick someone out unless you can down her with 39. But if that were the case I could see paying some money for the summon/loot. But to run the whole dungeon no.

Well thats slightly more difficult. Afaik that means he has to be the MT on onyxia, and that is a good deal harder to accomodate than having some random dps'er

thats pretty gay

when the quel'serrar sword dropped for me the faggot no life guild on my server took me along for no charge

btw if onyxia dies on top of the sword.. go into 3rd person view to grab it :)

I know our guild brought an outsider to Ony once for his Quel'Serrar, not sure if we charged him or not but I'm guessing we did. We've also looked into charging people to come along for domo to get the hunter leaf or priest eye of divinity for their epic quests but we've had enough inguild alts picking them up that we've only had a couple eyes rot so far.

Back